Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2010, 10:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Evil dead trap

I heard so much about this film and nvr seen it, just got round to watching it, it was dull boring and ending was WTF pile of crap , i wont even bother wasting my time on 2 or 3 one,
i love the film,allthough i watched it about 6 years ago i think so i might not as much now!

last night i watched inner depravity , very odd short film, its basically 10 mins or maybe less with a guy in a mask hacking up women. not sure what i thought of it tbh
Old 4th July 2010, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just fin watching zombieland .
I quite enjoyed just think half way through it lost sense of direction and was a tadge dull and boring, and before any 1 make comments of my nxt statment im aware of the concect of these films being just fun amusing comedy, etc etc, but even in some films has certain points in films irritated you, i mean being chased by tonnes of zombies and what do they decide to do get on a ride that shoots u up in the air im sorry but that bit in the film sort of ruined it for me,
Old 4th July 2010, 02:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I thought Zombieland was fantastic, one of the best horror/comedy of the last decade and was probably the greatest cameo of all time. That, with Dead Snow, would make a great double Bill.
Old 4th July 2010, 05:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just watched Deodato's Grindhouse release of:

Cannibal Holocaust

I haven't seen this for a few years now, and this time around I feel a lot of the hype is unjust. If it wasn't for the (unnecessary) animal violence, I think the majority of the violence is rather laughable! I do agree the movie is groundbreaking, and rather well directed - but some of the script borders on dire. The overall release is a cracker though, and I think it will be sometime until another release tops this one - if ever. Certainly one for the collection, but certainly not a multiple viewer. I maybe in the minority, but I prefer Ferox.
Old 4th July 2010, 07:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
I thought Zombieland was fantastic, one of the best horror/comedy of the last decade and was probably the greatest cameo of all time. That, with Dead Snow, would make a great double Bill.
I agree, not seen dead snow though.
Drag Me To Hell was also a awesome horror com

I watched the skeptic last night, its a horror/drama about this guy who thinks he has inherited his grand mothers mansion and goes to stay there for a while as he has issues with his wife. He discovers that his grandmother thought it was haunted but as he is a lawyer he thinks there is no such thing as ghosts. Then things start to happen and he stats to remember his past. The ending was pretty good too. Its not a typical haunted house story as its more about his past then the house. Good acting from everyone and it kept me interested and wanting to know more throughout. The ending might split people as it just ends suddenly.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th July 2010, 07:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah, I thought Drag Me to Hell was great fun, especially the interactions between Christine Brown (superbly played by Alison Lohman) and the old gypsy woman, both alive and dead! That's another BD on my wish list.
Old 4th July 2010, 09:44 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Evil dead trap

I heard so much about this film and nvr seen it, just got round to watching it, it was dull boring and ending was WTF pile of crap , i wont even bother wasting my time on 2 or 3 one,
saw EDEN LAKE
very good Brit horror thriller with good ending
SLEEPLESS. underrated Argento, great giallo
Norman J Warren's TERROR and INSEMINOID
fun horrors on a low budget

i have the R1 uncut EVIL DEAD TRAP (i've seen part 2-crap), but the original i thought was brilliant with a surreal twist ending
one of the better Jap horrors
Old 4th July 2010, 09:54 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Yeah, I thought Drag Me to Hell was great fun, especially the interactions between Christine Brown (superbly played by Alison Lohman) and the old gypsy woman, both alive and dead! That's another BD on my wish list.
The blu-ray looks and sounds fantastic (apart from the slightly shonky looking cgi firey pits at the end), really worth getting.
Old 4th July 2010, 10:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
SLEEPLESS. underrated Argento, great giallo
Indeed underrated. Almost a return to form for DA ..... all that was missing was the stylised camera work and I think Sleepless would be today classed as a DA classic.

Oh that bloody rhyme drove me insane tho! How irritating .... obviously being written by Asia didn't help!
Old 5th July 2010, 12:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Naked and Violent - Boring mondo movie from Sergio Martino. MYA's dvd is one of the worst I have ever seen.

Resident Evil - Extinction
- I'm shocked, almost speechless..was this really a RE movie? No, It couldn't have been, it was actually good. Hang on, it is a RE movie. A good RE movie. Holy shit!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!