Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th December 2019, 09:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

fanboys-poster_cast_final.jpg
FANBOYS (2009)

When they discover their friend is dying, a group of Star Wars fans make a plan a trek to steal the PHANTOM MENACE rough cut from George Lucas Skywalker Ranch..

For me, this is just so bloody good. Full of Star Wars quotes, sound effects and pop culture movie references. Along the way they have an ongoing war with a group of Trekkies and meet characters in the shape of Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Ray Park. The interior of Skywalker Ranch looks like the inside of the Death Star and is policed by the guards of THX 1138.
Old 4th December 2019, 04:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 221201
FANBOYS (2009)

When they discover their friend is dying, a group of Star Wars fans make a plan a trek to steal the PHANTOM MENACE rough cut from George Lucas Skywalker Ranch..

For me, this is just so bloody good. Full of Star Wars quotes, sound effects and pop culture movie references. Along the way they have an ongoing war with a group of Trekkies and meet characters in the shape of Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Ray Park. The interior of Skywalker Ranch looks like the inside of the Death Star and is policed by the guards of THX 1138.

I’ve always wanted to watch this but never got around to it. Does anyone know if it’s streaming anywhere?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th December 2019, 05:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Ring Two. 2005.

After the events of the Cursed tape, Rachel and Alden are living in a new town and soon Samara Morgan's name resurfaces and Rachel battles to save her son's soul.

The follow up stars Naomi Watts as journalist Rachel and David Dorfman as Alden who is being haunted by Samara, this wasn't as good as the first movie, it did have its moments when it can be seen as possession then goes back to being a ghost story. Don't get too excited with seeing Sissy Spacek name appear as its just a small role she has with part of Samara's background, the film can be predictable was good to pass the time away.
Old 4th December 2019, 06:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

the-last-man-on-earth-poster.jpg
THE LAST MAN ON EARTH (1964)

A plague has swept across the earth, spread by the wind.
Vincent Price is the only man left standing to seek out the 'vampire' victims by day and defend his house against the ghouls by night..

First adaptation of the Richard Matheson novel 'I am Legend' (1954)
Although I have seen this movie before I find it pretty grim stuff and has a solemn and eerie music score throughout.
There is a powerful flashback scene where Vincent witnesses the bodies of the dead thrown into a huge fire pit.
Bleak apocalyptic adaptation but I do prefer 'The Omega Man' (1971).
Old 4th December 2019, 08:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rings 2017.

A young girl tries to save her boyfriend when he watches a cursed tape and with the help of his professor try to find the origins of the tape.

Third installment to this franchise, the acting was decent even from Johnny Galecki as the professor questioning whether souls can be trapped on earth or what happens to them. The jump scares are little to the point it's not a horror but a mystery thriller type and the origins of who Samara was is slowly outlined, the film is best viewed in the dark due to the film be in low lighting
Old 4th December 2019, 10:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Legion 2010.

Archangel Michael arrives on earth to protect a young girl who is carrying humanity's last hope.

Paul Bettany stars as, Michael, who defies God's orders when he is upset with mankind and intends to destroy the world with plague of demons and what a place to defend is a low cut diner in the middle of nowhere. Despite the plot this was good not great but enjoyable, only thing is that there was no reason given as to why the almighty was pissed off. It may not be a original story but acting was decent and some good action and effects were decent.
Old 5th December 2019, 12:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Unfriended one of those films where they try something fresh and different from a different perspective eg like buried.
Its all done from a first person view as if you are watching your computer screen,
While I'm aware this isn't everyone cup of tea for various reasons I do think reading the reviews on imdb i feel some people are missing the point of the film, its all about cyber bullying and the consequences \ revenge and making people pay for what they did , its worth a watch.
Old 5th December 2019, 12:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dementia 13. 1963.

A scheming widow plans to get her late husband's inheritance, unaware she is targeted by a axe killer at the family estate where the family hold a remembrance of a child who died at the pond.

Francis Ford Coppola's directorial debut under producer Roger Corman, this was a decent who dunnit movie with some twist and turns, set in and around a spooky type gothic mansion. This was done on a small budget that pays off well with a decent cast who do a good job and a eerie background score by Ronald Stein, any fans of a murder mystery film would enjoy this film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p3677_p_v7_ab.jpg (92.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 5th December 2019, 08:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

the-comeback.jpg
THE COMEBACK (1978)

Jack Jones returns from the USA to restart his music career following his divorce. Unknown to him, his ex wife has been hacked to death in their old penthouse. Staying at a big country house, Jack starts seeing corpses and severed heads and crying and screaming in the night..

Slow burning film from Pete Walker. More of a psychological thriller than anything else as Jack tries to find out what is going on in the house.
When the killings come though, they are frantic and bloody.
Old 5th December 2019, 09:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's been years since I last saw The Comeback. Noted.

Joker

Taxi Driver it isn't. All that fuss over 25 seconds of music (if that). Get a life. Leander wrote the music, he'll get the £.
About as far away from Marvel without getting Ferrera to helm

The Fan (1996, Tony Scott)

And this is how Hypocritewood treated mental illness in the 90s. A horribly by-the-numbers piece of crap. Get me some Sidaris STAT

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!