Like Tree179043Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th June 2020, 09:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Ok this got a savaging by the critics and was a huge flop, but I've always enjoyed it, it has some great set pieces and fights and some good acting from the Japanese cast. 7/10
I'm afraid i've got to side with the critics. I thought 47 Ronin was awful.

Still, you can't win em' all.
Old 30th June 2020, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Goatman Murders (2011)

A group of friends end up stuck in the wilds of Maryland and fall victim to the legendary Goatman.

This was my first revisit to this legendary movie. It's terrible, but in a good way. Think Don't Go in the Woods but possibly more inept. However it's as gory as hell and the ten dollar budget clearly went on offal and pigs blood for the practical FX mayhem.

The film has two scenes which stand out. One because it's stupidly funny. I mean who can't piss their sides when the camera zooms in, Jess Franco style, on a ginger haired lad taking a leak in the woods and we see a tiny pink prosthetic cock set loose from a thicket of ginger pubes that Lina Romay would kill for. I'm laughing to myself typing about it.

Then there's the school bus slaughter fest. But it ain't no normal school bus populated by jocks and cheerleaders, no it's a school bus for a school for the blind. It's outrageous, it's as un-PC as you can get and it's five whole minutes of mutilation and murder. Terrific stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L_101films024.jpg (29.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 30th June 2020, 10:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Hunt.

12 people wake up in a field, gagged and confused until they realize they are to be hunted for sport until the hunted becomes the hunter.

This is not long out so won't stretch it out, it has some familiar faces in it and a good amount of blood from the first 10 minutes or so as well as comedy moments and some unexpected moments, worth a watch as i would give it a re-watch at some point again.

eydkpXO9_400x400.jpg
Old 30th June 2020, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Goatman Murders (2011)

A group of friends end up stuck in the wilds of Maryland and fall victim to the legendary Goatman.

This was my first revisit to this legendary movie. It's terrible, but in a good way. Think Don't Go in the Woods but possibly more inept. However it's as gory as hell and the ten dollar budget clearly went on offal and pigs blood for the practical FX mayhem.

The film has two scenes which stand out. One because it's stupidly funny. I mean who can't piss their sides when the camera zooms in, Jess Franco style, on a ginger haired lad taking a leak in the woods and we see a tiny pink prosthetic cock set loose from a thicket of ginger pubes that Lina Romay would kill for. I'm laughing to myself typing about it.

Then there's the school bus slaughter fest. But it ain't no normal school bus populated by jocks and cheerleaders, no it's a school bus for a school for the blind. It's outrageous, it's as un-PC as you can get and it's five whole minutes of mutilation and murder. Terrific stuff.

This one i have been looking at to watch, been putting it off but you have just sold it Dem
Old 30th June 2020, 10:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
This one i have been looking at to watch, been putting it off but you have just sold it Dem
It's shit, it really is, don't go in expecting a good film. It's a stupid gore fest which makes me laugh.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 30th June 2020, 10:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's shit, it really is, don't go in expecting a good film. It's a stupid gore fest which makes me laugh.
We can use a good laugh every now and then.
Old 1st July 2020, 08:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A classic that's beautifully shot, it looks stunning and the special effects still impress and look better than a lot of modern CGI effects. But it's not hard too see why it's not for everyone it's a little slow and final act is like a bizarre
Metaphysical acid trip. For me one of the greatest sci-fi films too grace the silver screen. 10/10

Now watching

Old 1st July 2020, 09:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Caddyshack, The Breakfast Club, The New Kids & 15 Minutes

Caddyshack

A Harold Ramis Comedy about a young caddy at an exclusive Golf Club who deals with a wide range of characters ranging from a Snobish Judge, a laid back Chevy Chase and a loud mouthed Rodney Dangerfield. Billy Murray is the Groundskeeper who has to deal with a (obviously fake looking Gopher). This is a funny movie.

The Breakfast Club

Classic John Hughes. With Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy and Antony Michael Hall where five high school students meet in Saturday detention and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought. A well acted movie which portrays Teenagers as normal people instead of sex crazed or murder victims (American Film Critics Siskel and Ebert said that John Hughes gets them)

I wonder if this was released in a different era, whether Oscar Nominations may have happened.

The New Kids

A brother and sister arrive in a small town after their parents die in order to help their relatives run an amusement park however they are terrorized by a local street gang led by a sinister James Spader after the girl spurns their advances. Wasn't completely sure about this one originally however this is a thrilling film with great performances from Spader and his gang (as in, you couldn't wait for them to get their comeuppance) also I liked the fact that it wasn't completely one way traffic in the bad guys favor until the end, the brother got his shots in during as well.

15 Minutes

Robert De Niro, Edward Burns and Kelsey Grammer star in this Thriller in which a homicide detective and a fire marshal must stop a pair of murderers who commit videotaped crimes to become media darlings. Not a bad movie but it's one of De Niro's lower radar films.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c.jpg (15.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tbc.jpg (11.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg tnk.jpg (12.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 15m.jpg (11.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 2nd July 2020, 01:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

First 3 mad max films,
Enjoyed 2nd better than first and 3rd just couldn't feel it and felt it really didn't have much irrelievance to the first 2, Saw mad max fury road few year back didn't rate it at all felt like it was a travelling circus Micheal Bay style.
Old 2nd July 2020, 02:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Little Shop of Horrors. 1986.

A nerdy florist finds fame, success and love with the form of a man eating plant.

50s B musical homage film from director Frank Oz that was originally made in the 60s by Roger Corman and became a stage show, Rick Moranis plays Seymour a down on his luck florist who works with Mr Mushnik (Vincent Gardenia) and Audrey (Ellen Greene) who names his plant Audrey II, who discovers what the plant needs to grow. Steve Martin plays the sadistic Dentist Orin Scirvello D.D.S.

It's always been a dark horror comedy with some short guest appearances and Levi Stubbs adds the voice of Audrey II. It was good to see the alternate version with a different ending that's defiantly a homage to the old films where the bad guys...or in this case evil plants wins.

MV5BODg1YWJkZDAtOTI0Yy00ZmFlLWFlNzctMTVhNDM3ZTA0NmM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUzMjQxMTA@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!