Old 1st June 2020, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I really enjoyed Brightburn to be honest
I didn't dislike it, don't get me wrong. I liked the 'Young Superman as a horror film' concept and was surprised at how violent and gory it is. I also liked how it ended as it fit the tone and content of the film.

I was less convinced by the title and the slightly chaotic storytelling – it was a film where I was never sure on the interpersonal relationships and some characters' motivations. The whole thing felt a bit half told and underdeveloped, like a film which needs a sequel and is unlikely to get one.
Old 1st June 2020, 06:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Blood & Flesh: The Reel Life & Ghastly Death of Al Adamson

What ever you may think of Al Adamson,and let's be honest most people don't think a hell of alot of his movies,he certainly had an interesting if a little cut short life.. Although it seems that to be a low budget film director, especially if you are from the USA,they tend to be a little eccentric to say the least..And Al Adamson was certainly no different on that score. To most people an Al Adamson movie is like some sort of test of endurance,an to be fair even his fans would find some of his movies a test of there patience..But amazingly this documentary on his life and film making career,and his unfortunate murder,is not only a great documentary but it may even make you appreciate some of Al's work....(although I won't hold my breath)... Anybody familiar with Adamson film's, knows how diverse his films were,and he worked with some amazing actor's,and a couple of his director of photography went on to do major films...It has to be said that the story of his life is a lot more entertaining than many of his movies,but it does give you a new appreciation of his career..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BFBLU-500x592-1.jpg (83.9 KB, 6 views)

Old 1st June 2020, 07:20 PM
Cult Veteran

I've got Blood & Flesh to watch and I'm really excited. I've never seen an Al Adamson film, but if I had the £200 to spare I'd be buying that box set right away!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st June 2020, 09:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Riot, G*st*p*'s Last O**y & Gone In 60 Seconds

Riot

Another P/M Entertainment Group Actioner in which Gary Daniels is sent into a no man's land when his ex-fiancé is kidnapped during a riot. He assisted by Sugar Ray Lenard. Not a bad little movie but drags on at the end when a new bunch of villains turn up negating the original ones.

G*st*p*o's Last O**y

Apologies regarding the self-censorship. I wasn't sure on the rules regarding offensive film titles.

One of the more notorious Video Nasties in which show the torture and degradation of female prisoners in a Nazi Concentration Camp. Told as a flashback as a former prisoner seduces her main captor, we find out why. It has disturbing scenes to say the least but it's more stylish than the other films in it's genre. Like how Cannibal Holocaust is seen as the best in the Cannibal genre.

Very unlikely it's going to get passed uncut by The BBFC, it's this film along with Snuff that are the more famous Video Nasties yet to receive a UK release (Even though I believe that Snuff was going to be released but didn't)

Gone In 60 Seconds

Nicholas Cage is the car thief bought back into retirement in order to save his brother who failed to steal enough cars. For me it's another of one of those great switch of your brain, relax and enjoy kind of films.

Can't believe it's 20 years old. Seriously where did all the time go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r.jpg (10.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg glo.jpg (12.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg giss.jpg (13.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 1st June 2020, 09:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Riot

Another P/M Entertainment Group Actioner in which Gary Daniels is sent into a no man's land when his ex-fiancé is kidnapped during a riot. He assisted by Sugar Ray Lenard. Not a bad little movie but drags on at the end when a new bunch of villains turn up negating the original ones.

G*st*p*o's Last O**y

Apologies regarding the self-censorship. I wasn't sure on the rules regarding offensive film titles.

One of the more notorious Video Nasties in which show the torture and degradation of female prisoners in a Nazi Concentration Camp. Told as a flashback as a former prisoner seduces her main captor, we find out why. It has disturbing scenes to say the least but it's more stylish than the other films in it's genre. Like how Cannibal Holocaust is seen as the best in the Cannibal genre.

Very unlikely it's going to get passed uncut by The BBFC, it's this film along with Snuff that are the more famous Video Nasties yet to receive a UK release (Even though I believe that Snuff was going to be released but didn't)

Gone In 60 Seconds

Nicholas Cage is the car thief bought back into retirement in order to save his brother who failed to steal enough cars. For me it's another of one of those great switch of your brain, relax and enjoy kind of films.

Can't believe it's 20 years old. Seriously where did all the time go.
I doubt you'll need to censor it, if it was **** (the f word) then it would automatically do it but gestapo and orgy should be fine

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 1st June 2020, 09:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

@Mr. Rope.

As Shaun says, no need to censor titles (Unless it's M***ey and Me or The L*st B*Ys )

The site itself censors the words it deems offensive such as ****, **** and W*ll Fe**ell.
Old 1st June 2020, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another carry on , the usual gang are joined by Frankie Howard . This time the mad going ons take place in a hospital , which is run with iron fist by Matron and Doctor Tinkle. We follow various patients and likable yet clumsy Doctor Killmore whom Tinkle and matron have it for. 7/10

The dynamic duo of horror team up once again in this amicus tale of two collectors ( Cushing and Lee) of supernatural / evil artefacts . When Cushing receives the skull of the marques de Shade, he ignores the warnings it's possessed and evil befall's those who possess it. 7/10

Now watching Doctor Bloods coffin.
Old 1st June 2020, 10:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Magnum Force (1973)

A classic seventies crime thriller starring Clint Eastwood as the cool as f*ck Harry Callahan.

A good story, a classy Lalo Schifrin acid jazz score, unflinching violence, superb San Francisco location filming and Eastwood as laconic as ever.

Magnum Force could, especially with it's plotline, easily be reviewed with just two simple words - Maniac Cop!

Happy 90th Clint. Hope you had a good one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51ZoOBw1tzL._AC_SY450_.jpg (27.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 2nd June 2020, 07:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

The-vampire-doll-poster.jpg
VAMPIRE DOLL (1970)

Great Japanese horror. Nice creepy atmosphere and locations with a Hammer Horror vibe. Had not seen this movie in a while and really glad I dug it out again.

Vamp_Doll_Header_1200_508_81_s.jpg
Old 2nd June 2020, 07:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hercules. 1983.

King Minos and sorceress Adriana plan to conquer the world while Hercules plans to rescue Cassiopeia with the help of a sorceress Circe.

This was not the best movie to feature the Greek mythological figure, but wasn't that bad to not enjoy it, another mish mash film by the Cannon studio starring Lou Ferringo as Hercules orphaned as a baby and grew up to be a strong man. There is some visual effects that seem outdated and cheaply done, there is some assortment of known actors in this that all seem to be dubbed over. Good for the laughs.

MV5BMTY0MTMzNjk2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ1OTA0NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!