Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

mark meakin 3rd October 2008 12:30 PM

Doomsday (2008) fast paced,ultra-violent & some nice black humour.Sadly not as good as Dog Soldiers or The Decent (my favourite Neil Marshall film to date)

vincenzo 3rd October 2008 03:26 PM

I thought The Descent was one of the best horror films of recent years.

Creepshow 3rd October 2008 04:18 PM

I didn't like The Descent at all.

I didn't find it effective in the least, the monsters were daft and some of the dialogue really wound me up (eg "THIS IZ NOT GOOD GUYZ!!!!!!!1")

I know a lot of people really liked it, but personally - it did nothing for me at all.

TALL DUDE 6th October 2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 15040)
Cheers for the info on Play.com. Just stopped by and picked up Sleepaway Camp trilogy, Trauma, Ghosts of Edendale, The Exterminator, The Crazies, CHUD 2: Bud the Chud, Razorback, Children shouldn't play with dead Things and Mother of Tears. The whole lot for 30 quid :cool:

Be warned hal,ghosts of edendale is very hard going.Bought it in the play sale too,and finally got through it after falling asleep 4 times.Sheesh!

Was in the town with the kids yesterday and picked up duel,from woolies for 3 quid.Been years since i seen this.
Also got jackie brown and across 110th street from oxfam for 3 quid each.:)

Halloween_22 6th October 2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 15215)
Be warned hal,ghosts of edendale is very hard going.Bought it in the play sale too,and finally got through it after falling asleep 4 times.Sheesh!

Cheers for the warning Tall Dude. At least it only cost 2.99, I was going to pay full whack for it a while back but went with something else instead, glad I waited :p

cloud 7th October 2008 02:37 PM

I bought THE EXORCIST ANTHOLOGY set from Cash Generator today for a fiver. I thought I had walked away with a bargain but on the bus home I checked the set and it was missing the first Exorcist movie :(. I'm not sure what to do now, I mean I still have the other 4 for a pittance but it looks stupid without the 5th disc in.

Paul@TheOverlook 7th October 2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 15308)
I bought THE EXORCIST ANTHOLOGY set from Cash Generator today for a fiver. I thought I had walked away with a bargain but on the bus home I checked the set and it was missing the first Exorcist movie :(. I'm not sure what to do now, I mean I still have the other 4 for a pittance but it looks stupid without the 5th disc in.

Buy the first film off of amazon market place and put the disc in your set. ;)

There's a secondhand copy, in 'Very Good ' condition for 1.93+1.24 P&P. Not ideal, but you'd have bought all five films for just over 8 quid.

cloud 7th October 2008 05:19 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but then I'll have an empty case and I hate throwing things away, it feels like a waste.

I might go back and ask if they have a spare anywhere, maybe the error was on their part? It's a long shot but surely worth a try? Cash Generator is always so hit or miss.

TALL DUDE 7th October 2008 05:32 PM

I was in the newly opened cash converters in stirling on saturday with the kids,and upon choosing two cds i took them to the counter. The bloke said that only one of em was showing on the system,so i got the other one for nowt,mind you,it was slades greatest hits.:cool:

In the town with the old dear today,and popped into zavvi (mainly just to annoy me mum,as the music is always blaring and she's in her wheelchair.Yeah,bit of the sadist in me.) Ended up buying some movie called unearthed for a fiver. Summat to do with ancient demons being unleashed,and the blurb next to the certificate promises "strong,gory horror and violence." How could i resist?;)

Also house of blood(some olaf ittenbach movie i'd never heard of) and evil(greek zombie splatter movie) arrived through the post today. Yowza!:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th October 2008 08:13 PM

IT'S OFFICIAL-MANCS ARE MORE MISERABLE THAN SCOTCH!:jest: