All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2020, 10:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
The house where Evil dwells,has a fairly interesting premise. Samurai catches wife having an affair, samurai kills wife and lover,go forward a few hundred years to an American family moving into the house where the murders occurred. Condemned by bad karma the ghosts now inhabit the house and intended to haunt any one who dares occupy the premises. Susan George and husband Edward Albert,move into the house,and are soon experiencing some ghostly shenanigans, although it's mostly Susan George being egged on to having an affair with hairy chested actor Doug McClure.And while I get the impression we are meant to take it seriously,the scenes where the ghosts just seem to hang about watching the family and sometimes possess somebody by walking through them,are so mundane and pedestrian that they fail to raise any scares or suspense. Speaking of thing's raising we do get a topless scene with Susan George, but apart from this, the director Kevin Connor doesn't manage to illicit anything more than boredom...

The first time I watched this I fell asleep

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th April 2020, 11:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Last Broadcast. 1998.

A crew from the t.v. show Fact or Fiction travel to the the Pine Barrens woods in search of the Jersey Devil, only one makes it out alive.

Filmed like something that would come out as a police forensic file show with narration over it and describing the police case, this was quite interesting on the legend of the Jersey Devil and these guys go looking for it. Filmed in a way of The Blair Witch Project that came out not long after this film's released. It was intriguing and asking a psychic if he is a psychic or psycho, only downside to this was the ending that's left me disappointed and a case of WTF.
Old 12th April 2020, 11:53 PM
Active Cultist

20200411_202756.jpg

Almost Human

Thomas Millan acting its always something fun to watch - entertaining flick, quiet violent, and Henry Silva always looks a bad ass, even playing the good guy.

Toolbox Murders

Couple of years back, I watched the remake directed by Tobe Hooper, and was bad - this one unfortunately it's not better, starts in a good pace, but after that is a snooze fest.

The Fog

It's Carpenter - Nuff said

Symptoms

I have mixed feelings about this one, the gothic feeling it's quiet good, Angela Pleasence it's a pleasure to watch, but maybe too slow for my taste, needs a re watch.

Venom

Black mamba it's a bad ass
Old 13th April 2020, 02:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Worm Eaters. 1977.

The Local hermit of a town is run off his property and in revenge he plants mutated worms in people's food and the people are transformed into giant worms.

I saw the trailer for this on a Grindhouse trailers dvd and didn't think it actually existed but when you are at work bored shitless you would watch anything for time to go by quick. You can tell is a low budget B movie with some real bad acting, a spoilt teen filing her nails while trying to pose and act at the same time doesn't work. It can be disgusting and maybe offensive to some and yes you do see alot of worm eating. Not to say i didn't like it..but i didn't hate it.
Old 13th April 2020, 10:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Empire of the Ants (1977)

I always feel that if you're going to dump radioactive waste illegally,then perhaps you should not advertise the fact by writing Radioactive Waste in big red letters. Also anyone stupid enough to open a drum of radiation, probably couldn't read the signs saying do not open. It's like writing do not drink on a bottle of bleach,I think it's called natural selection. Which is pretty much what the ants in Empire of the Ants have in mind, basically to giant ants, humans are either food or cheap labour, sounds like real Life to me, well apart from the giant ants bit..Joan Collins and her seedy sidekick Charlie are trying to sell some worthless seaside real estate to a bunch of loser's who couldn't afford the bus ticket home let alone a house..Bert I Gordon delivers schlocky monster mayhem but in the style of a TV movie,but it does bring back those halcyon days of the 1950s giant monster flicks but with a twist of 1970s grindhouse and polyester flairs for good measure.. Probably not as much fun as say Food of the god's, but there's something satisfyingly about seeing Joan Collins harassed by insects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ants_Empire_Of_Movie_Poster.jpg (101.3 KB, 5 views)

Old 13th April 2020, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wheelman, one of those films where they try to have the film from one view and perspective like buried, 99% of the film is seen from inside And around the car.
A getaway driver receives a call that tells him to dump the robbers once they put the money in boot because they've been instructed to kill him, he then realised he been doubled crossed so it's a race against time to find out why.
Plenty going on and action to keep you satisfied.
Old 13th April 2020, 11:33 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Evil Dead (1981)

Book of the dead, pages bound in human flesh
Feasting the beast, from the blood the words were said
I am unseen, dream't the sacred passage aloud
Trapped in a dream of the Necronomicon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evil_dead_ver1.jpg (30.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 13th April 2020, 03:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Last Broadcast. 1998.

A crew from the t.v. show Fact or Fiction travel to the the Pine Barrens woods in search of the Jersey Devil, only one makes it out alive.

Filmed like something that would come out as a police forensic file show with narration over it and describing the police case, this was quite interesting on the legend of the Jersey Devil and these guys go looking for it. Filmed in a way of The Blair Witch Project that came out not long after this film's released. It was intriguing and asking a psychic if he is a psychic or psycho, only downside to this was the ending that's left me disappointed and a case of WTF.
I truly think it's better than TBWP ... until that bloody ending. Grrrr.
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th April 2020, 03:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
I truly think it's better than TBWP ... until that bloody ending. Grrrr.
It had me intrigued, well F**ked up ending though.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th April 2020, 04:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wheels of Fire. 1985.

In a post apocalyptic world, a band of gang called the highway warriors conquering the wasteland of murder, during a raid they kidnap the sister of a warrior called Trace who seeks revenge.

This was a total cheesy rip off from Mad Max 2, the acting wasn't great but not terrible, Playboy mate Lynda Wiesmeier spends half her time topless and even tied to the bonnet of a car as a new hood ornament. Gary Watkins takes the lead as the hero Trace, who seems to be pushed to limit when his friend and sister are ambushed. Joe Mari Avellana (credited as Joseph Anderson) plays the leader of the highway warriors who is sadistic and ruthless and does the part well, may not be everyone's cup of tea but was a laugh.

MV5BMGY1NTAzNTgtNTY4My00YTc3LWFjZDYtMTgxMjA1NTE0ZDMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzMzMjU5NDY@._V1_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!