Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

gag 25th June 2010 11:54 AM

I watched a film called black sheep from the 90s about a bloke who trying to run for president and his brother is just a bungling idiot, and there a scene in it where it where pmsl :laugh:
He borrowed a cop car and was dressed as a copper and got pulled up by another cop car they exchanged a few words and he asked him his name he replied ...meof, jack , :lol:

pedromonkey 25th June 2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 88753)
I watched a film called black sheep from the 90s about a bloke who trying to run for president and his brother is just a bungling idiot, and there a scene in it where it where pmsl :laugh:
He borrowed a cop car and was dressed as a copper and got pulled up by another cop car they exchanged a few words and he asked him his name he replied ...meof, jack , :lol:

the old Chris Farley/David Spade comedy?

I watched a film last night that was pretty descent, it was called RAMPAGE, and it wasn't untill the end that i saw who Directed it....UWE BOLL. The Film was about a 23 year old lay-about who kits up and goes on a killing spree armed with sub-machine guns who proceeds to mo down anyone he's sees. There was grear scene where he walks into a bingo hall dressed in all his armour and sits down to eat a sandwich. No body bats an eyelid. It was extremely well acted and was shot well too, it looks like Boll is getting a bit better and film making. The film has an epic body count to. but although there is a lot of violence and a story of someone trying to change the world, at the end i just thought, i enjoyed that but what was the point...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th June 2010 01:05 PM

It's not the same film as Postal under a different name or did Uwe Boll make two films with exactly the same premise? I wouldn't be at all surprised.

pedromonkey 25th June 2010 01:10 PM

Postal was a comedy, this film was far from it. Im not pro boll, but he's more than welcome to carry on making films, i hope he gets better at it though....

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th June 2010 01:14 PM

I imagine it's quite difficult to learn from your mistakes if you don't acknowledge that you've made any!

pedromonkey 25th June 2010 01:54 PM

that's funny because it's so true...

re.form 25th June 2010 06:09 PM

I actually like some of Uwe Boll's stuff. I also find him very entertaining as an individual.

Watched The Stuff last night.

Gigantor 28th June 2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 88863)
I actually like some of Uwe Boll's stuff. I also find him very entertaining as an individual.

Watched The Stuff last night.

Individually hes an interesting guy.Movie wise:rolleyes:

recent watches for me were

WEEKEND AT BERNIES
THE CUTTER
MANNEQUIN2
TOY STORY 3
SHREK FOREVER AFTER
BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th June 2010 04:45 PM

As well as review discs, I've also been working my way through the Jerry Lewis boxset. Some of these are actually quite funny but others seem like vehicles for Jerry Lewis to do a song/dance number or some of his trademark physical clowning.

Last night I watched Battle for Terra which is one of the finest non-Pixar CG animated films and today I saw The Collector at the cinema which was a really interesting premise but some of the stuff the director did was really annoying and the ending was well, how shall I say this... ambitious.

Currently watching Monsters vs. Aliens which I liked at the cinema but thought that the 3-D was unnecessary and distracting and watching it at home in 2-D has to nothing to change my mind.

James Morton 28th June 2010 05:00 PM

What films have you seen recently?

the Brit horror THE CHILDREN
not a bad film
but I've seen a lot better, especially British