LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2021, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Naruto is in pre-production crikey...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4907198/
What's next, one piece , detective Conan, Cowboy Beebop?

Mind if done right Beebop could be good.
Old 3rd January 2021, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
What's next, one piece , detective Conan, Cowboy Beebop?

Mind if done right Beebop could be good.
Miike did JoJo a couple of years ago so to be honest anything is possible
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd January 2021, 10:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 27

The Wretched (2019)

A great poster but a forgettable movie.

How do i know it's forgettable? Well i watched it a week ago and can't remember a damn thing about it to write any sort of review.

I think a rewatch is in order.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-The_Wretched_(film)_poster.jpg (20.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Wretched (2019)

A great poster but a forgettable movie.

How do i know it's forgettable? Well i watched it a week ago and can't remember a damn thing about it to write any sort of review.

I think a rewatch is in order.
Watched this a couple of months back and thought it was ok, but saying that I don't remember anything about it!
Old 4th January 2021, 01:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default My dear killer

My Dear Killer...
Quite a grim piece of Giallo meets Poliziotteschi,as a suave Police Inspector Peretti (George Hilton) tries to solve a particularly head scratching case of kidnap and murder...Not helped by the fact that there is s multitude of suspects and a ever growing list of victims to boot...I might be being a bit thick here,but the motive and the overall villain of the crime did sort of elude me here,there were more red herrings than a fish market....But then again no one ever said that this genre ever had to make sense,I mean they very seldom do...At one point I even thought that Hilton was the suspect,(which is ridiculous in hindsight,but there you go)...But putting my confusion aside I was genuinely hooked by this tale, even if I did loose track of who was who,and how they were involved...Not as gory as you might be expecting,but does have a couple of unpleasant scenes,and certainly does not have the high bloody body count of say Tenebrae or Bavas Bay of Blood...But then again not many films have decapitation by a digger,which at the start is believed to be an accident ,not really sure how you accidentally decape some with a bloody great JCB,but there you are that's Giallo...

Old 4th January 2021, 02:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 29

Hide and Go Shriek (1988)

One of the poorest paced slashers i've seen in a long time. Absolutely nothing of interest happens in the first half as some unruly high school numpties decide to spend the night in a furniture store, play hide and seek, shag and eventually get murdered by a mystery killer who may just be the cross dressing night watchman.

Things do improve during the second half and the action becomes frenetic at times plus there was the interesting idea that the killer dressed in the clothes of his victims after each murder, man or woman. The abundance of mannequins on display added a bit of creepy atmosphere too as well as one or two memorable killings - service elevator i'm thinking of you here.

Not a top drawer slasher by any means but certainly watchable even if the first half is a bit of a slog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52284-hide-and-go-shriek-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg (32.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 4th January 2021, 08:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm only watching Japanese films in January (or at least a Japanese film a day in case I fancy an English language film at some point) and it will therefore be known as Japanuary!

Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)

A gentle start to the year with one of my favourite Ghibli films. A tale of a 13 year old witch who has to leave home to learn how to be part of society, things get off to rocky start but eventually all ends well

Burst City (1982)

I'm sad to admit that I was pretty disappointed by this one, I really wanted to like it. It's an experimental punk 'musical'-ish set in a post apocalyptic Japan and as far as the story goes there are 2 rival punk gangs, and erm a pack of street bums Vs an organised crime syndicate, I think... It didn't really make sense... There were some great set pieces though, probably around 30 minutes of good footage among the 115 min running time. I'm happy I streamed it on Amazon rather than pay £20 for the disc on a blind buy!
Thanks about the tip on Burst City, it was one I was looking at but wasn't sure about it, now I know
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 4th January 2021, 08:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A young man whom can see the dead unwittingly becomes a soul hunter, someone who hunts demons. Enjoyable enough with some good fights and interesting monster design. 7/10

A veteran cop is teamed up with a rookie and investigate a number of murders which we soon learn are linked and the killing follow the seven deadly sins. A dark and gritty serial killer film that showed Brad Pitt was not just a pretty face and gave is one of cinema most talked about and well knowing endings, what's in the box? 10/10

Know watching
Old 4th January 2021, 09:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

10 To Midnight, 1983.

A young psychopathic killer is on the loose, a detective and his partner try to track him down and bring him to justice by any means, when the killer is set free the detective goes further to get the killer.

Charles Bronson teams up with J. Lee Thompson and The Cannon Group for this decent thriller of cat and mouse game and a cop that will protect his daughter who may be a target. Cannon were known for doing things on the cheap but the production values for this seem to be decent either Thompson or Bronson may have helped them or the production had high hopes. There is plenty of Tense moments built up that worked well, and some nice female nudity.

10-to-Midnight-Featured.jpg
Old 4th January 2021, 10:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Spiritualist. 2018.

Laura suffering night terrors and sleep paralysis believes her deceased mother is haunting her and reaches out to a medium who holds a seance with Laura's friends, what starts as a night of resolution becomes a night of terror.

How I made it all the way through this film is a miracle, it had Julie T. Wallace and Ian Reddington in it so good plot and decent actors in it for a start but after 20 mins I could tell this was gonna be bad but kept saying it will get better, did it heck, the film did try to add in a twist the dramatically failed and made the film laughable, for background noise it may be suitable just for that.

MV5BMDViOGI2MDktZjg5Mi00YWZlLTg4YTktZDgwMzhlZWI1OWI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDMwODAzMDk@._V1_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!