Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th November 2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 641189)
Attachment 229711
STAR WARS EPISODE VII
THE FORCE AWAKENS
(2015)

Whatever people may think of the film now, this movie hit the ground running when Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney.
At a time when Lucas was happy to do nothing with the franchise but turn out crap merchandise, Disney got on the ball straight away and announced another film. Gathering together the original cast, the fans took note again.
When you look at it, it's the same story as the original film and with a nostalgic edge.
For me, I like the movie and it seemed that once again Star Wars was back.
Nothing will ever beat the original trilogy for me, and I can still view that as a stand alone piece with nothing before or after.
The movie is the best of the new Disney episode movies and I felt real hopeful that this was the start. Lots of questions, like who is is Rey made it all exciting again. With Rogue One A Star Wars Story on the horizon it seemed all was right with the world again..
..or so I thought.

This is the only one of the new trilogy i own. Hated the second one got rid of it and have no intention of watching the last one.

Rogue One and Solo i'm more than happy to keep in the collection and have seen a couple of times each so far.

Graveyard 28th November 2020 08:49 PM

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...%2C215_AL_.jpg

Tetsuya Nakashima the same director that gave us Confession, decide to raise the bar, and delivers The World of Kanako, one moment you have this happy movie, and another you have gore/violence all over the place.

So good, recommend for anyone that likes Korean cinema.

trebor8273 28th November 2020 08:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QHk337vv4Y

Axel goes back to Beverly Hills when his friend Captain Bogomil is shot investigating a number of robbery homicides , once in Beverly Hills he teams up again with Billy and Taggert to help on the case and investigate the case and find who shot there friend.

While not quite as good as the first it's still a highly enjoyable fast paced comedy action movie. 7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfnvrPZSFb8

A film I never get bored of and always gets a watch on thanksgiving , some of Candys and Martin's best work with many laugh out loud moments and iconic scenes. A classic . 9/10

Now watching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hITJLnyH9Fc

nicholasrope 28th November 2020 09:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Three Fugitives

Nick Nolte is released on Parole for Bank Robberies, After been given a lift from Detective James Earl Jones, gets caught up in a Bank Robbery committed by Martin Short who wants to raise money to help care for his mute Daughter. Obviously, The Police believe that it's Nolte behind The Robbery therefore he has to go on the run with Short and his Daughter. A fine effort but lacks something that would take it into a classic 80's Comedy Movie.

Hobo With A Shotgun

Rutger Hauer is The Hobo who arrives in a town where it's being run by a Gangster and his Sons. Fed up he get's a Shotgun and kills all the bad guys. Just a tad violent and bloody lol, it delivers what it promises, don't take it seriously, it is entertaining but the whole The Plague and whatever that creature was just makes it weird when it didn't need to be.

Horrible Bosses

3 friends hate their Bosses so much that they hatch a plan to murder all 3 of them. Definitely one of Warner Bros best 15 rated Comedies of recent times. Jennifer Aniston seems to be having a blast as a Dentist that sexually harasses her Assistant.

The Departed

Remake of Infernal Affairs which sees Leonardo Dicaprio infiltrate Jack Nicholson's Mob and Matt Damon infiltrate The Police and the chase to uncover the mole first. A bit long winded but it maintains the general story of the original whilst making it different. I feel that it's best when the remake is different in places which then allows the people who watched the original to watch the remake without it being the same scene by scene. The issue I had with The Hills Have Eyes remake was it was virtually similar to its predecessor.

J Harker 28th November 2020 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 641192)
This is the only one of the new trilogy i own. Hated the second one got rid of it and have no intention of watching the last one.

Rogue One and Solo i'm more than happy to keep in the collection and have seen a couple of times each so far.

Force Awakens is the only one i have from the new trilogy. I actually don't mind the second but the last one was terrible. As for Rogue One and Solo, it's beyond me how the same person could enjoy both. Solo was beyond dire while Rogue One is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

nosferatu42 28th November 2020 11:59 PM

Rogue is the best of the new ones by far.
Force is good, Last Jedi i was underwhelmed at the Cinema but need to watch again, Skywalker i thought was ok, it tied stuff together well enough considering the mess after the second one.
Solo i didn't mind but wasn't blown away.

nosferatu42 29th November 2020 01:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So got to thinking...:confused: (duck and cover chaps...)

Don't think there's a thread for whatever this is....:pop2:

Anyway...

Attachment 229743

Sex Lives of the Monsters.....;)

Aliens - They've already been to outer space, now it's all about inner space, probes and getting all up inside ya...like an eel.
But really it's all about the family and making more kids to take over , like the E.T mafia or something.

Freddy Krueger- As shown by the gay sequel and the fact that he'll give you a hetero wet dream then screw you up (waterbed scene in 3) or lurk about in yer bubble bath, he's up for it this way and whatever and he's got a thing for kids too, he's low down and dirty.
Any hole's a goal.:freddy:

Jason - Repressed and never got anywhere, still got a massive Oedipus complex, although is a big fan of penetration.
Still dreams about his mothers head and that just about says it all.:scared:

Michael Myers - Shy boy Michael with his boiler suit is too shy to try and pretty uptight, just wants to hide when the girls are about, obviously fixated but can't do it, so wants to ruin everyone else's sexy fun time fumblings. The sister fixation didn't help either.:axekiller:

Leatherface - Kid in an adults body.
Dysfunctional like his family as shown by the stalling chainsaw in part 2. Also has massive gender issues, has a collection of skins with days of the week sown in them like yer pants as a kid.:behindsofa:

Living dead - Not really interested, just looking for the next hot meal.
Although if Bub met Trash i'm pretty sure it would end up looking somethink like this.

Attachment 229742

Chucky - All about the sex dolls

Pinhead- S & M poster boy. Got more lube than a hooker from Amsterdam.:whip:

Candyman - He's urban, and looks a bit like a pimp in that coat, but just wants to be your sugar daddy and get some sweet lovin'.

Hunchback of Notre Dame - Bit of a swinger, but he's really looking for love with all the bells and whistles.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - Strait as a jacket, but when he's on the potion then his body's in motion.

The Mummy - So wrapped up in himself, a romantic, always lusting after the ladies but he's a bit of a wet Tanis leaf when it comes to getting it on, a stickler for tradition who will never give a tongue job.

Frankenstein's monster - Just a big lost kid who wants a hug, but is electric in the bedroom once you get his meter running.
Likes a screamer.

Dracula - Bit of an aloof aristocrat womaniser, likes a bit of sadism thrown in the mix and wants to dominate you, suck you in all the right (and wrong) places, then keep you at home to do the dishes while he goes off in search of his next conquest, bit like one of those self absorbed Millionaires and corporate twats you see on T.V,....or a Politician.

Wolfman - Well he's up for it whenever the night is right, likes to get down and dirty, he's rock and roll and outta control and loves it doggy style.:clap:

Phantom of the Opera - Likes doing the dress up game, wants a girl with a good set of lungs on her, bit of a shy one really though, likes it when the lights are low.

Creature from the Black Lagoon - He ain't the only fish in the river, but he's all up for the hot female action and he likes it wet and wild.

As for the Abominable Snowman...Its all Yak, Yak, Yak...

Attachment 229739

:behindsofa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txMRW_6XDg0

Demoncrat 29th November 2020 10:35 AM

Bikers Vs The Undead (1985, James R Buick)

More SOV. Apparently the print was damaged during transfer ahem. That'll be why it makes no sense then :lol:.
Some motorcycle enthusiasts discover that a local river that has been diverted through the local cemetery (COUGH) is contaminated due to an unscrupulously bad actor.
Quite hard to see what's going on tbh. It seems to involve them shoving the zoms about a lot hahahaha ahem.

Belushi (2020, RJ Culter)

Somewhat retconned retrospective of the actor's career. First example of a documentary I can remember most of the events to being not quite what I remember. Cutler says at the start that no "proper" document of JB's life exists. Bob Woodward might have something to say about that cough. Decent enough, but leaves a sour taste in the mouth tbh.

Nostalgic 29th November 2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 641256)
Rogue is the best of the new ones by far.
Force is good, Last Jedi i was underwhelmed at the Cinema but need to watch again, Skywalker i thought was ok, it tied stuff together well enough considering the mess after the second one.
Solo i didn't mind but wasn't blown away.

Rogue one was amazing IMHO, Force Awakens I thought was great but sadly downhill from there.

Currently watching The Sniper (Edward Dmytryk)

Amazing film noir about a sniper with PTSD shooting people at random in San Fransisco, the police & their attempts to track him down. Great character study which pre dates films like Taxi Driver in terms of examining characters damaged & confused, lost in a world that made them.
Part of the Columbia Pictures Film Noir Classics Vol 1 (Region 1 dvd set), I have vols 2-4 but Vol 1 alone has me hooked! Recommended!

Justin101 29th November 2020 03:42 PM

The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) ★★★★★

https://i.ibb.co/ZWhVZkd/5c2232a0-dd...e09a9aee51.jpg

"Madness"

2020 has been the year of catching up with films which most people have already seen but not I. This one, the battle of wills between Nicholson and Saito is among the best of them. Absolutely perfect Sunday afternoon viewing.

It's first half being about building a bridge and the failure of the project due to Nicholson refusing to allow his officers to work manual jobs in the prisoner of war camp and the British prisoners falling apart under a lack of leadership. Alec Guinness on top form as Nicholson giving a power house performance of Great British stiff upper lip and resolve while Colonel Saito stands by utterly powerless against it.

Then comes the plot by the British army to destroy the bridge, cutting off supply routes needed by the enemy forces. This is where the conflict between right and wrong hits home strong. We've seen the men struggle to get this bridge built and overcome every obstacle, we know that it needs to be destroyed but we don't want that work to be for nothing!

The final 10 minutes of this film as a taut as any modern day thriller, I was literally holding my breath and clenching my fists in anticipation of what was surely going to unfold of screen, it didn't quite happen the way I thought it would but it was still a relief!

Fantastic!