Like Tree178798Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd June 2020, 10:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker.

Starts of with an omenesque deadly accident,when a couple leave there son Billy with auntie,and go off on holiday.Unfortuneately some one forgot to check there brakes on the car,and no sooner are they off,than they have crashed into a truck carrying telegraph poles and the driver is beheaded,( in a rather Final Destination type way).
Fourteen years later Billy is on the basketball team,and looking to get a scholarship so he can leave home..And more to the point get away from his auntie,who is slightly. nucking futs... After murdering the television repair man, because he rejected her sexual advances (apparently he is the boyfriend of Billy's basketball coach) and gets stabbed in the neck for his troubles.. Where as A Nightmare On Elm Street part 2 sort of skirted around it's gay subtext (gym teacher into S & M) Nightmare Maker just comes right out with it in the form of Bo Stevenson as a homophobic detective,who basically accuses everyone of being gay,it seems easier to do that,than to actually find any evidence... Nightmare Maker has Susan Tyrrell as a possessive religious nutter who occasionally kills anyone who gets in the way of her obsession over her nephew Billy... Susan Tyrrell is superb as the nutty aunt,who has a rather unhealthy fixation on Jimmy McNichol as Billy...I thought this was a fun if bonkers Psycho drama that had a great slasher movie ending...
Keep meaning to pick this one up im gonna pick up the Spanish release when i have the funds. Is that the Code Red one ?
Old 3rd June 2020, 11:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Carry On England. 1976.

Captain S. Melly takes command of mixed sex experimental air base in 1940.

From some reviews online this seemed to be getting a bashing with it being rubbish and not the usual laughter, yet i found it to be a laugh as the other carry on films. Kenneth Connors takes lead role as Captain S. Melly alongside Windsor Davies. The laughs are short and spaced out but when the jokes come out only thing to do is not hold anything in and even the uncensored version with the "Fokker" joke and the "trousers and that's all" scenes is what makes it remembered to be a carry on film. Joan Sims, Peter Butterworth, Jack Douglas and Julian Holloway do return to the franchise in this.

MV5BODg2MzYwMDQ2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTQ1MzkwMzE@._V1_.jpg
Old 4th June 2020, 01:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Keep meaning to pick this one up im gonna pick up the Spanish release when i have the funds. Is that the Code Red one ?
Yeah that's the Code Red cover,...

Old 4th June 2020, 09:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

On eBay for £20 from Spain.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIGHT-WAR...cAAOSwhQpdmNTz
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 4th June 2020, 09:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

DayOfTheDead_quad_UK-1.jpg
DAY OF THE DEAD (1985)

I saw this at the cinema on it's release. I always loved it and it's a shame that it did not do so well after the roller coaster that was Dawn Of Dead.
It's appreciated more now the time has rolled on and that's good.
The first time I saw the gore effects on screen I was like.. WTF? Excellent.
Old 4th June 2020, 10:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

And he's back. Hide the silverware etc.

Invasion Of The Bee Girls (1973, Denis Sanders)

And where has this been all my life?
William Smith investigates sheningans at a facility with govenment ties. To say it contained the most batshit sequence outside of Franco's work in the same period is putting it mildly. SEE this one. RECOMMENDED.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I.jpg (48.6 KB, 2 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th June 2020, 11:30 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Friday the 13th Part 2. (1981)

Does it sound bizarre to find a movie like Friday the 13th Part 2 to be comfort viewing?

A movie where a killer wearing an old potato sack on his head savagely murders young people in the woods?

A movie where said masked killer keeps his mother's decapitated head in a candle lit shrine?

A movie in which a young man confined to a wheelchair has his head brutally split open with a machete?

A movie where a good cast of actors are actually given some character development allowing the viewer to care a bit about them meaning their eventual demise is all the more affecting?

Is all this really comfort viewing?

What kind of sick, twisted individual finds comfort in this?

Well, me as a matter of fact, as i'm sure some of you do too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F13+poster.jpg (89.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 4th June 2020, 12:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Does it sound bizarre to find a movie like Friday the 13th Part 2 to be comfort viewing?
No, not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What kind of sick, twisted individual finds comfort in this?
You do, and so do I.
Old 4th June 2020, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Dragons Forever. 1988.

A team of lawyers are hired by a chemical plant owner in order to eliminate the opposition with rumors of water pollution caused by the plant and decide to see who the real enemy is.

This was your typical action/comedy from Hong Kong from Sammo Hung (starred and Directed) along with Yuen Biao and Jackie Chan who seem at odds with each other. The fight scenes are always great to watch and Jackie doing his own stunts with a ceiling fan in this one, Benny Urquidez has a small role towards the end with his style of fighting. Sadly this was the last film to appear Sammo, Yuen and Jackie together and very underated movie that was given a decent release..Bring out Project A and Wheels on Meals someone. Recommended.

Attachment 224993
These are both out along with Police Story on fantastic releases from Eureka!
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th June 2020, 03:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Night Killer (1990, "Clyde Anderson" )

A serial killer stalks a woman.
Don't all slip into a coma. Massively entertaining in that Fragasso fashion, so if you knows the score, line right up, otherwise stick with Arid Aster
The usual warped logic applies. The detective is a gem of a performance etc. I cannot wait to watch this one again. Recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg N.jpg (98.3 KB, 3 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!