Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2020, 12:50 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

7baf9913024cdd11372f25a455700c24.jpg

Armies of Slugs are on the rampage through a small town killing people and animals.

You can't go wrong with a good creature feather they are always fun but not this one it was bloody disgusting one of the sickest most disturbing films i have ever seen in my life. The gore is fantastic so much blood and gore its a real gorehounds heaven. Some of the dialogue was hilarious and the acting was both decent and absolute shit show

I have avoided this film for years because i have a phobia of slugs they just make me want to puke when i see them and the whole way through my stomach was turning . As entertaining as the film is i really do not think i could ever sit through it again i faced my fears and didn't conquer them

7/10 for entertainment

0/10 for being a disgusting horrible film
Old 31st August 2020, 01:49 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Fanatic (2019)

A bit of a well worn story about a geeky cult movie fan who is fobbed off by his action hero idol whose fan worship quickly escalates from obsession to violence.

The story itself is quite enjoyable if not remarkable. Devon Sawa is decent as cult action hero Hunter Dunbar, there's some good Hollywood photography and director Fred Durst (Yes that one) keeps things ticking over nicely whilst quietly ramping up the suspense. I should also add that it's incredibly funny but not always for the right reasons.

However it's John Travolta that kept me wrapped in this movie. He's unrecognizable in both looks and mannerisms, i found his performance quite astonishing to be honest. If they ever do a live action Simpsons movie and want someone to play 'Comic Book Guy' then Travolta is your man.
I had no idea Fred Durst directed it. I will have to get my hands on this
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 31st August 2020, 02:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I had no idea Fred Durst directed it. I will have to get my hands on this
Limp Bizkit even get a mention in a bit of oh so ironic dialogue. It's hilarious as is Travolta's first line.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 31st August 2020, 02:57 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Limp Bizkit even get a mention in a bit of oh so ironic dialogue. It's hilarious as is Travolta's first line.
brilliant i have images of little limp bizkit products hidden throughout the film
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 31st August 2020, 03:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rocky. 1976.

A small time amateur boxer gets a chance to fight the champion and earn self respect.

With a script written in 3 days, minimal resources and low budget turned this film into a masterpiece of drama and sport with some laughter, but shows those who are at the bottom can rise overnight. Sly Stallone stars as the young boxer given a chance to face champion Apollo Creed played by Carl Weathers.

Stallone plays a good part as Rocky and gives out a terrific performance as the young amateur boxer and mob boss collector, Talia Shire plays the shy quiet pet store worker Adrian and Burt young as the older drunken brother Paulie who Rocky takes under his wing. Burgess Meredith plays the old crooner trainer Mickey who doesn't believe Rocky can't face the champ and still pushes him.

maxresdefault.jpg
Old 31st August 2020, 04:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rocky II. !979.

After his match with Apollo, Rocky tries to adapt to modern living, while Apollo is getting hate mail about the fight being fixed and tries to coerce Rocky into a rematch.

Stallone brought a successful sequel to Rocky, with starring and doing the writing and directing, which follows the year from the fight to the big rematch with Apollo and starting a family and trying to find work and slowly becoming a nobody.

The acting from Stallone and Weathers is better than before with more tension from Apollo hoping to prove people wrong, Talia Shire does try her best to better but doesn't seem to given enough screen time. Burt Young does seem to be alot better as Paulie who still drinking and trying to be a better brother. Burgess Meredith returns as Mickey the trainer with a heart warming moment with Rocky in a chapel and shows he is trying to be a father figure in his time of need.

Rocky-II-2.jpg
Old 31st August 2020, 07:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hercules and the Amazon Women

Hercules and his best bud Iolaus set out to a small village which is having problems with a unknowing creature things are not as they seem as we soon learn the village is being attacked by a group of warrior women, Hercules helps to show that not all men are bad and he himself learns to treat women better .

Lucy Lawless stars as one of the Amazon's . 7/10

Hercules and the lost kingdom.

Hercules sets out with a young woman ( Renee O’Connor , Gabrielle from Xena) who set out too fine the lost city of Troy which has some link to Deianeira( O'Connor). Robert Trebor whom played Salmoneus in Hercules and Xena also stars 7/10

Hercules and the circle of fire.

Hera has stolen fire from Prometheus so mankind can't make fire and will die out, Herc sets out with Deianeira( another one not the one from last movie, this one becomes his wife) to retrieve it. 8/10

Jurassic Park.

The original and still the best. The effects still hold up today and even surpasses some modern films, justice league I mean you! 9.5/10

Know watching .

Old 31st August 2020, 07:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Abominable (2019) ★★

Abominable is a beautifully animated film and has a fairly engaging story; credit goes to writer/director Jill Culton for writing such a strong and likeable female lead.

However, the titular yeti – nicknamed Everest – is a sadly bland and largely forgettable character so its relationship with Yi has none of the fun and adventure of the rapport between Hiccup and Toothless in the far superior How to Train Your Dragon films or even between Shrek and Donkey in Dreamworks' most successful animated series. Everest also functions as a deus ex machina when things appear hopeless so the character aspect which should make him fascinating highlights weaknesses in the narrative.

I enjoyed some of the sequences there were a few emotionally satisfying moments, but overall it felt a bit perfunctory and without the character depth and emotional impact of the best computer animated films of recent years.

Old 31st August 2020, 07:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rocky III. 1982.

Rocky is now champion and facing different boxers, up and coming Clubber Lang announces he is the next challenger, Mickey throws him off saying the ones he fought are jobbers but this guy is the real deal. But when Rocky falls into a hole, Apollo helps Rocky lift his head and gets his edge back for a rematch with Clubber.

This is one of the best Rocky films in the series as it jumps in to seeing the fights in the opening credits and no slow moment montage and drag things out and we see two sets of training with Mickey and then in the gym where Apollo trained. Carl Weathers returns not as a enemy but as a Allie to Rocky and helps him get his edge back. Mr. T. stars as the ruthless Clubber who thinks the champ is a wimp and sets out to be the next champ.

The acting is getting better from all even the boxing looks more real and intense as it should be even with the camera work in the ring with the second match does make you feel you are in the ring and Paulie developing a good sense of humour when he is sober, and who didn't cry when Mickey died, Burgess Meredith made that character his own. Hearing the song Eye of the tiger does bring back memories of this film every time i hear it.

Rocky IV. 1985.

Rocky still the champ is asked to do a exhibition match with a Russian gold medallist, Apollo steps in and is killed, Rocky blames himself for his friend's death and decides he wants revenge. Accompanied by Paulie and Apollo's trainer Duke, they travel to Russia for a battle.

As like the previous film this jumps right in and doesn't become a slow burner, it may not be a classic but probably still watched more than the other Rocky films, there were rumours that Carl and Dolph didn't get along and threw real punches and Carl threatening to quit, but made their match entertaining although Apollo dies. Paulie develops some human emotions that makes you appreciate him then takes back the comment which makes it funny on how he says it. This one does has a decent soundtrack and James Brown singing a song in Apollo's intro to the fight with Drago.

rocky3.jpg rocky-4-gloves.jpg
Old 31st August 2020, 08:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 227318

Armies of Slugs are on the rampage through a small town killing people and animals.

You can't go wrong with a good creature feather they are always fun but not this one it was bloody disgusting one of the sickest most disturbing films i have ever seen in my life. The gore is fantastic so much blood and gore its a real gorehounds heaven. Some of the dialogue was hilarious and the acting was both decent and absolute shit show

I have avoided this film for years because i have a phobia of slugs they just make me want to puke when i see them and the whole way through my stomach was turning . As entertaining as the film is i really do not think i could ever sit through it again i faced my fears and didn't conquer them

7/10 for entertainment

0/10 for being a disgusting horrible film
I rather enjoyed this
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!