Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2020, 11:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed. "A small Guiness will suffice .... " Rewatch.

You ready then?

Fit To Kill (Andy Sidaris)

How apt that my other favourite Andy is mentioned on this page. How apt that they are so similar, ploughing wildly different furroughs natch. This time the L.E.T.H.A.L. ladies spend their time hunting a diet Roger Rees, whilst trying to recover Nazi plunder. Yes, there's the prerequisite sex, BOOBS, the token song, yadda yadda. You knows whats to expects. It did seem a tiny bit perfunctory, but there is still a bunch to salivate/die of laughter of over (delete as appropriate). Too drunk to write anymore, but check that poster , you know you wants it .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F.jpg (103.1 KB, 4 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th April 2020, 08:39 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
American Werewolf has one of my all-time favourite lines, from Woodvine:
"If there was some kind of monster roaming about the Yorkshire moors, I'm sure we'd have seen it on the telly."
Silly, I know, but my favourite line is delivered by a small boy.

Old 16th April 2020, 09:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Silly, I know, but my favourite line is delivered by a small boy.

I was just about to post this! haha.

Also, the legendary line "You. Made. Me. Miss."
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 16th April 2020, 10:00 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
I was just about to post this! haha.

Also, the legendary line "You. Made. Me. Miss."
It's worth watching this little clip only to see Rik Mayall with his only line in the film!

Old 16th April 2020, 05:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Hallowed Ground (2007)

Decent if unspectacular supernatural / slasher horror film that will have you thinking of films such as Scarecrows and Children of the Corn, except here it's the towns people who are the villains rather than the kids.

Reasonable production values, good locations and a better cast than you normally get in this sort of thing (Jaimie Alexander, Nick Chinlund, Xena's Hudson (Calisto) Leick and Chloe Grace Moretz) make it a decent time waster.

If like me you are a sucker for these sort of American folk horrors then Hallowed Ground may well be worth watching. I think this was my fourth viewing of the movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51iM7o8YOML._AC_SY400_ML2_.jpg (36.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 16th April 2020, 05:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

3_the-monster-of-piedras-blancas-half-sheet-1959.jpg
THE MONSTER OF PIEDRAS BLANCAS (1959)

A lighthouse keeper has a secret. He has been feeding a creature from a cave by the sea.
When the creature tires of the scraps left, it heads out leaving a trail of headless bodies..

Decent creature feature. A good looking monster which used some costume parts from 'This Island Earth' and 'The Mole People'. Some quick gruesome scenes involving severed heads.
Good fun.

Old 16th April 2020, 08:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Godfather Trilogy

Great movies, even Part 3 which for some reason comes in for a bit of a panning! The only problem was with Part 2, I found the back and forth nature of both Michael and Vito's story a little annoying. The old 'Epic' mini-series of parts 1 and 2 was told in a more linear fashion.
Old 16th April 2020, 09:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Just Friends & The Principle

Just Friends

Comedy staring Ryan Reynolds where he confesses his love to Amy Smart which isn't reciprocated. 10 years later, he returns home along with neurotic singer Anna Faris and tries again. Only this time he has to battle former geek Chris Klein for her affections. Still funny with Faris being the star of the show.

The Principle

James Belushi stars in this 1987 film where he's promoted to the role of Principle of a lawless High School. Along with Lou Gossett JR, he turns things around whilst making enemies of a drug gang. Whilst full of the usual clichés, it's one of those films that when you watch it (After a while) you realize it's still a good movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jf.jpg (11.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg tp.jpg (13.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 16th April 2020, 09:53 PM
Active Cultist

A mute boy stumbles upon a teenage girl kidnapped and buried alive by three young psychopathic criminals who want to extort diamonds from her rich stepfather, but can he help her?

Wow! This movies could only be made in the 70's , full of twists with an amazing ending , Recommend 100% - I don't really care about slipcovers but this one from VS it's beautiful

Strange occurrences plague a small town detective and his family as he investigates the disappearance of a young boy.

Some movies are better watched without knowing about them - I stumble on this one I don't remember how any more.. but anyway from the poster looked like another ghost/spirit movie, the first 20 minutes of the movie I was already bored, after a while it started to warm up a little and around the 3rd act (50minutes of the movie) I was all in! Nice thriller with a couple of nice surprises, but bigger surprise was seeing the wax doll of Helen Hunt acting
Old 16th April 2020, 10:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Non-Stop (2014)

Director Jaume Collet-Serra and star Liam Neeson team up for their second of four films together.

Collet-Serra ratchets up the knuckle whitening tension in this at times ludicrous thriller whilst Neeson growls at anyone who gets in his way.

There's everything you could want from an airplane thriller in Non-Stop including bullets, Julianne Moore, ransoms, bombs and Michelle Dockery, sadly no snakes though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Non_Stop_6Sheet-518x777.jpg (77.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 16th April 2020 at 10:20 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!