Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2021, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I saw it at the cinema when it came out, and then my first ever rewatch last year and I enjoyed it! The end was pretty creepy for me a spider hater!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th January 2021, 08:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Sam only told me yesterday we have Amazon prime free for 12 months even tho we’ve already had it for 3month, some good stuff on there few 70/80 cult and cheese horror, final exam, niadb uncut New York ripper, slave of the cannibal gods, toolbox murders and some new stuff like midsommer, parasite yes the film that won best picture and remake of Suspiria, happy days.
Looool! I just spent ages working out that nidb was "Nightmares In A Damaged Brain!" Doh!!!

Watching Bay of Blood. F13th, Italian style! 10 Little Indians, Italian Style!
Basically, BAVA=ITALIAN STYLE!

10/10
Old 11th January 2021, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Demon says yes ^

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th January 2021, 09:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A army colonel survives a nuclear blast. The following day he is completely healed but is also growing at a alarming rate and is slowly going insane. A enjoyable and silly piece of sci-fi nonesene. 6.5/10

Now watching.

Old 11th January 2021, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Webcast. 2018.

Chloe a young film maker and her friend Ed looks into her family's past and asks questions on her Aunt's disappearance 30 years earlier. One night outside filming a young girl runs from the neighbours house screaming. she is calmed and taken back in, Chloe is told she is a recovering drug addict. When Chloe and Ed start spying on the neighbours they believe something else is wrong.

Suppose everyone has to start somewhere with low budget and create a found footage movie, IMHO this was actually not bad movie, tension is built in it but wouldn't have you on the edge of your seat, Samantha Redford and Joseph Tremain do try and keep the entertainment going as they go looking for answers that nobody wants them to know. It does start of slow and ride it out it 's decent for being a British film, the ending i'm trying to figure out.

MV5BMjZmZjNiNDYtM2IzMy00OWY5LTg2Y2QtYzJjNGNhN2M1YTBkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjc2MzY5NTU@._V1_UY268_CR3,0.jpg
Old 11th January 2021, 10:38 PM
Cult Veteran

The Karate Kid Part II (1986)

I kind of cheated on my Japanuary, but it does take place almost entirely in Okinawa so that counts, right?

I have seen this one before but I pretty much couldn't recall any of the plot, I thought it had something to do with bonsai trees, I guess that's the third one??

Well I liked it, almost nothing happens and there are little to no training an/or fighting scenes but it had the feels. I guess though I'll wait until February to watch the next one and view a proper Japanese film tomorrow...

Old 12th January 2021, 12:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Witchcraft (1964)

When her grave is disturbed by land developers, a 300-year-old witch is accidentally resurrected and terrorizes the descendants of those who destroyed her coven and buried her alive.

Starring the great Lon Chaney Jr as modern day warlock Morgan Whitlock and Colditz star Jack Hedley as the head of the development company, the film has a lot of potential, however a less than legendary performance from Chaney, who director Don Sharp says could only film in a morning due to his daily consumption of a bottle or two of vodka whilst filming, means it's all a bit of a minor piece when it could have been so much better.

There are some delicious bits of wicked witchery involving voodoo dolls, runes and black robed occult practices which add a lot of atmosphere to proceedings even giving the idea that it could play as a sister film to 1960's City of the Dead. Yvette Rees who plays the resurrected witch, Vanessa Whitlock, gives a memorable if wordless performance, her icy presence giving her scenes a lovely tinge of Gothic horror especially when appearing in the bedroom of Hedley's daughter. The film has a couple of terrific set pieces including a couple of possessed or spellbound car journeys that result in tragedy, and is overall a very enjoyable watch.

One of those films i always return to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg witchcraft.jpg (73.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 12th January 2021, 01:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Urge To Kill (1989, Derek Ford)

Record producer Bono Zorro lives in a hi tech abode ... run by his trusty computer called S.E.X.Y. .... where he entertains the ladies (cue Beastie Boys ...) all night long. The stunted dialogue is worth the watch alone
Don't recognise the name? You should as he wrote Corruption and Don't Open Til Xmas among many others .....
An oddity. The least "sexy" thing I've seen since Water Power tbh
Recommended!!!! NOT SOV, just a poor print ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th January 2021, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The Karate Kid Part II (1986)

I kind of cheated on my Japanuary, but it does take place almost entirely in Okinawa so that counts, right?

I have seen this one before but I pretty much couldn't recall any of the plot, I thought it had something to do with bonsai trees, I guess that's the third one??

Well I liked it, almost nothing happens and there are little to no training an/or fighting scenes but it had the feels. I guess though I'll wait until February to watch the next one and view a proper Japanese film tomorrow...
It was that long ago since I saw them I practically forgot the plot on any of the films, hence why I watched all 3 recently due to being on tv. The plot you’re thinking about with the bonsai tree is part 3 they try to open up a bonsai shop.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 12th January 2021, 02:34 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
It was that long ago since I saw them I practically forgot the plot on any of the films, hence why I watched all 3 recently due to being on tv. The plot you’re thinking about with the bonsai tree is part 3 they try to open up a bonsai shop.
I watched the trailer for the third one last night and yeah, that's the one I was thinking of, something to look forward to I guess

Like this? Share it using the links below!