All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2010, 08:40 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Trust me you dont want to see COTC remake its dire
almost identical and scene from scene. most of the acting is wooden and cardboard as 4 the kid who plays isac he terrible not even remotly frightning or convincing 1 bit dont waste you time
Very very poor in many ways
Cheers for the heads up. It's very likely I will check it out at some point. Like many people, as soon as someone says 'dont watch it' it makes it more likely that I will!!

Watched 'Chanbara Beauty' last night - really lazy Japanese video game cash in. Pretty terrible - even when judging it next to other modern, cheap zombie films that have pixelated CGI blood spray and no care or attention paid to anything else.
Old 11th July 2010, 05:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

So far today,I've watched;
3 Episodes of Callan
HARRY BROWN BLU RAY (Again!)
DEATH SENTENCE BLU RAY

May well end of the day with EDEN LAKE Blu Ray to complete a day of violenza!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th July 2010, 08:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Watched
Torso Loved this! Some of the FX are a bit rough(the dude's head getting hit by the car was quite funny) but in all I enjoyed it. Also enjoyd the over the top nudity, added to the atmosphere.

Alice in wonderland BD Think I need to watch this again as it was very 'meh'. Didn't help I suppose with the kids asking me questions every 2 minutes.

The lovely bones BD Really enjoyed this, didn't think I would but it had some fantastic scenes in it and didn't give in to the cliche'd ending I was expecting.
Looked amazing on BD by the way
Old 11th July 2010, 11:09 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I just watched both the hard revenge milly films. The first is only 40 mins and is a simple revenge tale set in post apcolyptic japan. Milly wants revenge for the death of her family in a brutal attack that left here vitually dead. Lucky for her a doctor is able to save her and turn her into a cyborg with a shot gun leg.

Its a bit slow at times but the action is bloody and well executed and despite a low budget the film looks really good.

The second film runs a bit longer and continues Millys story. A woman comes to ask if Milly can help her get revenge for her killed lover. There is loads more gore and bloody violence in the seond film and imho it is shot with some real style.

The best thing about the both of them is that there is little to no cgi. All of the blood and guts are pratical unlike alot of other recent Japanese films I've seen.

If you like stylishly shot blood and gore (though its not quite Tokyo Gore Police or Braindead gory, but what is?) with a simple but effective plot then you can do a lot worse than Hard Revenge Milly and Hard Revenge Milly: Bloody Battle.
Old 12th July 2010, 01:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Right.....I just seen A Serbian Film
This movie is seriously messed up, gotta give it to the director as he has balls.
Its not quite as in your face as say Guinea Pig or August Underground but it is still shocking in one or two scenes. I have heard a lot of people say this movie is the most disturbing film they have seen. I would not go that far but it has its moments. Especially towards the end. Those of you who have not heard anything it contains the following:

* new born baby been raped (although the baby is quite fake looking and if he did not pull his pants down you would have no idea what he was going because of the camera angle)

* woman who's teeth been pulled out has a penis shoved down her throat till she suffocates

* guy having sex with a woman while he been made to hit her and then chop her head off

* guy having anal sex with 2 people lying faced down covered faces and then he finds out he has raped his wife and young son as they were the ones he was raping.

Now I dont know what to make of it but one things for sure, London's Frightfest will be the only place to see this uncut in the UK as with the sexual violence and scene with a young girl watching as guy gets sucked off would not do down well with the BBFC . Not so sure if they would cut or ban it, be interesting to see what happens.

Everyone needs to see this though. Ending is kinda too.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Last edited by nekromantik; 12th July 2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12th July 2010, 07:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I watched The Losers (2010) on Friday night. Entertaining but the movie felt like the writers didn't know what genre, or even sub-genre, to put it in. It's not a mega budget movie so the CGI shows up quite a bit, which is distracting. I like a good old fashioned fireball explosion not one ehanced with a digital paintbrush.

I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan but he mumbled his way through this role more than normal. Chris Evans was good again, and soon to be in The First Avenger: Captain America. I do hope they shorten that title.
Old 12th July 2010, 04:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Watched
Torso Loved this! Some of the FX are a bit rough(the dude's head getting hit by the car was quite funny) but in all I enjoyed it. Also enjoyd the over the top nudity, added to the atmosphere.
After you comment I decided to put the Torso DVD in today .. you are right about the FX being a little ropey! They look either papier-mache or wax ... well amusing. I don't remember them looking that bad ... but as you say, they add to the character of the film. Martino certainly likes to parade his nude ladies! The film isn't the greatest Giallo, but the last quarter really cranks up the atmosphere!

Old 12th July 2010, 04:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Had a visit to Tesco today and they were giving demos of the new 3D TVs. Has anyone had a try yet? I was rather impressed with the 3D effect through the shutter glasses. However if you move your vision away from the screen and look at something else, the shuttering effect kinda made me feel a little sick! After a few minutes watching, I took the specs off and carried on shopping and feel well and truely nauseous! Hmm, didn't feel like this at the cinema, so I am not sure if I will get used to the shutter glasses. Oh and each lense takes a CR2032 button battery that apparantly runs down real quick! Hmmmm wadda ya all think??

Old 12th July 2010, 06:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
After you comment I decided to put the Torso DVD in today .. you are right about the FX being a little ropey! They look either papier-mache or wax ... well amusing. I don't remember them looking that bad ... but as you say, they add to the character of the film. Martino certainly likes to parade his nude ladies! The film isn't the greatest Giallo, but the last quarter really cranks up the atmosphere!

I'm pretty sure that those cheapo FX weren't in the original cut of the film but were initially reinstated for the Anchor Bay US DVD release and has since become the version everyone is familiar with. For once, this is an instance where perhaps the deleted footage should have remained deleted. I think it would have been better to have tham as an extra feature as deleted scenes.
Old 12th July 2010, 06:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I'm pretty sure that those cheapo FX weren't in the original cut of the film but were initially reinstated for the Anchor Bay US DVD release and has since become the version everyone is familiar with. For once, this is an instance where perhaps the deleted footage should have remained deleted. I think it would have been better to have tham as an extra feature as deleted scenes.
Oh good Lord D ... don't sound much like you mate

The FX are a bit grim, but had me chuckling along.

Like this? Share it using the links below!