Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179046Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th August 2020, 02:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post

After watching the Hannibal tv show, it's strange to watch this movie, because in a tv show you get 13 episodes to build tension and story, here you need to try to put everything in 2 hours - not the best, seemed a little rushed in some scenes, and the soundtrack for the good and bad it's too much 80's.
Too much 80s suddenly i feel faint

I love Manhunter but i do agree that towards the end it tries to pack a lot in.
Old 4th August 2020, 04:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Performance (1970)

"I like that,
TURN IT UP!!"

A film with a somewhat chequered history. A tasty geezer has to hide low when he kills a rival. Opting for unfamiliar territory, he "beds down" with a reclusive rock star and his concubine. I return to this one annually. A bit more opaque than Get Carter, but a lot of fun nonetheless. Never noticed before but during the "Memo From Turner" sequence, for a couple of frames anyhoo, Jagger pre empts Nick Cave visually .
Ahem. REWATCH!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P.jpg (92.2 KB, 3 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th August 2020, 05:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

lf.jpg
PLAY IT AGAIN SAM (1972)

After his marriage breaks down, movie fan Woody Allen tries to date again and as Casablanca is his favourite film, takes advice from an apparition of Humphrey Bogart who appears at different times to help him over his nervousness..

Very good slapstick comedy. Woody's nervousness at dating women leads to some great gags which seem more like Laurel and Hardy!

1ef668f9de7c4565eb8ddb6d5a1ef097.jpg
MOONRAKER (1979)

My favourite Bond movie. Nostalgia wise, it came out when space and sci-fi films were everywhere. The quad poster really is good and fit in perfect with the time. I went with my parents to see it on it's release.
The model work on the launching Moonraker's looks great and I love the model spacestation and the interior set design.
John Barry's music is awesome. Bond arriving at the pyramids and the flight in to space are superb.
Old 4th August 2020, 06:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Just about to sit down and watch this for the first time in several years.

Seriously. How the f*ck do i review this afterwards? What words can i say will do it justice?

I'll probably review it the same way as i did The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) when i watched it last week.

As in not at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51MaJZrEyHL._AC_.jpg (41.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 4th August 2020, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still the best Superman movie and Reeves is Superman no one before or since has captured the spirit of the man of steel. A classic with an iconic theme that's on par with star wars/ Jaws 9.5/10

Signed up for shudder and they appear to have even less content than last time, seems a 100 films at most , with a lot being on either prime or Netflix. Can't see them last long with what content they have.
Old 4th August 2020, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Still the best Superman movie and Reeves is Superman no one before on since has captured the spirit of the man of steel. A classic. 9.5/10

Signed up for shudder and they appear to have even less content than last time, seems a 100 films at most , with a lot being on either prime or Netflix. Can't see them last long with what content they have.
Love superman films, rest made since are well naff in comparison to the originals.
Old 4th August 2020, 09:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Primal Rage..(1988)
Primal Rage starts out like a teen frat movie,with the usual geek's and dorks against the muscle headed jocks... Combine this with the campus scientist played by a pony tailed Bo Stevenson,who is experimenting on monkeys,I can't remember what the reason was,I'm sure it wasn't important... Anyway one of the reporters for school newspaper decide to break into the laboratories, only to get bitten by the angry simian,who then dives through the window and then is flattened by a cop car...Well as we all know by now, being bitten by a monkey is nearly just as bad as spanking one,as this lead's to all sorts of trouble,like going around killing people and generally being a nuisance to everyone...Rage has elements of Demons,most notably because of the soundtrack and beats Danny Boyle's film 28 Days Later to the punch with its monkeys in a laboratory being released going awry...Co written by Umberto Lenzi,with special effects by Carlo Rambaldi,no surprise there considering it was directed by his son Vittorio Rambaldi, anybody who enjoyed Night of the Demon's or Demon's or any film that has the word demon in it,and likes 1980s movies about rabid baboons this is a must...high bonkers rating...
Was this the uncut version, there's a Spanish version that apparently has no gore in it?
Old 4th August 2020, 09:31 PM
Cult Master

lf.jpg

When a gang of thugs try to muscle their way in on a local loans company the owner is having none of if and stands his ground but he can't do it alone. His business partner makes a call to the daughter of the owner to get her help. Sheba is a private investigator in Chicago but she ain't no push over and they will regret the day they messed with her family.

Pimps Hoes guns funky tunes beautiful suits fat ties and tricked out facial hair is what this film is all about. Sheba takes no prisoners be it kicking ass or blowing asses off is does it with so much class and enough ferocity to put the fear of God in any man.

This is a fun film with some really big stereotypical personalities. Pam Grier always delivers beautiful as ever and tough and uncompromising as always.

7/10
Old 4th August 2020, 09:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Goldfinger & Epicenter

Goldfinger

One of the better Bond films I've seen where he's out to stop a criminal with a gold obsession from blowing up Fort Knox.

Epicenter

Gary Daniels plays a Computer Engineer who steals company secrets to sell to some Russian Mobsters but an F.B.I Agent played by Traci Lords manages to change his Bank password in order to make him co-operate with. During all this, an Earthquake hits therefore they have to save her daughter whilst being chased by crooked Policemen and Gangsters. Again not a bad offering from the prolific PM Entertainment Group.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g.jpg (12.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg e.jpg (13.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 4th August 2020, 10:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Was this the uncut version, there's a Spanish version that apparently has no gore in it?
Yeah the version I saw had the gore intact..code red dvd .
Demoncrat likes this.

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 5th August 2020 at 06:36 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!