LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2010, 11:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Just watched Leterrier's remake of:

Clash Of The Titans on BD

I agree with most of the reviews that it was a little shallow. Unlilke the original, there was no atmosphere and very little imagination had gone into it. Sam Worthington's accent was annoying - nowhere in Avatar did his Aussie accent come through like it did in COTT! Also rather irritating were the constant Braveheart/Gladiator like speeches that lead to nowhere. The image on the BD was nice enough, but the DTS HD audio was very underwhelming. There was hardly any use of the rears until the Kraken arrived at the end. Oh and the Medusa scene was nowhere as creepy as the original, even with the dated stop motion. Give me the original anyday.
I saw it at the IMAX. The 3-D was really pointless and looked very cardboard-cutout in parts. In general I thought it was a pretty shallow stoney-faced remake that was popcorn fun but not much else. A huge waste of someone like Liam Neeson too. I'll also agree with the Medusa scene. Harryhausen's Medusa was way more sinister.
Old 31st July 2010, 11:31 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Clash was one of these films That was converted to 3D after filming. That could have been the problem.
Old 31st July 2010, 11:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched lucio fulci
New york ripper to be honest i wasnt realy that impressed with it, i sort of didnt take 2 it sort of found it well not realy that interesting and was just kind of watching it for sake of watching it...and for the notority its got i was kind of expecting more out of it
But to be truthfully at the same time i not a realy big fan of lucio fulci i think he over rated imo, dont get me wrong im not saying his films or rubbish owt. he has made some cracking films just dont think some of his films are as gr8 as made out to be , give me Dario Argento any day
Old 31st July 2010, 11:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Clash was one of these films That was converted to 3D after filming. That could have been the problem.
Yeah, anything to try and stop people downloading.

I do want to try and see Avatar when it's re-released. Still want Friday 13th 3-D just for the fun.

My worst ever 3-D experience was actually non 3-D. when I was a kid I used to work at the local ABC cinema collecting tickets during the holidays and literally had to sit through two showings a day of Jaws 3-D but not in 3-D for a week. It was a bad enough film anyway!
Old 31st July 2010, 11:50 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Not only was Clash converted to 3D after filming but it was done in a massive rush to cash in on the success of Avatar.
Old 31st July 2010, 11:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Yeah, anything to try and stop people downloading.

I do want to try and see Avatar when it's re-released. Still want Friday 13th 3-D just for the fun.

My worst ever 3-D experience was actually non 3-D. when I was a kid I used to work at the local ABC cinema collecting tickets during the holidays and literally had to sit through two showings a day of Jaws 3-D but not in 3-D for a week. It was a bad enough film anyway!

3d films in them days seem impresive at the time because it was newish. but looking back and compare it to 3d now they where awful, especialy when i think it was ch4 had the 3d week and you got a piece of carboard glasses one side was red and other blue (i think) you got free out of the papers, and half of the 3d scenes barely worked
Old 1st August 2010, 12:06 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I remember seeing Creature From The Black Lagoon in 3-D on tv years and years ago. Probably been at least 25 years now. I doubt anything will beat Terminator 2 3-D at Universal Studios for me. Absolutely stunning.

Actually, when I went to see Clash, there was a trailer for some cheesy-looking dance movie in 3-D and that was way better.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:20 AM
Cult Rookie

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 10/10

I watched this with a friend today who had never seen it. Such a classic film and still holds up just as well as it did the first time I saw it. Also the Blu-ray is stunning. It still keeps that low budget grainy look but at the same time almost magnitizes it to a sharper picture.
Old 1st August 2010, 10:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
3d films in them days seem impresive at the time because it was newish. but looking back and compare it to 3d now they where awful, especialy when i think it was ch4 had the 3d week and you got a piece of carboard glasses one side was red and other blue (i think) you got free out of the papers, and half of the 3d scenes barely worked
It's simply that 3D doesnt work on TV. I saw Jaws 3D way back in 83 and loved it!! I may be the only one... but the 3D worked as it was designed for dual lens projection. Watching old blue/green red style 3D will never work on TV cos it just wasn't designed for it. I would love to see Friday 3D at the cinema as that is where it belongs. The 3D week on C4 was just pointless. The new shutter glass 3D TV does work though if you get chance to take a look at a demo in stores.
Old 1st August 2010, 10:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
It's simply that 3D doesnt work on TV. I saw Jaws 3D way back in 83 and loved it!! I may be the only one... but the 3D worked as it was designed for dual lens projection. Watching old blue/green red style 3D will never work on TV cos it just wasn't designed for it. I would love to see Friday 3D at the cinema as that is where it belongs. The 3D week on C4 was just pointless. The new shutter glass 3D TV does work though if you get chance to take a look at a demo in stores.

Yes fri 13th was good a cinema shame the actual film wasnt
seen quite a few films now at pics in 3d, my stash of black glasses is huge

Fri 13th
my bloody valentine
final destination 4 and others
Been twice to try and watch toy story in 3d but each time we went both screens 3d and normal where full
Yes also seen a 3d tv playing a 3d film with the glasses yes it extremely impressive. as good as a 3d film at the pics

Like this? Share it using the links below!