Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2020, 07:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Contamination. 1980

A former astronaut helps a government agent and a police detective track down a source of alien eggs he found on Mars that have appeared on earth.

Why do we love the Italians cos they know how to rip off films and make them look good. Ian McCulloch stars as the former astronaut Hubbard who saw eggs on Mars and nobody believed him. Louise Marleau is government agent Holmes who is assigned to find out how the alien eggs are on earth and Marino Masé is the police detective assigned to help.

You can tell its a clone of Alien but actually it's not half bad as it looks and bit of the same opening as Zombi with a lone boat drifting into New York and nobody answering the call of the police. There is plenty of gore and somewhat suspense mixed with a bad sign of dubbing but not as bad as other badly dubbed films.

MV5BNDE5Y2FhNmUtNTJiMC00YjJkLTgzNzMtNTJjYTZlY2QzMmI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg
Old 17th February 2020, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is the Arrow BD MrB?? Does it look nice then? All I have are vhs grots and a German dvd that's uncut ... but in German
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th February 2020, 09:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Tales from the Crypt. Early 70s British horror anthology based on the old EC Comics. A mixed bag, as with most anthologies; the stories with Joan Collins and Peter Cushing were very good (indeed, I thought the Collins one could have gone on longer and even been a movie by itself!) but some of the others are a bit meh.
Old 17th February 2020, 10:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

In the small town of Haven strange things are a foot, people's IQ have increased and the townsfolk are inventing wondrous and terrible devices and some can also read minds. Could it all be connected to the strange ruins that have been unearthed?

While not the best King adaptation it's far from the worse . 6.5/10

An enjoyable if scientifically inaccurate bit of sci-fi.

When a group of scientist discover that a rogue planet and a star are on course for earth most of the world take the scientist for crackpots so the scientist finding funding and set about building a noahs arc type rocket to get them to a nearby planet. 8/10

Now watching this

Going to watch all hammer Draculas, Mummy and Frankenstein films over next few weeks.
Old 17th February 2020, 11:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Raid redemption

Action movie that packs a punch after punch, the body count, bullet ridden, machety wielding arse kicking action movie comes fast and thick that you better buckle up your seatbelt because once it kicks of there barely any slowing down,
This is exactly how action movies should be,
Police are fed up of the druglord in a run down block of flats they think its high time he was taken out, and there's only one way out kill or be killed because these guys take no prisoners,
The most thrilling action packed martial arts movie you'll ever see and would give Bruce Lee and Jackie chan a run for there money,
Something wrong if you don't walk way from this film with a smile on your face from the thrill seeking, arse kicking action movie of the decade .
This isn't just a ordinary action film its the ULTIMATE action film .
It blows any action film you've ever seen out the water and then some .
Old 17th February 2020, 11:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Raid redemption

Action movie that packs a punch after punch, the body count, bullet ridden, machety wielding arse kicking action movie comes fast and thick that you better buckle up your seatbelt because once it kicks of there barely any slowing down,
This is exactly how action movies should be,
Police are fed up of the druglord in a run down block of flats they think its high time he was taken out, and there's only one way out kill or be killed because these guys take no prisoners,
The most thrilling action packed martial arts movie you'll ever see and would give Bruce Lee and Jackie chan a run for there money,
Something wrong if you don't walk way from this film with a smile on your face from the thrill seeking, arse kicking action movie of the decade .
This isn't just a ordinary action film its the ULTIMATE action film .
It blows any action film you've ever seen out the water and then some .
Ong-Bak's better.
Old 17th February 2020, 11:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ong-Bak's better.
I can't remember if I've seen it, I'll seek it out
Thanks .
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th February 2020, 11:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I can't remember if I've seen it, I'll seek it out
Thanks .
The Raid is full on action most certainly but i think Ong-Bak tells a better story and most of the action scenes are incredible especially as no CGI or wire work is involved.
Old 18th February 2020, 01:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
This is the Arrow BD MrB?? Does it look nice then? All I have are vhs grots and a German dvd that's uncut ... but in German
It's a lot better than the cheap knock off dvd I bought at a car boot sale a few years ago, picture quality is decent and a bit sharper, I can't compare it to the other releases it has had, hope it helps.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th February 2020, 12:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ong-Bak's better.
I don't know about better, but it's one I'd recommend to someone who likes The Raid films.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!