Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179431Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2020, 06:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Raid. 2011.

In Indonesia, a S.W.A.T team are preparing to raid a tenement block operated by a drug lord, when the team are infiltrated by gang members and become trapped, they fight their way through every level.

This was one of the best martial arts action movie I have watched in ages, well crafted fight choreography scenes and a decent story that never gets bored from start to finish. The story may seem a bit like Dredd, but this isn't set in the future but the present and no futuristic weapons, and lost count on how many times i said 'that must've hurt'
Old 29th January 2020, 08:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Raid. 2011.

In Indonesia, a S.W.A.T team are preparing to raid a tenement block operated by a drug lord, when the team are infiltrated by gang members and become trapped, they fight their way through every level.

This was one of the best martial arts action movie I have watched in ages, well crafted fight choreography scenes and a decent story that never gets bored from start to finish. The story may seem a bit like Dredd, but this isn't set in the future but the present and no futuristic weapons, and lost count on how many times i said 'that must've hurt'
Wait until you get to the sequel

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 29th January 2020, 09:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

di_tresette_cene_uno.jpg
THE CRAZY BUNCH (1974)

Sequel to 'They Called Him the Player with the Dead' (1973)
Tresette searches in a mental hospital to find a man who has hidden a key to a box full of gold.

Batshit crazy spaghetti western. Non stop slapstick buffoonery.
Who the hell knows what is going on in this movie? Just go along for the ride. Absolutely nutty!
Old 29th January 2020, 09:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Exactly, both films are a must in people collection, top notch and highly recommended .
Old 29th January 2020, 09:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Indeed. Both films are extraordinarily well choreographed and require a great deal of skill to carry out such cinematic violence without serious injuries. I keep meaning to watch them with the commentaries by Gareth Evans to get an understanding of how they carried out the astonishing fight scenes.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 29th January 2020, 10:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Raid 2. 2014.

Shortly after the events of the raid on the tenement, Rama is coerced to intercept a crime family where a mob boss's son tries to control everything ad start a war.

Not many sequels live up to the first movie but this one did, what seems to be a straight action movie and a lot more dialogue with a little bit of fighting in a prison yard and bathroom, then halfway through the big guns come out and and non stop well choreographed fighting. Gareth Evans done a good job on the first film and done better on this film with more suspense added. two films that will never disappoint anyone.
Old 29th January 2020, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I didn't rate The Raid 2.

A shadow of the first film. Gave the dvd to charity after one viewing.
Old 30th January 2020, 02:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Return of the Blind Dead (1973)

The second film in director Amando de Ossorio's Blind Dead series is as close as the film's get to a straight up action movie.

This has the sightless Templar ghouls return to a Portuguese town about to celebrate five hundred years since the defeat of the Templar's.

The film gallops along and has a higher body count than the first Blind Dead film thanks to numerous 'Rampage through the town on (dead) horseback killing everyone in sight set pieces' but due to the knights having a lot more screen time it's probably less of an eerie experience than the earlier Tombs of the Blind Dead although the skeletal knights remain extremely scary to look at.

Return of the Blind Dead is still my favourite of the four films and a couple of highlights include Fernando Sanchez who is a joy to watch as the town's shifty mayor and a really creepy, suspense-filled ending as the knight's...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Returnblinddead.jpg (32.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 30th January 2020, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I do love them all really (aand their cameo in Franco's Mansion), but Return I have watched most, due to finding it more often than the others.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th January 2020, 09:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

His Girl Friday (1940)

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

His second greatest trick was somehow making the world think this gabbling, screeching, shout-a-thon was in some way a classic film.

It's not. It's so OTT horrendous it makes the blood boil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 511SQ96nK6L.jpg (48.3 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!