LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2020, 04:17 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 226105

Ben is finding it hard enough to accept the death of his sister without the news that she may have been killed because she is a werewolf. It takes some convincing but when a video surfaces of her killing he has no choice but to team up with an occult expert to stop more people becoming victims of a werewolf gang terrorizing the US. To get to the source they must travel to Eastern Europe and track down the head werewolf.

The Howling 2 gets off to a good start but it soon goes the opposite way and it pretty much carried by Christopher Lee and Sybil Danning,s acting "talents". Most of the cast just don't seem too arsed with dialogue delivered in a half hearted manner the actors are almost sniggering as they go through the motions. There are some good moments but they are few and far between as much as im sure Christopher Lee may have known this was really beneath him he stuff captivates in every scene. Thats bloody band that keeps appearing over and over again are bloody dire they constantly wrecked my head playing the same annoying tune over and over

Really wanted to enjoy this but the actors didn't help i have seen more convincing performances in Coronation Street.

4/10
Yeah but you don't get Sybil Danning ripping her top off in Coronation Street.

Do you?
Old 13th July 2020, 04:20 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah but you don't get Sybil Danning ripping her top off in Coronation Street.

Do you?
The action replays of her ripping her top off at the end was quite hypnotic
Old 13th July 2020, 04:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The action replays of her ripping her top off at the end was quite hypnotic
And the best thing about the film.

I do kinda' like it though despite it being pretty abysmal.
Old 13th July 2020, 05:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

7th-voyage-of-sinbad-poster2.jpg
THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (1958)

Ray Harryhausen at last gets his dream with a Sinbad movie. The first of Ray's films to shot in colour. This is a fantastic adventure from start to finish with great effects which would now be known as Dynamation.

slayer_1982_poster_01.jpg
THE SLAYER (1982)

I had not seen this movie in years. I think since the days of VHS on a cut Vipco release. So much of the film I could not even remember but to see it in all it's Blu ray glory.. It looks awesome. Really enjoyed the movie.
Old 13th July 2020, 08:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Attachment 226098

War is hell but sometimes the real hell is what you left behind.

A group of friends return home from Nam trying to fit back into society but its not as easy as that its hard to get into the run of things the brotherhood is no longer there and it can be lonely when only your army family has your back and there is no one else you can trust. The friends go their separate way but they are eventually brought back together when one of them is murdered by a street gang to whom he refused to pay protection money left devastated by the death his father reaches out for help and his army buddies drop everything to come and get revenge.

A mixed bag of bad acting and cheesy action The Annihilators is entertaining to a degree i would of preferred a little more action i like the characters and the look at how hard some people find it to adjust after coming home from war. In its set up it was very much Death Wish 3 but lacked the excitement and violence for the amount of torture the gang put the people through i wanted satisfying revenge but it never really reached that level most of the kills were boring but i still found it entertaining to watch. Im not sure i would watch it again anytime soon but still one im happy to own.

6/10
I liked the machine gun fire noise on the opening credits.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 13th July 2020, 09:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Dukes Of Hazzard & Fantasy Island

Dukes Of Hazzard

Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott star in this film adaptation of the TV Show in which they try to stop corrupt Governor Burt Reynolds from Coal Mining their town.

This is an enjoyable silly film which I thought would have done better than it did.

Fantasy Island

A group of strangers arrive on an island where their deepest fantasy comes to life but at a cost.

This had a good start but a contrived convoluted ending ruins it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doh.jpg (12.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg fi.jpg (9.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 13th July 2020, 10:22 PM
Cult Master

the-crazies-1973-poster.jpg

In a small town a mysterious virus breaks out killing or driving those who contract it insane. Needless to say the townspeople are terrified and in total panic which is made much worse when the military show up and start closing off the whole town. The virus turns out to be a man made military virus that has leaked into the water. They must act fast before the town is wiped out or even worse it gets into other nearby towns and cities spreading throughout the whole country.

Maybe it's with the state of the world right now but i found this more haunting and down beat than the last time i watched it maybe back when i first saw it i expected it to be more run of the mill horror gore and so on but thats one of the few good things of getting older you understand films more and your more open minded.It's such a brilliantly made film it feels so gritty and you never feel that things are going to be ok just more doom and gloom in is on the way. There are no light moments just misery piled on top of misery as the situation desperate.

8/10
Old 14th July 2020, 12:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

earlybirdquad.jpg
THE EARLY BIRD (1965)

Norman Wisdom as milkman Pitkin, finds himself and Grimsdale's Dairy in a war with the ruthless Consolidated Dairies.
Great comedy with an infectious music score. A good tonic to cheer us up in these strange times.

there_s_always_vanilla_the_affair-677612702-large.jpg
THERE'S ALWAYS VANILLA (1971)

George Romero's film that followed Night Of The Living Dead.
This won't be for everyone. Slow moving study of a drifter musician trying to make his mind up what he wants in life. He meets a TV actress and starts a relationship which later develops problems due to his outlook on life.
A nice look back on early Romero and Latent Image Production Company.
Good to see Judith Ridley (Streiner) again after Night Of The Living Dead.
Old 14th July 2020, 07:42 PM
Cult Master

MV5BMGJiM2VmNmUtYzk3OS00NDhkLTliZDAtNmYxNjYwYzc4MTA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

I had to turn this off after half an hour just random people rabbiting on and repeating themselves over and over about nothing really absolutely pointless.
Old 14th July 2020, 08:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rising Sun. 1993.

When a girl is found dead on a boardroom meeting of a Japanese building in Los. Angeles, Lt. Web Smith is teamed with veteran detective John Connor to act as liaison officers and dwell into the Japanese culture and mind games.

This was one of many decent crime thrillers that came out of the early 90s and still enjoyable, Wesley Snipes and Sean Connery play the duo that's teamed together and always try to play catch up with the rules and not following the police rule book. Writer/director Phillip Kaufman does try to keep it together exploring the Japanese business culture with Mako being the head of the organisation, Harvey Kietel plays Lt. Graham who wants the cased closed and is as tough as they come on who's side is he on, there are some good familiar faces in this that keeps the film entertaining. Recommended.

MV5BMTYwMDI4NTQzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDY3NzA5._V1_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!