Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2020, 09:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Shock. 1946.

A young woman witnesses a murder and goes into a catatonic state and committed to a private mental hospital, when she comes out of it she believes her doctor was the one that committed the murder and thinks she is next.

This was a decent played out thriller, Vincent price was in top form as the doctor seen murdering his wife and tries to hide his guilt by playing cat and mouse with the police and trying to convince that the only witness Lynn Bari is having side effects of being in a catatonic state and only medicine can help her. At times even though this is a short film (70 Mins) some moments do tend to be suspenseful that is worked out well only downside was the abrupt ending that came in to quick.

MV5BMTQxNjMxMTQ1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODQ4MDY5._V1_.jpg
Old 11th August 2020, 11:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's seems a cop is going around New York killing it's citizens, a rookie cop ( Bruce Campbell) is arrested for the killings after his wife turns up brutally slaying. He is joined by a veteran cop ( Tom Atkins) and his mistress to find the real killer.

Always enjoyed these movies, nice easy watch even if they did get sillier as the movies went on. 7.5/10
Old 11th August 2020, 02:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Argento Inferno was on horror channel so I recorded it because I haven’t seen it for at least 20yrs, it’s one of those film when you haven’t seen for so long it makes you wonder why you took so long to rewatch, really is a fantastic film, the music and visual use of colours also help create his films into masterpieces.
I did have a small chuckle to myself tho, the scene where he digging the floorboards up as the cat jumps in you can see a hand below grab the cat.
Old 11th August 2020, 05:43 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Evidence (2011)

Another found footage film about four friends who go off into the woods to make their own handheld cam documentary. Ho hum.

But wait!

Evidence is nothing like any other found footage film i've seen previously. For a start the young cast are slightly more believable than usual which is always a help, rather than the constant bickering and in fighting they are clearly friends.

Then about half way through the films slender 77 minute run time things take a turn. A turn i never predicted or could have guessed. Even as the film's end credits roll you'll find yourself gripped to work out exactly what is going on.

I'm not going to spoil anything here, but to anyone who has ever liked a found footage film i would recommend this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evidence-2011-Movie-Poster.jpg (89.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 11th August 2020, 07:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Evidence (2011)

Another found footage film about four friends who go off into the woods to make their own handheld cam documentary. Ho hum.

But wait!

Evidence is nothing like any other found footage film i've seen previously. For a start the young cast are slightly more believable than usual which is always a help, rather than the constant bickering and in fighting they are clearly friends.

Then about half way through the films slender 77 minute run time things take a turn. A turn i never predicted or could have guessed. Even as the film's end credits roll you'll find yourself gripped to work out exactly what is going on.

I'm not going to spoil anything here, but to anyone who has ever liked a found footage film i would recommend this.
I hate found footage films,can you recommend something else please...

Old 11th August 2020, 07:20 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Evidence (2011)

But wait!

Found footage can be a mixed bag for me mostly bad but you make this one sound interesting ill have to give it a shot.
Old 11th August 2020, 09:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Spy introduced Jaws, Moonraker was his second appearance.
My knowledge of Bond film order isn't great, felt that Moonraker explained who Jaws was whereas Spy just showed him and no introduction. Oh Well, mind you I do like the recurring Henchman character.
Demoncrat and troggi like this.
Old 11th August 2020, 09:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Kickboxer III & Class Of 1999 Part II

Kickboxer III

Sasha Mitchell returns with Dennis Chen, this time they are in Brazil where Kurt Sloane is defending his Championship however they get caught up in a Child Sex ring when they befriend a street kid and his soon to be abducted Sister.

I like this film, very entertaining and worthy of being in the Kickboxer series. Pretty sure, I first saw this when ITV shown it on a Saturday night (In the Ten O Clock slot)

Class Of 1999 Part II

Sequel to the Video shop Cult Favorite where Sasha Mitchell (Co-Incidence) is a Teacher who is killing disruptive students. He is pursued from a Government Agent.

Again a worthy sequel even though it isn't as good as 1999. Interesting last scene though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kbIII.jpg (15.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg co1999pII.jpg (10.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 11th August 2020, 10:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have A Nice Weekend (1974, Michael Walters)

More YT nonsense.
A young soldier returns to the nest after his tour is over, reconnecting with loved (and not so loved) ones on an island getaway.
Some neighbours turn up to sponge and gad about to add to the mix.
Described to me as "Milliganesque" ... and all the elements are there, but this is one flat pancake in comparison.

There is fun to be had watching a poor film.
A basic grasp of the nature of evidence in a crime scene obviously not high on their priorities in the Seventies.
At least there ain't no sassy black maid .... Thank Cthulhu.
The print didn't help matters either, as some dialogue was muffled to the point of incoherence.
The denouement is quite frankly poorly framed, timed, scripted and shot. Apart from that, it was fine

Ended up watching Robocop to make up for it.
Now there's a film that needs a musical reboot.
NURSE! It's happening ...... AGAIN.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th August 2020, 04:36 PM
Cult Master

Evidence-Movie-Poster-1.jpg

Two friends and their girlfriends go on a camping trip out into the woods. Its Bretts first time camping and he is a bundle of nerves scared of his own shadow and coming up with the craziest ideas of what can go wrong. Ryan has more than camping on his mind he wants to make a documentary about the trip soon he will be filming his very own horror film not a documentary.

What starts out as a fairly routine people camping in the woods flick soon twists into something totally different and as Dem said yesterday it will take you by surprise. But it's not the twist that made me like this film it was the characters granted Ryan is the sort of asshole we have seen in countless films the kind of guy you hope dies the best of all the people in the film but its the other three that seem more grounded and realistic. Many films have the plastic annoying barbie doll females that are dumb and slutted up just for eye candy and nothing else. The two female characters here are just two really good looking ladies but they have a brain and they act in rational ways.

A major thing i hate about found footage films is the shaky cam is so over the top it almost gives me a headache watching it but it was never that bad with this film most of it was easy to watch and clear to see what was going on when the battery started to run low on the camera it started glitching but it was never irritating.

Worth a watch even if i have no idea what was going on towards the end

Cheers Dem for the heads up on this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!