All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th July 2020, 08:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Did you watch them on Youtube?
Yes Dem, as unfortunately it seems to be the best place to watch them at the moment.

earth-vs-flying-saucers-poster.jpg
EARTH VS THE FLYING SAUCERS (1956)

Ray Harryhausen's flying saucers attack the major cities of the world and it's Washington where we see most of the destruction.
It's incredible that every piece of falling building had to be animated frame by frame by Ray.
Old 8th July 2020, 12:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bad Boys II. 2003.

Detectives Mike Lawry and Marcus Burnett return to follow the lead of Ectasy tablets from Florida to a Cuban drug lord.

You don't need to like the actors but there is plenty of action in this to enjoy from a KKK rally to seeing a cop getting shot in the ass and never hear the end of it, a road rage car chase with DEA agents and cars flying of a lorry transport and a Porche getting shot at from the inside and a explosive finale.

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence return with Joe Pantoliano as the cheif he seems to take a calmer approach to express his anger which at times doesn't work, Micheal Bay returns to the directors chair with another good background score and great cinematography. Top notch sequel. WOOSAH.

MV5BM2Q2Nzg2N2EtYmY2OC00ZmU4LWI3NGItMTgyZWVkNGU0Y2JmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc0NTEzOTA@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg
Old 8th July 2020, 01:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I enjoyed some comfort viewing last night...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th July 2020, 02:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I enjoyed some comfort viewing last night...

How the hell does reading runic symbols that predict the reader will die in three days time become comfort viewing?

Haha, only joking, Night of or Curse of, Justin?
Justin101 likes this.
Old 8th July 2020, 02:30 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
How the hell does reading runic symbols that predict the reader will die in three days time become comfort viewing?

Haha, only joking, Night of or Curse of, Justin?

Curse, I watched Night last time, there is very little difference to be honest just the amount of introduction during the Stonehenge scene. It was the pre-release version anyway, I thought I was watching the 82 min version but that's on the other disc

Old 8th July 2020, 07:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

This Island Earth (1955)

To me this is one of the most disappointing sci-fi movies ever. The iconic alien had less than thirty seconds screen time. It's a superb creature design but it feels as if the film makers had no confidence in it.

It doesn't appear until the final ten minutes and the rest of the film is a talky affair with little action centered around a wooden performance from star Rex Reason.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 716FKaa86pL.jpg (105.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 8th July 2020 at 08:13 PM.
Old 8th July 2020, 07:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bad Boys For Life. 2020.

Detective Mile Lawry has a hit on him from someone who holds a grudge against him and asks his partner Marcus Burnett to hold off retirement for one last ride.

This one does have the comedy, action as well as some drama thrown into the mix, Will and Martin are thrown into the action when a hit is put on Mike and Marcus having a family crisis, teaming up with a new new unit, Micheal Bay steps down from directing this but does have a small (blink and miss it) cameo role. I wouldn't say this was the greatest instalment of the franchise but definitely not the worse, like the previous films it does have good cinematography and more suspense and tension added in. Worth a watch.

MV5BMGNhMmMxMjQtODg4NS00Mzc2LWJhMGYtOTIwOTVmYTc4M2YzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ0MTYzMDA@._V1_.jpg
Old 8th July 2020, 08:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Bad Boys II. 2003.

Detectives Mike Lawry and Marcus Burnett return to follow the lead of Ectasy tablets from Florida to a Cuban drug lord.

You don't need to like the actors but there is plenty of action in this to enjoy from a KKK rally to seeing a cop getting shot in the ass and never hear the end of it, a road rage car chase with DEA agents and cars flying of a lorry transport and a Porche getting shot at from the inside and a explosive finale.

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence return with Joe Pantoliano as the cheif he seems to take a calmer approach to express his anger which at times doesn't work, Micheal Bay returns to the directors chair with another good background score and great cinematography. Top notch sequel. WOOSAH.

Attachment 226004
I agree with you but I felt that it was too long, 2hr 20mins is too long for a Action movie
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 8th July 2020, 08:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Caddyshack II, Pretty In Pink & K-9

Caddyshack II

Sequel to the 1980 Comedy in which a grass roots new-money tycoon's membership application is turned down at a snooty country club, he retaliates by buying the club and turning it into a tacky amusement park however when the members use their influence to get his business in trouble, a winner takes all game of Golf is played.

Chevy Chase is the only returning face from the original however this is a very decent effort. It's always good to see snobs getting a taste of their own medicine but having the good guy's Daughter explain that turning the Golf Course into a theme park isn't a good thing either is a nice touch.

Pretty In Pink

Another classic John Hughes film in which Molly Ringwald is a poor girl that must choose between the affections of dating her childhood friend played by Jon Cryer or a rich but sensitive teenager played by Andrew McCarthy. James Spader plays the rich douchebag who can't handle rejection. This is very good that contains one of my favorite movie songs of all time.

K-9

James Belushi is the Cop who gets a German Sheppard to assist him capture a Drug Dealer. All the obvious shenanigans regarding the battle of wills between Belushi and Dog are very but it's a very enjoyable film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cII.jpg (14.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg pip.jpg (13.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg k-9.jpg (13.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 8th July 2020, 08:41 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post

Pretty In Pink

Another classic John Hughes film in which Molly Ringwald is a poor girl that must choose between the affections of dating her childhood friend played by Jon Cryer or a rich but sensitive teenager played by Andrew McCarthy. James Spader plays the rich douchebag who can't handle rejection. This is very good that contains one of my favorite movie songs of all time.
She should have picked Duckie Even so, great film

Like this? Share it using the links below!