Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th December 2020, 10:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed. Try the book. It RULES.
It was all down to one rather histrionic reviewer getting his knickers in a twist tbh (the reputation).
DC should have gone for broke and filmed Ubik after
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th December 2020, 12:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Las Vegas Bloodbath (1989)

Tonight I could have watched Tenet. I chose this instead.
The right choice
A business man goes off the rails when he finds his wife cheating.
Yes, it's another bloody SOV flick. Low rent isn't the word
Just over the hour and all the betterer for it. He slightly reminds me of Seinfeld, which just adds to the fun.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th December 2020, 08:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hundreds of years after the human race is nearly wiped out , a toxic jungle and the insects that live within threaten what's left of humanity. A young princess tries to protect her people from these threats and other human tribes. A wonderful and thought provoking movie with a great cast. 9/10

The human race is on the brink of destruction and the the earth is a radioactive wasteland after a hostile alien race attack us. A strange cylinder crashes on the planet, it contains plans for a warp drive and advanced weapons as well as the location of a planet in which the people of earth will find the means to restore the earth. A crew is selected and makes there way to save the planet. A enjoyable bit a sci-fi from Japan corny in places but enjoyable . 7.5/10

Now watching

Old 9th December 2020, 10:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ring Master

Danish film in which two women are abducted and used as victims in a torture show which is broadcast online. The torture scenes were brutal and sadistic but too much focus was put the hours leading up to their abductions. A missed opportunity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rm.jpg (10.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 10th December 2020, 12:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted.

Host (2020, Rob Savage)

A group of friends meet up on Zoom to hold a seance. That'll end well surely?
Decent enough FFer. Like Unfriended, it worked better because I watched it on the computer tbh. Haven't jumped at a film in long enough, so that's good enough for me. Now scurrying back to my SOV, as that was quite enough modernity for me, just after I check what that noise was ......

[B]
Old 10th December 2020, 10:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Video Violence (1987, Gary Cohen)

Now this is a title I do remember reading about at least. Surprise surprise, it's actually quite conventionally plotted (well....) and pre empts a few things cough Henry cough. When a vhs store owner finds a blank tape in his returns box, the viewing of which disturbs him so much he goes to the local plod. Decent enough flick imho.

Bodom (2014, Gergo Elekes, Jozsef Gallai)

Hungarian FF anyone? Two students investigate a 50 year old mystery. Not at all what I expected. While there is some artifice, I enjoyed this one due to its atypical nature within this genre.

[B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 10th December 2020 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10th December 2020, 05:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike#4

Child's Play (2019)

A competent remake/reboot of the well liked horror franchise with a couple of nicely done set pieces and decent horror thrills throughout.

It was interesting to note that the evil Chucky was created by a vindictive employee railing against his employers rather than the evil spirit / possessed doll of the original films. How times change.

Although enjoyable i didn't think this was a patch on the last two films in the series Cult of Chucky and Curse of Chucky
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Child's_Play_(2019_film).jpg (23.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 10th December 2020, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I liked its rather nasty tone and the opening reminded me of a Simpsons episode hahaha. Agree about the last two though D.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
Old 10th December 2020, 07:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
I liked its rather nasty tone and the opening reminded me of a Simpsons episode hahaha. Agree about the last two though D.
Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with it. Perfectly happy to have it in my collection.

Like the Simpsons comparison. Very apt.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 10th December 2020, 08:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I didn't quite splutter my tea when it happened, but was damn close
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!