All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179478Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2020, 10:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Waste of time. nos42 drinks his booze! I can tell by his late night ramblings, er' postings, on here.
It is amazing how one drunk person can be more entertaining than some of the crap we watch on the box.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 14th November 2020, 08:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Stephen King said he has no memory of writing Cujo, and it depresses him that he was that far gone.

Also, the cinematographer for Maximum Overdrive lost his eye in an accident, and sued King for negligence. King settled uncontested, because he could remember what had happened.
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 14th November 2020, 11:32 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

High Moon (2019)

A low budget horror / western / action hybrid about an old west gunslinger (Chad Michael Collins) resurrected in the modern day to kill an outlaw gang of werewolves.

We are definitely in Werewolves on Wheels (1971) territory here rather than say, Dog Soldiers, but there's much to enjoy. There's a lot of humour and the 'fish out of water' stuff is well written. In fact the whole script works well and the likes of Sean Patrick Flannery (as a gun-running mayor) and the gorgeous Chelsea Edmundson are clearly having a blast.

Although the action sequences are a little hampered by budgetary restraints (i've seen a lot worse) on the whole i found High Moon to be a lot of fun.
Old 14th November 2020, 11:49 AM
Cult Veteran

Is that a supermarket DVD?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th November 2020, 11:50 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Is that a supermarket DVD?
Yes.

Well worth the fiver paid.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 14th November 2020, 12:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI (1986)

The most entertaining film in the long running series in which not a single scene is wasted. The story begins straight from the off with Jason's resurrection and it never slows until the closing credits as the corpses build up throughout as masked killer Jason Vorhees makes his way back to Camp Crystal Lake with inventive maniacal flair.

Thom Matthews and Jennifer Cooke make for an appealing double act you can get behind, (in fact Cooke has more than a passing resemblance to Ellie Cornell from Halloween 4 & 5) rather than the usual disposable teens films of this ilk throw at you.

A story further up the evolutionary scale from simply killing teens at a summer camp, some fun kills, a couple of brilliant Alice Cooper songs and an ending that sets up a sixth sequel make this my favourite of the Friday the 13th movies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jason-lives-friday-the-13th-part-vi-1986-poster.jpg (95.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 14th November 2020, 12:36 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI (1986)
Wherever the red dot goes, you bang.

Considered this one for last night but I'm doing them in order and didn't want to skip 4 and 5 do love this one though.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th November 2020, 05:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bits And Pieces (1985, Leland Thomas)

Fifth tier mishmash of Maniac and ... take your pick really
A nerdish loner preys on local women. He doubles his efforts when a friend of a previous victim goes to the cops in order to track her down. Odd enough. The cop takes her to the beach "to relax" at one point

Robotrix (1991, Jamie Luk)

Watched this after the CAT III thing. Insane soft core Robocop knock off. Just about as HK as it gets really. A newly promoted female cop finds herself "reborn" as .... go on guess? .... when she interrupts a kidnapping attempt. Not good enough? Go back to Arid Aster then
RECOMMENDED.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th November 2020, 08:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bad Taste

Hadn't seen this in long enough, so dug it out. I laughed so much the first time I saw this film. I still do. One man's eternal search for the perfect peach blossom goes awry when he stumbles into the wrong florist .... .
Look, hands up whom hasn't seen this?
Still the quirky, inventive sci fi actioner it ever was

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th November 2020, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Bad Taste

Hadn't seen this in long enough, so dug it out. I laughed so much the first time I saw this film. I still do. One man's eternal search for the perfect peach blossom goes awry when he stumbles into the wrong florist .... .
Look, hands up whom hasn't seen this?
Still the quirky, inventive sci fi actioner it ever was

Love this film it’s weird to look at the fact he made this, Braindead, meet the feebles then goes on to make lord of the rings and hobbit trilogy.
I always say if you’ve to describe this film to someone imagine monty python making a horror and this is the result .
MacBlayne and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!