Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179032Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2020, 06:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Eyeball (Lenzi, 88 Films release!!!!! )

Great film, brilliant plot, superb cast & fast paced!!!!!

9/10

Classic giallo, buy now please!
Old 4th September 2020, 06:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I don't really get Twin Peaks either. I've held on to the boxset with the intention of tackling it again one day but it didn't seem anything special.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Part of me kind of wonders if David Lynch was amazed at the popularity of crap soaps operas and thought “I wonder how far I could push this?”

Look at Dallas! According to Wikipedia 83 million people tuned in to watch “Who Shot JR?” and it turned out to have been a dream! I wonder if David Lynch took inspiration from that and figured - let’s just make the FBI agent a kind of psychic ... or something ... and any plot holes ... we’ll just make it that he’s had a vision or it’s aliens or something.

I did stick with it and watched all 40 eps of series two. It felt like a slog though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 4th September 2020, 09:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Part of me kind of wonders if David Lynch was amazed at the popularity of crap soaps operas and thought “I wonder how far I could push this?”

Look at Dallas! According to Wikipedia 83 million people tuned in to watch “Who Shot JR?” and it turned out to have been a dream! I wonder if David Lynch took inspiration from that and figured - let’s just make the FBI agent a kind of psychic ... or something ... and any plot holes ... we’ll just make it that he’s had a vision or it’s aliens or something.

I did stick with it and watched all 40 eps of series two. It felt like a slog though.

Unlikely seeing as the 'Who shot JR?' phenomenon was the end of season three and the 'dream' season came about in season nine .
nosferatu42, MuckyFunster and iank like this.
Old 5th September 2020, 04:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Unlikely seeing as the 'Who shot JR?' phenomenon was the end of season three and the 'dream' season came about in season nine .

Ahh I didn’t realise it was so far apart. I thought the dream was the conclusion of Who shot JR. I’ve never actually watched Dallas - just seen it referenced and priories elsewhere on tv - Family Guy and The Simpsons springing to mind first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5th September 2020, 06:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Started watching the hater, my thumbnail pic different,
Only saw first hour then some friends nipped round, watch rest later, just not quite feeling it, might think different when watch rest of it.
When Robert said if he doesn’t win I’ll kill myself you knew what tomasz was thinking.

I’ve tried uploading my thumbnail pic but it not working I keep getting this.

vBulletin Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

What the hell does that mean ?
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 5th September 2020, 06:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The thumbnail image might be the wrong format and needs to be a JPEG or PNG file.
Old 5th September 2020, 07:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The thumbnail image might be the wrong format and needs to be a JPEG or PNG file.
Cheers, Shouldn’t be a problem it was just a photo I took of the tv screen from my mobile.

I’ll retry again, if works here a pic of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A32B1F07-ADEE-4326-B76F-8FC9C582BF9A.jpg (47.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 5th September 2020, 07:44 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Cheers, Shouldn’t be a problem it was just a photo I took of the tv screen from my mobile.

I’ll retry again, if works here a pic of it.
Now I'm feeling the pressure @gag - if you don't enjoy the movie you will blame me for the rest of your life, follow me around and kill me...

Jokes aside, I hope you enjoy the rest of the movie.
MuckyFunster likes this.
Old 5th September 2020, 10:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Jigsaw (2017)

Despite coming some seven years after the previous and presumed final entry in the Saw franchise, even then i was in no rush to see this eighth installment.

I'm pleased i did though because it felt like a refreshing change from all the PG-13 jump scare supernatural nonsense polluting our multiplexes pretending to be horror films. Certainly Jigsaw won't convert anyone new to the series but i thought it suitably gory and enjoyably fun.

The traps used are as elaborate and gruesomely fascinating as ever with a plot that revealed a couple of tasty twists. Certainly it's familiar but as of summer 2020 there's not an awful lot of movies of this ilk doing the rounds nor has there been these last few years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71nXlVqnGdL._AC_SL1481_.jpg (86.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 5th September 2020 at 10:21 PM.
Old 5th September 2020, 10:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Now I'm feeling the pressure @gag - if you don't enjoy the movie you will blame me for the rest of your life, follow me around and kill me...

Jokes aside, I hope you enjoy the rest of the movie.
No worries, just don’t ask if such a film any good because I’ll just watch it and give a fake review to either make you watch a shitty film or put you off watching a decent film

I watched rest of the film I don’t know why I just wasn’t feeling it, but saying that it was a good and decent film that makes a refreshing change from all the same old same old that being churned out for the past few yrs or so, and it also ties in with what happening in the world these days with all the fake news and shows how if you’ve got the know how you can manipulate people etc and the problems it can cause eg .....Here a snippet from Wikipedia on the page about the film

Whilst fictional, the film does relate to ongoing real-life situations such as the use of social media to psychologically manipulate users and navigate public opinion through fake news. It is a representation of how online-propelled hatred can lead to severe consequences and real-life casualties. Three weeks after the filming was completed, Paweł Adamowicz, city mayor of Gdańsk and a liberal politician frequently targeted by online haters, was stabbed to death during a live broadcast charity event.

If these are the Consequences of fake news and hatred its actually quite frightening tbh.

Also the film is classed as a sequel to the directors previous film in 2011 suicide room .

Ps just spotted this HBO to make a series based on the film the hater,
https://www.filmneweurope.com/news/p...-komasa-s-film
nosferatu42 likes this.

Last edited by gag; 5th September 2020 at 11:13 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!