LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2020, 12:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't seen it and am in no rush to.
You should. (If you want to torture yourself )

It's probably a good example of how they'd have made the original Blair Witch Project nowadays. Unsubtle and not a patch on the atmospheric film from 1999.
Old 29th April 2020, 03:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think I lasted less than half an hour watching Blair Witch, if it’s free to watch somewhere I might give it another try

I’m one of the few people that actually liked Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 when I saw it at the cinema and bought the DVD on release, I’ve watched it a few times now
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th April 2020, 03:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I think I lasted less than half an hour watching Blair Witch, if it’s free to watch somewhere I might give it another try

I’m one of the few people that actually liked Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 when I saw it at the cinema and bought the DVD on release, I’ve watched it a few times now
Me too. Like the soundtrack as well. Did your dvd have the soundtrack cd with it?
Old 29th April 2020, 03:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Me too. Like the soundtrack as well. Did your dvd have the soundtrack cd with it?
No, the second disc just has a pair of documentaries and cast & crew interviews. I’ve got the soundtrack playlist saved in my Spotify though, some great tracks on there
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th April 2020, 03:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
No, the second disc just has a pair of documentaries and cast & crew interviews. I’ve got the soundtrack playlist saved in my Spotify though, some great tracks on there
I'd forgotten. I bought the US disc.
Rik likes this.
Old 29th April 2020, 04:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Circus Of Fear Poster.jpg
CIRCUS OF FEAR (1966)

After a car is robbed on Tower Bridge, one of the gang is killed by a throwing knife in a building surrounded by circus items.
Later, circus performer Drago (Christopher Lee) is hiding a trunk of money under the lion cages..

The posters give the impression that this is a horror film but really it is just a crime drama with some throwing knife deaths.
Plenty of red herrings in the mix in the rather convoluted plot.
Good to see the exterior of Bray Studios in a brief scene.
Old 29th April 2020, 06:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

King of the zombies. 1941.

Three travelers become stranded on a island find a doctor who is doing voodoo rituals and able control zombies.

Something of a old spooky comedy horror that has it's thrills and chills centered on a Caribbean for covered island. The plot might be a bit daft but who cares, films like this from the 40s era seemed to be like this and always be entertaining. Dick Purcell, and John Archer play the travelers along side Mantan Moreland who plays the valet and provides most of the comedy and Henry Victor as the sinister doctor on the island. Entertaining and worth a watch.

MV5BZWYwMTlmNWMtNjI3Yi00OGQ3LWIxYTAtMGVjNjdhNDljNDdiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwNDcwNjk@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg
Old 29th April 2020, 09:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Terror (aka Delirium House). 1978.

A woman named Mad Dolly is condemned to burn at the stake for being a witch. 300 years later, a film crew make a movie of the witch and are slowly being stalked and killed by a unseen entity.

British horror by Norman J Warren who introduces a spooky house where a witch was burned and adding in a supernatural element with decent killings, the acting may not be great but it's not terrible and the killings to come in spaces and bloody. The effects created and used in this are a bit out dated, not sure if Warren was trying to re-create what other directors have done in the ways of the killings but only on a lower budget that didn't pan out well. Best going into this one with a open mind.

MV5BYWE3NzRiZTMtZDk1OC00YjRjLWIwNDUtYzI5Mzk2YWU0MzEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY1000_SX10.jpg
Old 29th April 2020, 10:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Ghoulies 2, Spotlight & Red Corner

Ghoulies 2

The Ghoulies hide in a Haunted House which suddenly becomes popular however some of the customers and staff become victims. Not a bad way to spend 90 minutes. Better F/X than CGI.

Spotlight

Oscar Winning true story of a newspaper's mission to expose child abuse and cover up from The Church. Powerful stuff with great performances from the all star cast.

Red Corner

Richard Gere is an American Businessman in China framed for Murder of a woman. He is put on trial with only a Public Defender helping him. Another film which I liked when I 1st saw it and even though I had forgotten what happened mostly, it is still riveting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g2.jpg (14.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg s.jpg (15.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg rc.jpg (11.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 30th April 2020, 08:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

OIP.jpg
SPASMO (1974)

After finding a woman lying on a beach he believes is dead, Christian's life is turned upside down when he is attacked in a motel room while with the woman (Suzy Kendall). Who is the man who attacked him and how has the attackers dead body now disappeared? And what are the mannequins hanging in the trees with knives stuck in them?

Questions, questions in this movie where nothing seems to make sense until the end. Rather slow moving but you have to keep watching to figure it all out. Still, enjoyable and anything with Susy Kendall is worth a look.

Like this? Share it using the links below!