All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2020, 12:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
John wick 3

Very dull boring and soulless with to much ridiculous action, my other half a huge fan of the previous 2 and she got fed up, turned off around 1hr 30 mark.
Oh God, I thought it was just me. The first one was a great revenge action flick. The sequels both sent me to sleep.
Old 8th January 2020, 07:46 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

tn_Enter the Ninja Poster.jpg

Franco Nero comes through town like a tornado kicking ass stealing wives settling land claim disputes and curing erectile dysfunctions and he is a fully qualified Ninja what a guy.

Fun cheesy action from the amazing Canon recommended hell yes.

7/10
Old 8th January 2020, 09:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ready Or Not

Samara Weaving (Hugo's niece cough, those eyes ahem) marries her love at his family home. Yes, a woman weds a man
A seemingly innocuous tradition turns into ... something less savoury. Decent enough romp. Some cheeky dialogue. Recommended? Aye, go on then.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 8th January 2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old 8th January 2020, 09:17 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Oh God, I thought it was just me. The first one was a great revenge action flick. The sequels both sent me to sleep.
I didn't think much of the first one.
Deadite likes this.
Old 8th January 2020, 12:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Annihilation (2018)

I loved Ex-Machina, Alex Garland's first film as a director, so had great anticipation for Annihilation his second feature and second sci-fi film.

Whilst it's not as good as Ex-Machina, Annihilation is still a very good film. It's thought provoking, exciting, tense and occasionally intense and most importantly keeps you glued to the screen. It's a visually stunning film and also a gut wrenching genre piece as well.

Nicely acted by all and directed with verve, Annihilation is a film that will become even more mind expanding and (hopefully) less ambiguous with multiple re-watches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annihilationposter-600x889.jpg (84.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 8th January 2020, 12:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyone else disappointed in the climax of Tarantinos latest?
I sat for almost three hours expecting to see the Manson/Tate murders,not some fantasy happy ending......

Brad Pitt was superb though and deserved his gong.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th January 2020, 01:02 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Annihilation (2018)

I loved Ex-Machina, Alex Garland's first film as a director, so had great anticipation for Annihilation his second feature and second sci-fi film.

Whilst it's not as good as Ex-Machina, Annihilation is still a very good film. It's thought provoking, exciting, tense and occasionally intense and most importantly keeps you glued to the screen. It's a visually stunning film and also a gut wrenching genre piece as well.

Nicely acted by all and directed with verve, Annihilation is a film that will become even more mind expanding and (hopefully) less ambiguous with multiple re-watches.
The series of three books is highly recommended. I've not seen the film yet but I assume that it's based purely on the first of the three.

I love the artwork of the original releases which I have, the new covers are still good but I prefer the simplicity of these ones. Book one freaked me out

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th January 2020, 02:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Annihilation (2018)

I bought the 4K Ultra HD version of this in the Zoom 3 for £30 per couple of weeks ago based purely on the strength of Ex-Machina and Alex Garland's screenplays for 28 Days Later and The Beach (a novel I keep meaning to read and buy), so my existing high hopes are reinforced by your positive review.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 8th January 2020, 02:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I bought the 4K Ultra HD version of this in the Zoom 3 for £30 per couple of weeks ago based purely on the strength of Ex-Machina and Alex Garland's screenplays for 28 Days Later and The Beach (a novel I keep meaning to read and buy), so my existing high hopes are reinforced by your positive review.
It'll look fantastic in 4K.

You've gotta read The Beach. It's a fantastic novel. I love the film but the novel is better.
Old 8th January 2020, 02:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Competition

Quote:
It'll look fantastic in 4K.

You've gotta read The Beach. It's a fantastic novel. I love the film but the novel is better.
I'll definitely let you know what Annihilation looks and sounds like, as well as what I make of the substance, when I watch it.

I have loads to read, but I'll definitely add The Beach to my Amazon wishlist and get it at some point in the future.

Like this? Share it using the links below!