Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179044Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2021, 09:42 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

images.jpg

I dont know what to say about this there are no words its on Netflix if your interested check out the trailer its beyond strange and a little disgusting.
Old 11th January 2021, 09:44 AM
Cult Master

savage-poster.jpg

Danny aka Damage is the brutal and feared enforcer in a street gang. Growing up in a large poor family with an abusive father Danny breaks into a local store to steal some food but he is rumbled by the store owner and he is send to a juvenile facility where he meets Moses who be creates a tight bond with and will later form the gang named Savages.

This is quite the gritty affair following Danny through three stages of his life as a young scared kid trying to help his mother and protect his siblings from their abusive father. The second stage is after he gets out of the juvenile center and himself and Moses start the Savages with just a small few members to he third stage where he gang is massive but there is an internal struggle for power between two different factions. Danny is hard and uncompromising but he is also struggling with the life and constantly fights the urge to go home to see his mother.

Savage paints a pretty realistic picture of a rough life there is no glamourisatition of violence of gang life its dirty and gritty people live is shit hole houses there is no glory in this life there is just barely surviving. My main problem with the film is some of the dialogue was inaudible i had to put on the subtitles to make sure i wasn't missing anything nothing to do with the New Zealand accent just there is a lot of mumbling throughout.

If you like downbeat drama check this out definitely make you want to jump straight into the shower because everyone is filthy in this.

7/10
Old 11th January 2021, 12:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 230514

I dont know what to say about this there are no words its on Netflix if your interested check out the trailer its beyond strange and a little disgusting.
Yes I’ve noticed it being mentioned a lot around the internet and how gross it is,
Old 11th January 2021, 12:58 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Yes I’ve noticed it being mentioned a lot around the internet and how gross it is,
One girl has an anus for a mouth and eats through her ass where her actual mouth is.
Old 11th January 2021, 01:02 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
One girl has an anus for a mouth and eats through her ass where her actual mouth is.
I saw a short film the other week about that exact thing, I wonder if it's been expanded from that?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th January 2021, 01:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sam only told me yesterday we have Amazon prime free for 12 months even tho we’ve already had it for 3month, some good stuff on there few 70/80 cult and cheese horror, final exam, niadb uncut New York ripper, slave of the cannibal gods, toolbox murders and some new stuff like midsommer, parasite yes the film that won best picture and remake of Suspiria, happy days.
nicholasrope and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 11th January 2021, 06:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Arachnophobia (1990)

A lavish B-movie that plays with it's tongue firmly in it's cheek but definitely has it's thrilling moments scare wise. At 105 minutes it feels too long and doesn't really get going aside from one or two close calls with spiders until the hour mark.

Jeff Daniels is okay as the new small town doctor with a spider phobia but John Goodman steals the best lines as a dodgy bug exterminator.

Last night was my very first viewing of this film. I preferred Kingdom of the Spiders (1977)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4189de616ff63efca9c80b8bb222a80e.jpg (95.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 11th January 2021, 06:49 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Arachnophobia (1990)

A lavish B-movie that plays with it's tongue firmly in it's cheek but definitely has it's thrilling moments scare wise. At 105 minutes it feels too long and doesn't really get going aside from one or two close calls with spiders until the hour mark.

Jeff Daniels is okay as the new small town doctor with a spider phobia but John Goodman steals the best lines as a dodgy bug exterminator.

Last night was my very first viewing of this film. I preferred Kingdom of the Spiders (1977)

Not seen this myself dont think ill.bother sounds a bit boring.
Old 11th January 2021, 06:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Not seen this myself dont think ill.bother sounds a bit boring.
It wasn't boring. When i said it had a few close calls with spiders they were pretty good. I think it perhaps missed it's mark with me a little because it had that late 80's Spielberg gloss about it...and that PG rating meant it was never going to be particularly scary.

It's definitely worth a look i'd say.

Anyone who is scared of spiders themselves, well i think it would freak them out big time.
Old 11th January 2021, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It did

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!