Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2010, 12:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Legion first half was amazing, loved it.
But then the last half ruined it, they had so much going for it and they had to mess it up.
Its the reason why I aint sure that I wanna buy it until price drops.

I saw Shelter last night, just like Legion it had alot going for it and had some good ideas but during the first half the director did not know where he was going with it. The final explanation while it did work was kinda stupid IMO and the ending sucked and was predicatable.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 30th July 2010, 07:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Legion first half was amazing, loved it.
But then the last half ruined it, they had so much going for it and they had to mess it up.
Its the reason why I aint sure that I wanna buy it until price drops.
yeah the last 30 mins or so really let the film down,shame cuz the first hour was great
Old 30th July 2010, 07:39 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have Legion to watch as a review disc, probably early next week, so I'll let you know what I think about it when I know!
Old 30th July 2010, 10:57 PM
Active Cultist

Triangle.

One of the better mainstream movies I've seen this year. Melissa George is great, the cinematography is great and it was paced really well.

Usually at some point 'gimmick' movies fall on their arse for me at an overly silly junction. This one didn't which means its very good.
Old 31st July 2010, 12:33 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Gee, its been ages from I posted here.
Recently watched Transmorphers and the prequel Transmorphers - Fall of Man on Cable (SyFy i think). Low budget post and pre ' robots take over the world ' apocalypse films.
Great fun. (the sfx has to be seen to be believed)

Love goddess of the Cannibal's was another recent watch. (Sham) Very enjoyable film IMHO . Also revisited a few of the 'nasties' this week due to the recent interest on the boards .
Old 31st July 2010, 12:50 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Gee, its been ages from I posted here.
Recently watched Transmorphers and the prequel Transmorphers - Fall of Man on Cable (SyFy i think). Low budget post and pre ' robots take over the world ' apocalypse films.
Great fun. (the sfx has to be seen to be believed)

Those are on nearly every week on Syfy here as well. I've gotta try and watch them now. It's the film equivalent of going to the pound shop and buying Converter Robots.
Old 31st July 2010, 05:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just watched Leterrier's remake of:

Clash Of The Titans on BD

I agree with most of the reviews that it was a little shallow. Unlilke the original, there was no atmosphere and very little imagination had gone into it. Sam Worthington's accent was annoying - nowhere in Avatar did his Aussie accent come through like it did in COTT! Also rather irritating were the constant Braveheart/Gladiator like speeches that lead to nowhere. The image on the BD was nice enough, but the DTS HD audio was very underwhelming. There was hardly any use of the rears until the Kraken arrived at the end. Oh and the Medusa scene was nowhere as creepy as the original, even with the dated stop motion. Give me the original anyday.
Old 31st July 2010, 08:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Just watched Leterrier's remake of:

Clash Of The Titans on BD

I agree with most of the reviews that it was a little shallow. Unlilke the original, there was no atmosphere and very little imagination had gone into it. Sam Worthington's accent was annoying - nowhere in Avatar did his Aussie accent come through like it did in COTT! Also rather irritating were the constant Braveheart/Gladiator like speeches that lead to nowhere. The image on the BD was nice enough, but the DTS HD audio was very underwhelming. There was hardly any use of the rears until the Kraken arrived at the end. Oh and the Medusa scene was nowhere as creepy as the original, even with the dated stop motion. Give me the original anyday.
The medusa scene was the most underwhelming for me. The original scene is one of my favourite scenes ever and is by far the highlight of the original.

Also the Kraken was very similar to the Cloverfield monster
Old 31st July 2010, 10:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Also the Kraken was very similar to the Cloverfield monster
Ya know MBV, I felt the same ... would have been good as the Cloverfield monster.
Old 31st July 2010, 11:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched Breeders on VHS today - supposedly one of the first ever purposefully direct-to-video films ever so it's pretty important. And it's just what you'd expect from a DTV film - pure cheese and sleaze. Stupid story about an alien that rapes virgins. The gore looked pretty good (bladders were all the rage in the 80's eh?! ) and there's plenty of nudity if you're looking for that. I enjoyed it anyways.

Like this? Share it using the links below!