Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2020, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
It Chapter Two. 2019.

When the Losers Club defeated Pennywise when they were teens, they made a pact to come back. 27 years later they come back to put a end to it all.

Aside from having a good cast and a small cameo by Stephen King, this was a bit of a disappointment to the next chapter and weird ass ending that im sure it was different from the book (it has been a while since i read the book). Bill Skarksard returns to the role of Pennywise and more creepy but with the CGI effects somewhat made it stupid and too much comedy moments made it hard to rake it seriously.
Wasn't a fan of first one so not bothered with the 2nd one
Old 2nd February 2020, 06:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've not got around to giving my disc a spin yet, it's one of the few I've not packed away yet so I might get around to it shortly I'm sure. If I remember correctly the running time had put me off, sometimes you just want 90 minutes or less!
It's quite engrossing though, due to a rather interesting gambit of an opener, you buy that, then you're in ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd February 2020, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Eyeball. 1975.

A maniac in a red cape is murdering tourists by gouging out their eyes with a knife.

A low budget film from Umberto Lenzi thats full of cheesy moments, daft plot,a little bit of decent make-up, women who like showing off their bodies. As daft as the film may be it's actually decent for Lenzi fans or giallo fans. It can be predictable as to who the killer is but it's fun to watch aswell who can be the next victim and there is some good decent acting.
Old 2nd February 2020, 07:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just got back from 1917. Technically brilliant film, with really long takes and hidden cuts to make it look like its all one take. Very tense and few wasted moments. Also its one of those where you can play 'spot the star'. Hard to criticise really as its heart is obviously in the right place. Two things bothered me though 1. the Germans were worse shots than James Bond henchmen and 2. i felt the incident with the German pilot was contrived and unlikely.
Old 2nd February 2020, 07:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A group of scientist's mistake a ufo for a asteroid, when the UFO crashes into the ocean a monstrous machine that looks like something that escaped from Ikea sets a destructive path across the world, with no apparent way to stopped it and attacks only making it stronger how will it be stopped! 6/10

When there is a cave in , in a mine shaft in a small village a group of large bug/caterpillar type creatures are released and start killing the villages but that only the beginning of the problem when a huge Pterodactyl type creature dubbed Rodan is released and starts destroying Japan, matters are made even worse when it is found out that there are two off the creatures. A classic toho monster movie. 8/10

After some suspicious disasters and the destruction of a space station , the earth receives a warning from the planet Natal not to land on the moon, the major powers of the world come together and form a team and build two rocket ships and send them to the moon to stop the invasion. Highly enjoyable toho sci-fi . 8/10

As it's that time of year again so now watching

Last edited by trebor8273; 2nd February 2020 at 08:13 PM.
Old 2nd February 2020, 08:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

13 ghosts (william castle)

Bettdr than pretty much every horror film released since 2000, and easily better than the epilepsy-inducing remake, William Castle is the man!!!!

Feeling really shitty but this film has helped me feel better, like comfort food.
Please dont judge but films like this have liteRALLY helped my depression. I have been feeling so shit lately that I have not wanted to be alive. Please dont judge, I have so much more than most but feel suicidal at times. My family (1 wife, 1 son) are my sole reason to keep going.

I love everyone on here & am struggling to stay sane. Love to all.
Old 2nd February 2020, 09:10 PM
Cult Addict

I suffer from depression and anxiety myself, most of the time i just try to keep myself on a basic even level but it always gets worse during winter.

It doesn't matter if you seem to have everything or are better off than a lot of others its all about how you're brain is functioning, exercise and eating well helps but is not always easy to maintain.

Just going easy on yourself and accepting that you are not at your best helps a lot, try not to beat yourself up for feeling down.

I just try to get through each day and not think too much about it, so distract myself when i'm feeling overwhelmed.

If an old comfortable and enjoyable movie cheers you up there's nothing wrong with that, i often go back to the old universal films when i need to just relax.

Go easy on yourself mate and i hope you start to feel better soon.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 2nd February 2020, 10:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Egocentric weatherman Phil Conners is sent for the fifth year in a row with his cameraman and new producer ( Andie Macdowell) to cover the groundhog festival in the small town of Punxsutawney. Waking up the next day Phil finds that he is stuck in a time loop and is set to relive groundhog day over and over.

A classic , that's funny and uplifting that gave rise to a number of copy cat films and tv shows. Murray is great as usual and directed by the late Harold Ramis , who also has a small cameo. 10/10

Now watching

Old 3rd February 2020, 12:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post

Bettdr than pretty much every horror film released since 2000, and easily better than the epilepsy-inducing remake, William Castle is the man!!!!

Feeling really shitty but this film has helped me feel better, like comfort food.
Please dont judge but films like this have liteRALLY helped my depression. I have been feeling so shit lately that I have not wanted to be alive. Please dont judge, I have so much more than most but feel suicidal at times. My family (1 wife, 1 son) are my sole reason to keep going.

Were all here to listen, (well read ) so big hugs
Both Sam and me have depression where as some days I just want to cry,
Hence why I haven't posted much about films recently because I haven't watched many
I start of watching one then switch off because I get bored, restless or lose interest because my mind wondering somewhere else .
We both ended up going for counselling last year, doctors orders .

And Sam also feels suicidal as well,
(A lot of that to do with her kids, treat her like shite both male chauvinist pigs and think women need putting in their place and do everything while they just lie in bed all day or lounge around house playing ps4 and xbox, their ****ing utter arseholes and if up to me both be kicked out ) but that's a different story .
She has illnesses as well,

blood deficiency ,
blacks out,
Pacemaker where sometime her heart stops,
I know the pacemaker works because we was both nodding off and she had hold of my hand and I felt the shock it woke me up ,
her heart rate can drop to 30 or race as fast as almost 200
fibromyalgia

So she spends a lot of time in bed ill and sometimes she just full of pain, and gets out of breath easy and has to lie down, I've known her to go toilet and come back out of breath ,
I do my best to look after her and keep telling her to stop doing things she shouldn't and I should do it, but she thinks she capable when she not.
she has no interest in anything ,
And recently she been having stomach pains, causing it to swell went for a scan and found 3 huge cyst where now she has to have a operation and possible might have to have her womb removed .

Hence why we try and do things to get out the house, like today with the afternoon tea to try and stop us from getting so low and stuck in a rut .

Also why she bought the dog to give herself something to do and again get out the house by taking her for a walk .

So anyone suffering from depression is all good to talk on here because we do understand what you are going through and how you feel .
nosferatu42 and Rob4 like this.
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I suffer from depression and anxiety myself, most of the time i just try to keep myself on a basic even level but it always gets worse during winter.

It doesn't matter if you seem to have everything or are better off than a lot of others its all about how you're brain is functioning, exercise and eating well helps but is not always easy to maintain.

Just going easy on yourself and accepting that you are not at your best helps a lot, try not to beat yourself up for feeling down.

I just try to get through each day and not think too much about it, so distract myself when i'm feeling overwhelmed.

If an old comfortable and enjoyable movie cheers you up there's nothing wrong with that, i often go back to the old universal films when i need to just relax.

Go easy on yourself mate and i hope you start to feel better soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Where all here to listen, (well read ) so big hugs
Both Sam and me have depression where as some days I just want to cry,
Hence why I haven't posted much about films recently because I haven't watched many
I start of watching one then switch of because I get bored, restless or lose interest because my mind wondering somewhere else .
We both ended up going for counselling, doctors orders .

And Sam also feels suicidal as well,
(A lot of that to do with her kids, treat her like shite both male chauvinist pigs and think women need putting in their place and do everything while they just lie in bed all day or lounge around house playing ps4 and xbox, their ****ing utter arseholes and if up to me both be kicked out ) but that's a different story .
She has illnesses as well,
blood deficiency ,
blacks out,
Pacemaker where sometime her heart stops,
I know the pacemaker works because we was both nodding off and she had hold of my hand and I felt the shock it woke me up ,
her heart rate can drop to 30 or race as fast as almost 200
fibromyalgia
So she spends a lot of time in bed ill and sometimes she just full of pain, ad gets out of breath easy and has to lie down, I've known her to go toilet and come back out of breath ,
I do my best to look after her and keep telling her to stop doing things she shouldn't and I should do it, but she thinks she capable when she not.
she has no interest in anything ,
And recently she been having stomach pains, causing it to swell went for a scan and found 3 huge cyst where now she might have to have her womb removed .

Hence why we try and do things to get out the house, like today with the afternoon tea to try and stop us from getting so low and stuck in a rut .

Also why she bought the dog to give herself something to do and again get out the house by talking her for a walk .

So anyone suffering from depression is all good to talk on here because we do understand what you are going through and how you feel .

I only been on here 3 years nearly and a few times i have had a bit of stick with what i have posted up and just laughed it off, even now i still laugh, this is one place where everyone seems to band together and be there for each other. I can relate to depression, anxiety, 17 years ago i could have lost my life due to a stabbing, was told two millimeters deeper and i could have had some serious problems and i sank down and kept everything bottled in to the point of being told i was useless, pathetic, waste of space and suicide was an answer for me. Never bottle things in as it will eat away open up, we are all a good band of folks here.

Like this? Share it using the links below!