Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179015Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2019, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted D.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd December 2019, 06:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Man Who Invented Christmas. 2017.

With a few flops behind him, Charles Dickens is at a low point in his life, determined to recover he decides to write a Christmas story and self publish it. While he is preparing his book he interacts with his charachters and create a classic tale.

This was a slow burner to start off that was going to be switched over to something else but gave it a chance and glad I did. This was actually enjoyable to watch, Dan Stevens plays the novelist Dickens who faces hardship and creates the character Scrooge, played by Christopher Plummer. It has a mixture of fact and fantasy that's worth a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 268x0w.jpg (17.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 22nd December 2019, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watching Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines (UK Fox dvd) and it has the Intermission in it!
The last time I saw this was Ice Station Zebra, which also had an Overture

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd December 2019, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Spy.

This being the very sweary "extended" version. Stafam is a lot funnier because of it, but it's still basically the same.

[B]
Old 22nd December 2019, 11:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Man Who Invented Christmas. 2017.

With a few flops behind him, Charles Dickens is at a low point in his life, determined to recover he decides to write a Christmas story and self publish it. While he is preparing his book he interacts with his charachters and create a classic tale.

This was a slow burner to start off that was going to be switched over to something else but gave it a chance and glad I did. This was actually enjoyable to watch, Dan Stevens plays the novelist Dickens who faces hardship and creates the character Scrooge, played by Christopher Plummer. It has a mixture of fact and fantasy that's worth a watch.
Plan to watch this on Christmas Eve.

Along with The Bishop's Wife (again), the Mr. Bean Christmas episode, Martin's Close and The Canterville Ghost (1974)
Old 22nd December 2019, 11:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Plan to watch this on Christmas Eve.

Along with The Bishop's Wife (again), the Mr. Bean Christmas episode, Martin's Close and The Canterville Ghost (1974)
Nice choice of viewing Dem
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Barman Returns. 1992

Batman saves the city of Gotham from the rage of the hideous Pengeuin man under the guidance of a city official and the Catwoman.

Tim Burton's classic sequel to the 1989 film, sees the dark gothic city of Gotham under siege , Danny Devito may not be the stepping stone to Burgess Meredith but plays a darker meniacle menace with his penguin followers. Michelle Pfieffer plays Selina/Catwoman who really should been in the spin off that was disterously made (IMO). Christopher Walken plays business tycoon Max Shreck who seems to want everything and right away. Michael Keaton dons the batsuit who has more gadgets in his mobile. There has been a lot of negative reviews about this film online being boring stupid daft plot etc but it's one I enjoyed and look at it as a decent follow up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colm_batman.jpg (99.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:04 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Barman Returns. 1992

Batman saves the city of Gotham from the rage of the hideous Pengeuin man under the guidance of a city official and the Catwoman.

Tim Burton's classic sequel to the 1989 film, sees the dark gothic city of Gotham under siege , Danny Devito may not be the stepping stone to Burgess Meredith but plays a darker meniacle menace with his penguin followers. Michelle Pfieffer plays Selina/Catwoman who really should been in the spin off that was disterously made (IMO). Christopher Walken plays business tycoon Max Shreck who seems to want everything and right away. Michael Keaton dons the batsuit who has more gadgets in his mobile. There has been a lot of negative reviews about this film online being boring stupid daft plot etc but it's one I enjoyed and look at it as a decent follow up.
Remains my fave superhero film.
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Barman Returns. 1992

I.always enjoyed it more than the first.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 23rd December 2019, 05:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 19

End of the Line (2007)

Gore galore in this pretty good but slightly too long subway train horror film.

Following an excellent opening half hour the film seemed to lose it's way only to redeem itself with a superb final reel. The idea of a religious cult crossed with The Manchurian Candidate was a good idea but it all turned a bit formulaic after a while and i didn't feel anything in the way of tension following the gripping opening.

For a low budget film the acting was top notch and the underground setting exemplary.

The practical gore effects worked well and the film is far superior to the similar - in that it's set in the subway system - Midnight Meat Train.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg end of the line.jpg (45.0 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!