Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179043Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2020, 09:19 PM
Cult Addict

Well what do you expect from a film that had to be rehashed in terms of concept, originally it was meant to be part of the cloverfield universe bt because the cloverfield paradox turned out to be shit they were forced to change. Also it was a jj abrams production.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 6th January 2020, 10:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 29

Byleth: Demon of Incest (1972)

An Italian Gothic horror that's notable for it's drawn out soft core sex scenes and nothing else.

I was never sure whether Mark Damon was actually possessed or simply wanted to shag every woman in the castle. Some of the production was suitably atmospheric but on the whole this was instantly forgettable.

I'm happy to own it and subsequent viewings may change my mind but i'd recommend this for Gothic horror completists only.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Byleth_Title.JPG (35.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 7th January 2020, 10:12 AM
Cult Veteran

A strange(ish) start to the new year, I've not watched a horror film or anything 'atmospheric' for quite a long time and I'm not sure why. Also, becoming a bit addicted to watching mid-period Jackie Chan movies, he was such a hunk back in the day hahah

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th January 2020, 04:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 32

Tales from the Crypt (1972)

What better way to end Christmas (Watched Sunday night) than with Tales From the Crypt.

Sir Ralph Richardson plays the crypt keeper who traps four individuals in his crypt and tells them a narrative that foreshadows his or her destiny.

The murderous Joan Collins who offs her husband on Christmas Eve before falling victim to a psycho Santa is my personal pick of the bunch and the reason i love watching the film over the Christmas period.

The famous comic book panels produced by E.C. Comics have been faithfully recreated and thanks to Milton Subotsky's script and Freddie Francis' direction this comes across as a fun filled horror film and one of the better Amicus portmanteau horror films.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tales_from_the_crypt.preview.jpg (61.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 7th January 2020, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Absolutely brilliant the legend at his best. A stranger arrives in the small town of Largo and receives hostile welcome from the townsfolk , after killing three men the townsfolk attitude changes and they ask for the strangers help to stop another 3 men who will arrive soon.

We soon learn that the townsfolk are hiding a secret involving the death of a Marshall. But just who or what is the stranger and what does he have in store for the townsfolk. A brilliant revenge western with a supernatural twist. 10/10
Old 7th January 2020, 11:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Venom (2018)

Darker in tone than the usual Marvel film, Venom was a refreshing change. Tom Hardy, as the broken man who becomes host to an alien symbiote who transforms into a remarkable and ferocious creature, is excellent in a humorous way.

Much more to my taste than the more recent cosmic, mysticism and planet chucking nonsense that the Marvel toy department has thrown out of it's pram in the last couple of years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 518jo3Xlf8L.jpg (46.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 7th January 2020, 11:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Absolutely brilliant the legend at his best. A stranger arrives in the small town of Largo and receives hostile welcome from the townsfolk , after killing three men the townsfolk attitude changes and they ask for the strangers help to stop another 3 men who will arrive soon.

We soon learn that the townsfolk are hiding a secret involving the death of a Marshall. But just who or what is the stranger and what does he have in store for the townsfolk. A brilliant revenge western with a supernatural twist. 10/10
Great review, Treb. I agree with you whole heartedly.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 7th January 2020, 11:27 PM
Cult Master

nb27HXIvzwkdJGE2xhGDwP2tyAF.jpg

My first horror and only second film of 2020 and im sorry i didn't wait longer to get back to watching film after this borefest. A group of friends head out to remote late for a snow mobile race and after a crash they end up in an abandoned summer camp where they find a sort of Ouija board and start messing about with it and they unleash something not of this world. I was gonna say unleash hell but nothing really happens. The best part of the film is the Arrow artwork and that depicts the best part of the actual film. If you are sitting on the fence about this one just take the pain in your ass and stay sitting on that fence until something else comes along. Speaking of fences id rather piss on an electric fence than sit through this again
Old 7th January 2020, 11:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

John wick 3

Very dull boring and soulless with to much ridiculous action, my other half a huge fan of the previous 2 and she got fed up, turned off around 1hr 30 mark.
Old 8th January 2020, 12:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Cable Guy. 1996.

After breaking up with his girlfriend and gets his own apartment, Steven decides to get cable, unaware the cable guy who seems unbalanced and tries to be friends with Steven and doesn't take rejection very well.

Jim Carrey brings out a set of craziness to his character of being a creepy cable installer and stalker to victim Mathew Broderick, with some dark comedy humour and some thriller. There is mind games in this you don't notice the first time viewing and a guy who seems to enjoy star trek. Ben Stiller done a great job directing this and having a cameo role as the former child star standing trial. Still good for the laughs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The-Cable-Guy-Columbia.jpg (77.3 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!