Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2020, 04:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've never seen Little Shop of Horrors.

Always avoided it as i get those cringe worthy Goonies type vibes about it.
Little Shop has more of a Tim Burton thing going on that heap of turd The Goonies.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 3rd July 2020, 07:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A classic , really a remake of the first film with some changes and more slap stick humour, it looks great in 4k. 9.5/10

After a deadly plague is stolen Hobbs and Shaw are called in to hunt down the person who stole it, this turns out to be Shaws sister who stole it too keep our of super soldier Brixton (Idris Elba) hands. Totally OTT and none stop action. I know a lot of people don't like these movies but I enjoy them , pure pop corn fodder , switch off your brain and just enjoy the ride. 7.2/10

Now watching full metal alchemist, followed by Dream Demon.
Old 3rd July 2020, 09:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Rush Hour 3, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, Ouija, Piranha 3D & Gone Girl

Rush Hour 3

Jackie Chan & Chris Tucker return after an attempted assassination on Ambassador Han, They then go to Paris to protect a French woman with information of the Triads' secret leaders. Again spectacular stunts from Chan, however this is the 1st time I've watched this after seeing this at the Cinema and I couldn't have told you what happens. The Rush Hour series was good and entertaining back in the day but it hasn't aged as well. Carter is so irritating now.

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Martin Freeman is whisked off the Earth a few seconds before it is demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Entertaining film especially the ultra-bureaucratic Vorgon's.

Ouija

A girl commits suicide after playing with an ancient Ouija Board, which leads to her friends to play with the board in order to contact her. Obviously it is not a good idea. Seen a lot more better films in this type of Horror Movie.

Piranha 3D

When an underwater earthquake sets free scores of the prehistoric man-eating fish, an unlikely group of strangers includes Elizabeth Shue, Ving Rhymes and Adam Scott must band together to stop themselves from becoming fish food.

This is a really fun trashy, gory and funny no-brainer type of movie which includes a very memorable scene which includes Kelly Brook.

Gone Girl

Starring Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry. When his wife's disappearance becomes the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the everything going against him when it looks like that he may have killed her.

Directed by David Fincher, this film had a lot of hype especially considering it had an 18 certificate. When I first saw this in the Cinema, I had the unusual viewing experience of 1st wondering what all the fuss was about at the beginning as it seemed a normal movie to then becoming an exhilarating thrill ride in the middle to thinking that the ending wasn't that great.

Can't think of many other films like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rh3.jpg (15.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg thgttg.jpg (14.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg o.jpg (9.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg p3d.jpg (12.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg gg.jpg (5.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 3rd July 2020, 10:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Sweeney 2 (1978)

John Thaw and Dennis Waterman return as Regan and Carter in this hard hitting spin off movie from the famous tv series.

This time the duo and the rest of Flying Squad are out to catch a highly efficient gang of armed bank robbers stealing just the loot they need for a land development project in Malta.

The Malta set sequences are quite a variation from the pie and mash and jellied eels of sleazy seventies London and are a welcome diversion, but the film remains a lesson in womanizing, hard drinking, corruption and working class coppers with Thaw in particular in great form.

Although a tv spin off, as with the first film, the violence, language and sex are upped dramatically in this fairly fast moving film, although the sub plot of a hotel bomb disposal throws an amusing spanner in the works amid all the mayhem.

Nigel Hawthorne, Ken Hutchison, Denholm Elliott, Georgina Hale and Anna Gael co-star.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (77.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 4th July 2020, 12:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Forgotten Netflix, Korean

2 brothers and their parents move home, the 21yr old see his brighter and intelligent brother getting what he thought was kidnapped, he returned 19 days later but not the same person he was and has no memory of what happened, the 21 determined to find out what happened only to reveal a murky past about himself and find out his brother not who he thinks he is, some twist and turns with nothing predictable, some action but a slow burner that builds up to a devasting ending, can't say much else without giving the plot away, very well made in every sense. Highly recommended one I will seek to add to my collection, I'd rank it up there as one of the best films I've seen in a while.

Last edited by gag; 4th July 2020 at 12:33 AM.
Old 4th July 2020, 07:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Cutting Edge. A hockey player no longer able to play due to an eye injury and a figure skater whose bad attitude is costing her partners and any chance of success are each other's last chance of ever getting anywhere - if they can tolerate each other long enough. DB Sweeney and Moira Kelly star in this likeable early 90s romantic comedy that almost makes figure skating look exciting. Almost.
Old 4th July 2020, 03:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

might-joe-young-banner.jpg
MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (1949)

Ray Harryhausen teams up with his hero Willis O'Brian (King Kong).
Fantastic combination of technical effects here. Producer Merian C. Cooper received an Academy Award for best visual effects which he gave to Willis O'Brian.

OIP.jpg
THE STRANGE WORLD OF PLANET X (1958)

A scientist experimenting with magnetic fields causes insects and spiders to grow and turn in to man-eaters. The disruption in magnetic fields is also noticed by a visitor from space..

No stop-motion here. The insects are real and enlarged for the screen.
Another film, which like 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' has a warning from outer space to be mindful of what we do on Earth.
Old 4th July 2020, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter. 1974.

A former soldier and master swordsman along with his hunchback assistant travel to a small community where young girls have aged dramatically and believe vampires are at work.

With Hammer and vampires they sometimes associate themselves with Christopher Lee, then they branched out with The Vampire Lovers, then came Vampire Circus and now they brought out Captain Kronos, which like Vampire Circus is totally underrated.

Horst Janson plays kronos who is summoned to a small area with assistant Grost ( John Cater) to help rid the place of evil, along the way they meet up with Carla ( Caroline Munroe) who was in a stockade and travels with them and slowly becomes part of their team. Written and directed by Brian Clemmens who gave us the The Avengers tv show and The Professionals didn't do well with this feature due to poor box office sales but overtime it has became a masterpiece (IMO) and still one of my favorite 70s Vampire films.

MV5BMTIxNzc3OTMyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg1MDAwMQ@@._V1_.jpg
Old 4th July 2020, 09:10 PM
Cult Master

99876-deadly-manor-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

Teens on a trip get lost and they find abandoned house to sleep in for the night seems like a good idea but its not and watching this was an equally bad idea. Pretty boring and uneventful generic attempt at a slasher. The kills are weak there is little to no atmosphere and the acting is just dire.

This always happens when i don't watch any films for awhile the first one is always a howler

Just because you were in an accident unless you lost both you hands there is no need not to brush your teeth lady
Old 4th July 2020, 10:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 225920

Teens on a trip get lost and they find abandoned house to sleep in for the night seems like a good idea but its not and watching this was an equally bad idea. Pretty boring and uneventful generic attempt at a slasher. The kills are weak there is little to no atmosphere and the acting is just dire.

This always happens when i don't watch any films for awhile the first one is always a howler

Just because you were in an accident unless you lost both you hands there is no need not to brush your teeth lady
Totally agree, it's a terrible film.
Nordicdusk likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!