Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179623Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th August 2020, 07:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What the hell did I just watch , a totally bonkers Italian rip off , of exorcist / rosemarys baby. A woman is expecting a child but this has a unusually effect on the woman , whom vomits, swears , head spins and starts necking with her young son! Her other two children have to have the biggest potty mouths I've ever heard. It also reminded me of polterguest in one scene even though that's out years later.

I can't decide if it falls into the category it's so bad it's good or it's just awful. How many films to we see a man be harassed by a man trying to play the flute with his nose!
Old 14th August 2020, 07:35 PM
Cult Addict

The way look at things, if a film makes you go "What did i just watch" it's probably some kind of masterpiece.
Or is at least worth watching twice.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 14th August 2020, 07:39 PM
Cult Addict

If i'm not quite sure of a film i'll hold on to it, if i watch it and go "well that's a pile of utter shite i'll get rid, i probably won't miss it, if i'm undecided but confused, i know someday i will want to watch it again.
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Old 14th August 2020, 07:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
The way look at things, if a film makes you go "What did i just watch" it's probably some kind of masterpiece.
Or is at least worth watching twice.
Definitely think I'll give it another watch Halloween marathon

Still can't decide if her son got possessed of was always evil, which would explain her behaviour towards him.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 14th August 2020, 07:50 PM
Cult Addict

I'm not so sure either way, all i know is it's a exorcist/ possession rip off that was never released over here for years, i just remember something about a fish tank exploding, the guy from some Argento films, Richard Johnson being pissed around the same time as Zombie flesh eaters and a bad disco soundtrack that is incidentally on my playlist of horror film soundtracks.
And a couple of kids spouting 70's jive dialogue.
Or did i dream it??
If that doesn't scream rewatch i don't even know...
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Old 14th August 2020, 08:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nightmare. 1964.

A young woman who experiences nightmares is expelled from her private school, only to be sent home where the nightmares continue only for them to turn out to be real or are they just in her head?

This seems to be a forgotten Hammer Horror film which plays on the psychology of the mind as to what is real and what isn't real, director Freddie Francis introduces a slow part of introducing the characters then half way through brings in the horror of the mind without any hesitation what so ever that it makes you think you are exploring someone's bad dream.The acting is well played out Jennie Lindon plays the female lead Janet, the young woman tormented by a tragedy that is still firmly in her head. The film may seem predictable but it was good to see how it unfolded up to the end. Recommended.

MV5BNzYxMTI4ODctMDA1Ni00MTc3LTgyNWUtYTVmYzI1MjExNjlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg
Old 15th August 2020, 12:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Possession. 1981.

Mark returns from a business trip and is told by his wife Anna that she wants a divorce. Understanding that he was in a happy marriage, Mark begins to follow Anna believing that infidelity is involved with a man called Heinrich, he uncovers something else.

This is my first time seeing the full uncut version and this was like a total bad road trip of suspense, drama and horror mashed into one film with motion sickness added in. Sam Neil and Isabelle Adjani play the leads although Adjani has two roles in the film which she plays perfectly, one a housewife in a unhappy relationship and the other a school teacher looking to find happiness.

The film is very surreal in showing the breakdown of a mental health state from both sides with the female lead showing one in a tunnel in public while the male lead has one inside four walls of a flat and at times there is a lot of sympathy for their son Bob who is stuck in the middle. The cinematography plays a big part in this with Mark in the rocking chair going back and forth while the camera zooms in and out casing his take on loosing his sanity along with good make up effects of the alien that harbors over them both and a dark side that everyone has that can come out unexpectedly. This will leave you wondering what you have watched and will make you watch again.

MV5BMTU5Mzg2NTY5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzMwODM4MTE@._V1_.jpg
Old 15th August 2020, 03:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Fun start to the Potter films, which still holds up nicely thanks to a light and breezy touch, and the likable kids being well supported by the older actors. Still prefer Richard Harris' Dumbledore to Michael Gambon's.
Old 15th August 2020, 08:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Fun start to the Potter films, which still holds up nicely thanks to a light and breezy touch, and the likable kids being well supported by the older actors. Still prefer Richard Harris' Dumbledore to Michael Gambon's.
I’ve only ever seen first 3 or 4 once, I’ll have to rewatch them and then the rest.
iank likes this.
Old 15th August 2020, 10:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

s-l1600 (2).jpg
BLACK HAWK DOWN (2001)

Ridley Scott's movie based on true events in Somalia in 1993 is a relentless fight for survival for US forces when a mission goes wrong.
Excellent!

f277ab4f2c8b55b280f0639ab6c9daf5.jpg
THE GHOST GALLEON (1974)

The Blind Dead return adrift on a fog clouded galleon.
I had a muck around with switching the audio at various times while watching this last night. The English dub is just bloody awful. Ha ha!
I Always watch this with the Spanish audio but thought I would check the English version.
The scene where the girl is dragged down in to the ships hold loses so much in the English version as she is heard screaming. The Spanish version has her not able to scream due to the throat injury and is quite horrifying as she gasps away.
Stay away from the English dub. Don't be tempted!

Last edited by Dave Boy; 15th August 2020 at 10:45 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!