Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179484Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Doomsday (2008) fast paced,ultra-violent & some nice black humour.Sadly not as good as Dog Soldiers or The Decent (my favourite Neil Marshall film to date)
Old 3rd October 2008, 03:26 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I thought The Descent was one of the best horror films of recent years.
Old 3rd October 2008, 04:18 PM
Cultist in Training

I didn't like The Descent at all.

I didn't find it effective in the least, the monsters were daft and some of the dialogue really wound me up (eg "THIS IZ NOT GOOD GUYZ!!!!!!!1")

I know a lot of people really liked it, but personally - it did nothing for me at all.

Last edited by Creepshow; 3rd October 2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 6th October 2008, 02:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Cheers for the info on Play.com. Just stopped by and picked up Sleepaway Camp trilogy, Trauma, Ghosts of Edendale, The Exterminator, The Crazies, CHUD 2: Bud the Chud, Razorback, Children shouldn't play with dead Things and Mother of Tears. The whole lot for 30 quid
Be warned hal,ghosts of edendale is very hard going.Bought it in the play sale too,and finally got through it after falling asleep 4 times.Sheesh!

Was in the town with the kids yesterday and picked up duel,from woolies for 3 quid.Been years since i seen this.
Also got jackie brown and across 110th street from oxfam for 3 quid each.
Old 6th October 2008, 02:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL DUDE View Post
Be warned hal,ghosts of edendale is very hard going.Bought it in the play sale too,and finally got through it after falling asleep 4 times.Sheesh!
Cheers for the warning Tall Dude. At least it only cost 2.99, I was going to pay full whack for it a while back but went with something else instead, glad I waited
Old 7th October 2008, 02:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I bought THE EXORCIST ANTHOLOGY set from Cash Generator today for a fiver. I thought I had walked away with a bargain but on the bus home I checked the set and it was missing the first Exorcist movie . I'm not sure what to do now, I mean I still have the other 4 for a pittance but it looks stupid without the 5th disc in.
Old 7th October 2008, 03:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I bought THE EXORCIST ANTHOLOGY set from Cash Generator today for a fiver. I thought I had walked away with a bargain but on the bus home I checked the set and it was missing the first Exorcist movie . I'm not sure what to do now, I mean I still have the other 4 for a pittance but it looks stupid without the 5th disc in.

Buy the first film off of amazon market place and put the disc in your set.

There's a secondhand copy, in 'Very Good ' condition for 1.93+1.24 P&P. Not ideal, but you'd have bought all five films for just over 8 quid.
Old 7th October 2008, 05:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks for the suggestion but then I'll have an empty case and I hate throwing things away, it feels like a waste.

I might go back and ask if they have a spare anywhere, maybe the error was on their part? It's a long shot but surely worth a try? Cash Generator is always so hit or miss.
Old 7th October 2008, 05:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I was in the newly opened cash converters in stirling on saturday with the kids,and upon choosing two cds i took them to the counter. The bloke said that only one of em was showing on the system,so i got the other one for nowt,mind you,it was slades greatest hits.

In the town with the old dear today,and popped into zavvi (mainly just to annoy me mum,as the music is always blaring and she's in her wheelchair.Yeah,bit of the sadist in me.) Ended up buying some movie called unearthed for a fiver. Summat to do with ancient demons being unleashed,and the blurb next to the certificate promises "strong,gory horror and violence." How could i resist?

Also house of blood(some olaf ittenbach movie i'd never heard of) and evil(greek zombie splatter movie) arrived through the post today. Yowza!
Old 7th October 2008, 08:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

IT'S OFFICIAL-MANCS ARE MORE MISERABLE THAN SCOTCH!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!