Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2010, 07:23 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

mordum is a great film but not a film i enjoy, i was feeling the same as mbv until i found the AU trilogy, it made me reaslise why i loved horror films in the first place and that was to be shocked , horrified and scarred and not many films have been able to do that.

last night i watched

the horsemen 9/10
2001 maniacs-field of screams 2/10
Old 27th July 2010, 08:02 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Watched The Wizard of Gore
Love the sleaziness of HG Lewis' movies. FX are outgrageous, acting is hopeless but they must have been the most shocking thing ever back when they were released.

Anyone seen the remake? Is it any good?
Old 27th July 2010, 08:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Watched

Mordum

Out of curiosity tonight. All I can say is that this is vile, putrid and caters for the lowest of the low. This is not entertainment! I really think that to discuss such filth on a respectable horror forum is a disgrace to Cult Labs. I for one won't mention such sh*t again.

I kind of agree, horrors frightning gory etc or not at the same time there also meant to be entertaining, agree or disagree a lot of so called horrror now are not entertaining any more 2me if a film disgust a true horror fan then thats not horror, I make no bones about the fact that films like grotesque and guinea pig etc have gone down the beyond and no barred hold boundries and films like them 2 IMO are not entertaining inway shape or form what so ever they are just vile and disgusting. . ive said b4 and ill say it again.. exactly what type of audience are films like that aiming 4...
Old 27th July 2010, 08:30 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I kind of agree, horrors frightning gory etc or not at the same time there also meant to be entertaining, agree or disagree a lot of so called horrror now are not entertaining any more 2me if a film disgust a true horror fan then thats not horror, I make no bones about the fact that films like grotesque and guinea pig etc have gone down the beyond and no barred hold boundries and films like them 2 IMO are not entertaining inway shape or form what so ever they are just vile and disgusting. . ive said b4 and ill say it again.. exactly what type of audience are films like that aiming 4...
Here here!!

Give me Chris Lee with his crooked teeth and Peter Vincent any day over this complete shite.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:25 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Watched The Wizard of Gore
Love the sleaziness of HG Lewis' movies. FX are outgrageous, acting is hopeless but they must have been the most shocking thing ever back when they were released.

Anyone seen the remake? Is it any good?
The remake is dire. It has none of the charm of the original at all.

I recently watched Schramm which I was a little disappointed with as I was expecting something a lot more violent and shocking. There were only a couple of scenes that may have seemed a little disturbing and one scene that had me wincing.

I also watched The House on the Edge of the Park which I thought was terrific. David Hess and Giovanni Lombardo Radice were a great combo and I thought the ending was brilliant. Very impressed.
Old 27th July 2010, 12:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post

last night i watched

2001 maniacs-field of screams 2/10
I quite enjoyed that.
It was not as good as the first one and the end was kinda let down but it was a fun tongue in the cheek movie.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 27th July 2010, 03:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Crimson aka The Man With the Severed Head - Bizarre crime film starring Paul Naschy. Worth a look.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 27th July 2010, 05:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
if a film disgust a true horror fan then thats not horror.
thats statement doesn't make much sense to me, if that were true then films like the exorcist and texas chainsaw massacre wouldn't be classed as horror as both of these films disgusted a lot ppl when they were released.

Quote:
ive said b4 and ill say it again.. exactly what type of audience are films like that aiming 4...
not sure what thats supposed to mean ? i like films like august underground, guinea pig and grotesque and i see myself as a very normal guy
Old 27th July 2010, 05:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
By total contrast, I watched "Nanny McPhee & the Big Bang" this afternoon with my kids.
Can I borrow it mate? I have a horrid taste in my mouth ....
Old 27th July 2010, 07:15 PM
Active Cultist

From Beyond the Grave

Like this? Share it using the links below!