Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2021, 09:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Replicant. 2001.

A killer known as The Torch, is being hunted by police, scientists under the supervision of NSA decide to clone him and use it as a guide to where he be and who his next target is.

I really enjoyed this movie! The plot was very cool and it kept you thinking and wondering what would happen next. Also Van Damme really acts in this movie!!! Unlike his other movies where he just kicks and punches to the plot he actually does some good acting. I really felt for the Replicant having to learn basic steps over again and learning what life is like outside.

Michael Rooker plays a good part as the detective who spent 3 years trying to capture the killer only to announce his retirement and gets coerced to take on the clone as a partner and having to come up with excuses when the clone messes up like calling him "Special" and having to build up trust.

MV5BNDdhMzMxZWQtZjFhYy00MDkzLWIzMDQtNmMyM2ZmZTEzYzdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_.jpg
Old 5th January 2021, 11:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
10 To Midnight, 1983.

There is plenty of Tense moments built up that worked well, and some nice female nudity.

Attachment 230405
Plenty of male 'stuff' on show as well I enjoyed this one haha
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th January 2021, 05:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Asking For It

I would have to say this is what they used to call quirky tbh. An online journalist is hounded by a stalker. Comedy. Lots of barbed dialogue regarding the current state of play in this modern world. Did seem a tad pat towards the end for all that.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th January 2021, 05:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I Drink Your Blood. 1970.

A bunch of satanic hippies arrive in a small town and cause problems for a small boy when they victimise his grandfather and sister, so he takes revenge on them with disastrous results.

I watched this last year during the first lockdown and even though it's daft...i actually enjoyed it so i thought i'd dig it out again, the acting isn't that great, the gore effects are basically low budget, and stupid, if anyone is infected with rabies take a hint from this film...water from a hose can slow them down. The film is one of those that it's so bad it's so good.

91WqoDzFPFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Old 5th January 2021, 06:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Flavia The Heretic. 1974.

In Italy 1400, a young girl is forced into a monastery for nuns by her father, as she grows up, she begins to resent it. When pilgrims invade she decides to leave and join a Muslim army goes after those who wronged her.

This film combines nunexploitation and some serious drama from the Italians, Florinda Bolkan takes the lead role of the adult Flavia who escapes the nuns, captured and brought back to be punished and seeks revenge. There is one or two more graphic scenes that can make a man cringe yet director Gianfranco Mingozzi managed to make it appear so realistic and so disturbing. Even though the pace can be slow and the battles can be seen as amateurish this is one film I do enjoy going back to every so often.

MV5BYmFlMWM3ZDYtZGU1ZC00NzcyLWFlMDctMWMyMjE3MjcxMGE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_UY1200_CR11.jpg
Old 5th January 2021, 10:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Baba Yaga. 1973. (Extended Edition).

A young Photographer falls under a spell from a witch known as Baba Yaga.

This new version is quite interesting as it shows more interaction between the characters, even though Shameless put the destroyed pieces together and did try to fix them you can tell they are the old print with the changes to the picture and the subtitles. The picture quality is better than other releases, downside is the sound at the start i kept having to turn the volume up and down but the problem does correct itself. At 42 years old, Carroll Baker wasn't shy about getting her kit off and showing her body...MILF, IMO one of the best releases of this film.

91VYAoJ0JjL._AC_SY679_.jpg
Old 6th January 2021, 03:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

SS Girls (1977)

Aka Private House for the S.S. is an ever so slightly sleazy affair from the usually reliable Bruno Mattei.

The sex, nudity and general exploitation elements are very blink and you'll miss em.

Not really.

This is full on Nazisploitation. Girls are trained by Nazi scientists to sexually satisfy high ranking Nazi's in a bid to route out traitors in the SS. Imagine the Jennifer Lawrence movie Red Sparrow but with the actual balls to show girls trained in exploitation f*cking in all it's depraved ways. Even with a German Shepherd (And i don't mean a bloke who looks after sheep).

Much kinky debauchery ensues. Only the dissolutely immoral need apply.

Fantastic stuff!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss-girls-1978.jpg (72.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 6th January 2021, 06:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Enter The Devil (1974, Mario Gariazzo)

From the director of Play Motel, so you knows whats to expects.
A group of enthusiasts purchase a cruciform ... that looks awfy like Ivan Rassimov cough.
A lot of fun this one, though me crappy dvd is a tad trimmed (15 min! ), I do believe tis available under yet another title intact.
What is left is crazed enough, so one of these days ahem ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TEMS.jpg (94.8 KB, 4 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th January 2021, 06:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
SS Girls (1977)

Aka Private House for the S.S. is an ever so slightly sleazy affair from the usually reliable Bruno Mattei.

The sex, nudity and general exploitation elements are very blink and you'll miss em.

Not really.

This is full on Nazisploitation. Girls are trained by Nazi scientists to sexually satisfy high ranking Nazi's in a bid to route out traitors in the SS. Imagine the Jennifer Lawrence movie Red Sparrow but with the actual balls to show girls trained in exploitation f*cking in all it's depraved ways. Even with a German Shepherd (And i don't mean a bloke who looks after sheep).

Much kinky debauchery ensues. Only the dissolutely immoral need apply.

Fantastic stuff!

Indeed. REWATCH!!!

[B]
Old 6th January 2021, 08:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Double bill tribute to Barbara Shelley and Tanya Roberts.

9fed2dd4f91562acf1d3d10b1ccc95ea.jpg
CAT GIRL (1957)

Barbara Shelley returns to her home and is passed the family curse. She has a psychic link to a leopard which acts on her subconscious feelings.
Great little chiller with good atmosphere and tension.

15780-3083.jpg

Tourist_Trap_one-sheet.jpg
TOURIST TRAP (1979)

After trouble with their jeep, a group of friends find themselves invited to an old museum with strange mannequins..
Good horror with some real creepy mannequin effects and a bizzare mask wearing killer.

ccf69ea927185fbf041f9c108f9f52ce.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!