Dont bother.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th April 2020, 06:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 223723
SATURN 3 (1980)

At an experimental food station ran by two people on Saturn 3, the unhinged Capt. Benson arrives with new robot 'Hector'. Benson patches in to 'Hector' via brain link.
Hector learns all about Benson through this link and so takes on his murderous nature and the lust for Saturn 3 worker Alex..

This movie does take a lot of flack. A lot of that due to what was going on behind the scenes. Looks like a lot was cut out and re-assembled. So much so that much of the music score as well was re-assembled or now missing altogether.
The inside of the station looks good due to John Barry who was production designer on Star Wars and Superman. I think the scenes with 'Hector' are great and the music that accompanies him is very sinister.
Awesome movie!!!!!

$aw it on tv when i was a kid....boobies!! And killer robot....

So bought the german steelbook!!!

Still great but very camp after a few years....

Basically, great!
Old 14th April 2020, 06:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, I have an attachment to it myself.
A lot of nostalgia there for me. I remember when it came out among all the sci-fi films that were coming out or had been out. Mags like Starburst at that time were awesome.
Old 14th April 2020, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Grim Prairie Tales. 1990.

Two strangers, one a clerk the other a bounty hunter, meet up at a small camp fire and tell each other tales.

1. A man disturbs a Indian burial ground which angers the god.

2. A stranger tries to help a pregnant woman who has something else on her mind.

3. A lynch mob coerce a man to help them.

4. Gunslinger who has never lot a duel believes he is being tormented by a victim.

This is horror western story telling by two men Brad Dourif and James Earl Jones who try to come up with the best horror story, pitting their wits with imaginary tales. The story's are well done and brilliantly acted and never get boring just more interesting, don't expect these to be blood curling, more supernatural and psychological that's well written and directed. The dark light round the campfire gives off it's atmospheric look. Recommended.

MV5BNzQzMzUwNzQzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjY1NTMyMQ@@._V1_.jpg
Old 14th April 2020, 07:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Iceman Cometh (1973, John Frankenheimer)

Want to spend 4 hours in the company of some drunks? Without venturing outside?
Eugene O'Neill's sobering play brought to life with a cast to die for. The best acting I've seen since flip knows when. A bar cum flophouse hosts what seems to be the flotsam and jetsam of New Yoik. Think again. Lee Marvin appears as the bringer of good tidings, just not the ones these barflies were hoping!
The PQ wildly varies, so it must have been wildly edited down to at least half its length at the time. Michty!
Recommended. Now I'm off to find some crappy FFer to come down with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I.jpg (92.3 KB, 4 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th April 2020, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Found one Hindi to boot!

Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th April 2020, 09:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Jumanji: The Next Level, 31 & Cobra

Jumanji: The Next Level

The teens from the remake get sucked back into the game along with Danny DeVito and Danny Glover. Just really more of the same, to be honest I got bored half way through. Hopefully the credit scene at the end hints at maybe a change in the storyline for the possible 3rd film.

Rob Zombie film where 5 Carnival workers are abducted and forced to survive against killers hunting them whilst Malcom McDowell and a couple of old ladies bet on their likely survival. I think that this is Rob Zombie's best film. It's nasty, gory, just what you want for this type of movie.

Cobra

Sylvester Stallone actioner where he's protecting a witness from a group of murderous psychos. Wondering if Stallone was trying to get his 3rd franchise of the 80's. Not bad but not one of his more memorable either. Love the old school Warner Bros VHS Rental covers in the earlier to mid 80's (The ones where the picture on the front is surrounded with the black bars)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jtnl.jpg (11.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 31.jpg (12.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (13.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 14th April 2020, 10:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Last Castle (2001)

I love this prison set movie. The fact it's a military prison gives director Rod Lurie's movie a different dimension to other's in the genre.

Sure it's slightly let down by a bit of American flag waving at the very end but the movie on the whole is brilliant escapist fun. Robert Redford is great as a Lieutenant General, heavily decorated and respected but sent down for disobeying orders in the field causing casualties among his men, and the late James Gandolfini is at his slimiest as the Colonel who runs the prison under his strict regime. Obviously the two come into conflict, beginning at their very first meeting and the scenario escalates from there on. The two in reality manipulating everyone they can to gain the upper hand and control the castle, er' prison. There's also a nice supporting role for a pre-Hulk Mark Ruffalo.

The film is pacy and rousing and although cliched in places we want those cliches as they are the corner stones of prison movies. It also has a lot to say about the honour among soldiers and the honour among men as well as corruption and jealousy.

There is a lot of excellent stunt and action work at the finale which gives this involving movie a fiery and exciting send off. Purists will hate me for saying this but as far as prison movies go i'd rather watch this or Escape from Alcatraz over The Shawshank Redemption any day of the week.
Old 14th April 2020, 10:51 PM
Active Cultist

The devil, following in the footsteps of Christ, decides to become flesh and take a stroll around Earth to see how humans have progressed, and have a little fun creating havoc and mayhem in the process.

I bought this blu ray from Mundo Macabro maybe two years ago (?) tbh I don't recall it any more. Anyway this is a very personal movie for Naschy (following his interview available in the blu ray) very straight forward, doesn't hold any barriers it's a straight forward criticism to us all, human beings - Recommend

A toxic spill revives a beautiful, dead heiress who, with the help of her childhood friend, must quench her insatiable thirst for blood.

I like Jean Rollin movies, but when I was watching this movie I thought to myself - he was the luckiest director ever lived in this world - he does the same story over and over again - change the actress (1st reason to be lucky he always find beatiful girls) always great locations (2nd reason to be lucky), gives the viewer a nudity and gore and it's done.

Not his best work, but his "talent" is there - for fans only.
Old 14th April 2020, 11:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ricky 6. 2000.

A 16 year old teen dwells deep into a drug addiction and satanism which ends up leading to a murder of another teenager.

Based on the true story of Ricky Kasso who believed he found Satan and worshiped him, and his slow decent into paranoia with his drug addiction leads him to kill someone in 1984. Peter Filadi goes into depths with this showing how schizophrenia wasn't addressed properly or having the right treatment along with a relapse of drugs and seeing how both can be a bad effect on the brain. Vincent Kartheiser plays the troubled teen Ricky pretty well, some scenes may be disturbing or upsetting to some, but certainly worth a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MV5BMjEzOTE0NzI1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDU4NDU3._V1_.jpg (67.2 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!