Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th June 2010 03:24 PM

In answer to your spoiler question, it was at the end of Diary of the Dead.

In answer to your question about how to do spoilers, the code goes like this only without the spaces:

[ spoiler= what the spoiler is about ] The spoiler [ /spoiler]

Phats 24th June 2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 88574)
In answer to your spoiler question, it was at the end of Diary of the Dead.

In answer to your question about how to do spoilers, the code goes like this only without the spaces:

[ spoiler= what the spoiler is about ] The spoiler [ /spoiler]

Thanks on both accounts. On another forum I use, the spoiler tag is [spoiler] the spoiler [/spoiler] so I wasn't sure whether there were spoiler tags on here when that didn't work.

Thanks again. :clap:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 24th June 2010 04:05 PM

Last night I went round a mates house to watch a couple of films. First of was India's first ever zombie film, Hell's Ground - sadly there was hardly any zombies in the film. Instead it focused more on the slasher aspect - so it seemed a little muddled.

Then we watched Eraserhead. Ashamed to say this but none of us had seen this film before despite it's incredible reputation. But, PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR THIS, I (and him) thought it was just incredibly boring. Whilst it was incredibly shot and there's no denying that there are sooo many ways to read it, I just found it a chore to sit through - and not because it was disturbing. In fact, I have no idea why it's seen to be as disturbing as people say it is. But ofcourse, each to their own. :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th June 2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 88589)
Last night I went round a mates house to watch a couple of films. First of was India's first ever zombie film, Hell's Ground - sadly there was hardly any zombies in the film. Instead it focused more on the slasher aspect - so it seemed a little muddled.

Still need to see this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 88589)
Then we watched Eraserhead. Ashamed to say this but none of us had seen this film before despite it's incredible reputation. But, PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR THIS, I (and him) thought it was just incredibly boring. Whilst it was incredibly shot and there's no denying that there are sooo many ways to read it, I just found it a chore to sit through - and not because it was disturbing. In fact, I have no idea why it's seen to be as disturbing as people say it is. But ofcourse, each to their own. :)

Couldn't hate you if I tried, mate. ;)

I love Eraserhead but I see it as a very subtle but in-depth film, it's not really one you can enjoy with a bunch of mates, but more one to watch alone: in a tiny, cramped, sparsely furnished apartment with only your thoughts for company... ;) Maybe a repeat viewing on your own may change your opinion, and to be honest, the first time I saw it I thought it was only okay. Now, I rank it as one of my favourite Lynch films.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 24th June 2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 88594)
Still need to see this.

Couldn't hate you if I tried, mate. ;)

I love Eraserhead but I see it as a very subtle but in-depth film, it's not really one you can enjoy with a bunch of mates, but more one to watch alone: in a tiny, cramped, sparsely furnished apartment with only your thoughts for company... ;) Maybe a repeat viewing on your own may change your opinion, and to be honest, the first time I saw it I thought it was only okay. Now, I rank it as one of my favourite Lynch films.

:woot:

Yeah it probably was the enviroment I was watching it in etc. Plus it was quite late. I just don't think I can bring myself to watch it any time soon - I may bore myself into a coma. :p

pedromonkey 24th June 2010 05:06 PM

i must be the only person in existance who cannot stand David Lynch, i just don't like his films, i think they're over hyped and to be honest quite rubbish, the last one i watched was that godawful Mulholland Drive, and the only reason i watched it, and call me a perv if you want, was because Naomi Watts got neked, and although it's the least of his film, Dune is the only one i can stand..

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th June 2010 06:05 PM

I personally love David Lynch's movies and I really respect the way he refuses to explain away exactly what they are about so you can each think that your own interpretation is the right one. Eraserhead is an extremely disturbing watch and that weird lämb-foetus baby thing is extremely distressing and freaks me out every time I watch the movie.

All of his films, bar things like Dune and The Straight Story, need to be watched multiple times so that you can fully understand what was going on.

antmumford 24th June 2010 06:08 PM

Agree with Nosferatu, I love David Lynch films, they're works of a deluded genius! Yet to see his easy watching Straight Story but looking forward to it none the less. Eraserhead is creepy because it makes no sense and that scene with the thing being cut open whilst it screams always puts me on edge

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th June 2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 88587)
Thanks on both accounts. On another forum I use, the spoiler tag is [spoiler] the spoiler [/spoiler] so I wasn't sure whether there were spoiler tags on here when that didn't work.

I'm exactly the same as I think I know how one forum works but then you go to another site with a different forum operating system and there is a whole different set of codes to use!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th June 2010 07:52 PM

I watched 2012 earlier on and, having disliked every one of Roland Emmerich's previous films, wasn't expecting to like this very much but I was completely unprepared for just how bad it was. It is so woefully constructed, that it defies belief that it did so well at the box office. The only plus point, there was only one, was John Cusack who did that normal 'flippant guy who gets things done' act very well. Everyone else was utterly forgettable.

Just settling down to watch Tales from the Crypt as you can't beat a good old Amicus portmanteau film. Sadly, this review disc is a screener which has a time bar burnt in the top. I'm far from impressed with that.