Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2020, 08:42 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
I gave my copy away. I am usually very patient with shit films, but that one was a turd too far even for me.
Im usually the same i find something good out of films i didnt really like with Beyond The Door i couldn't ill watch the Visitor tomorrow not sure my brain can handle it at the minute.
Demoncrat and Deadite like this.
Old 11th April 2020, 08:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched The Skull on talking pictures last night. Can't believe it's the first time I've seen it, but it is. I don't know whether it was because I was tired or simply not in the mood but I found it pretty boring. It dragged in places and although there were some interesting shot angles and the cinematography was great I struggled to pay attention. I'll have to give it another shot somewhen.
Old 11th April 2020, 09:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's worth a rewatch certainly.
Deadite likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th April 2020, 09:53 PM
Cult Master

I watched The Mandalorian episode 5 and afterwards The Sword in The Stone was recommended its been years since i seen it so i thought why not.

I loved these old classic Disney animated films growing up. The animation is beautiful the characters are funny and likeable. The voice acting is spot and and the music works perfectly in every scene. So many fond memories coming back watching this.

I found it funny that there was a little warning at the start saying tobacco use depicted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg swordinthestoneposter1963.jpg (72.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 11th April 2020, 10:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Ring Of Steel, Innerspace & Fatal Beauty

Ring Of Steel

A champion fencer accidentally kills an opponent during a competition and whist he's on suspension, he's approached by Joe Don Baker who wants him to compete in sword fights called The Ring Of Steel. When he refuses, his girlfriend is kidnapped so he's forced to fight.

If you read the back of the Video/DVD cover and some of the dialogue, it makes it sound like it it's a bloody fight to death kind of movie however apart the beginning and one fight in the Ring Of Steel, there's hardly any blood and deaths. So it's unlike American Samurai or Gladiator Cop.

Robert Chapin stars and wrote this film and you can tell it's a passion project for him and the sword fights are very well done. Apparently the script was originally darker but got changed by the production company who bought the rights. I believe it was Colombia Pictures who released it in the UK.

This was the very 1st DVD I bought and it's a very entertaining movie, it was let down by the description on the cover. This also stars Darlene Vogel, who was a star in the 1998 U.S. Police Show Pacific Blue (Police officers on bikes, Channel 5 showed on Saturday Evenings)

Innerspace
Dennis Quaid is a Test Pilot who is shrunk and under circumstances beyond the control of the scientists in charge, is injected into hypochondriac Martin Short, soon arms dealers start chasing them. This is you're quint essential
80's Sci-Fi/Comedy film from Joe Dante and it's still a lot of fun.

I remember watching it on my TV when it came on BBC 1 for it's Network Television premier (Back then most people only had 4 channels), the Saturday before Christmas and recorded it as well. I must have watched it many times. If I remember correctly, this was one of the big films that was on TV over that Christmas.

Fatal Beauty

Whoopi Goldberg is a Detective investigated drug related deaths, Sam Elliott co-stars. I had this DVD for a while but never got round to watching it as something else came along. One of the advantages of lockdown is the fact, I can catch up the films, I've not had the opportunity of watch. It's not bad but it's another one of those films that was probably better back in the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ros.jpg (11.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg i.jpg (12.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg fb.jpg (12.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 11th April 2020, 10:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I watched The Mandalorian episode 5 and afterwards The Sword in The Stone was recommended its been years since i seen it so i thought why not.

I loved these old classic Disney animated films growing up. The animation is beautiful the characters are funny and likeable. The voice acting is spot and and the music works perfectly in every scene. So many fond memories coming back watching this.

I found it funny that there was a little warning at the start saying tobacco use depicted
Pretty sure Disney have plans to turn it into a live action film
Old 11th April 2020, 10:19 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Pretty sure Disney have plans to turn it into a live action film
I was reading yesterday that they are doing the same with their version of Robin Hood.
Old 11th April 2020, 10:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'm still trying to figure out why Demoncrat posted a track by German metal band Gamma Ray at the end of one of his film reviews.
Old 11th April 2020, 10:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Children of the Night (2014)

Aka Limbo. Intriguing and unique vampire movie from Argentina about a colony of child vampires headed by a relative of Dracula who have all been turned by adult vampires and basically rounded up by a religious former nurse and taken to a safe place where they can grow and 'feed' in peace.

A highly atmospheric film that unfortunately had a brilliant central scenario and then either lacked the script or budget to take it to that next level. It's certainly original in concept and has a suitably bloody finale but the middle seemed to go quite flat.

One of those films where it may well improve dramatically on rewatch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 235801-children-of-the-night-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg (42.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 11th April 2020, 10:45 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why Demoncrat posted a track by German metal band Gamma Ray at the end of one of his film reviews.
Because the film he reviewed was about a man on a mission

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!