Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2021, 11:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

“Friday the 13th part VI : Jason Lives”

Solid slasher movie! The beginning and the end are brilliant, and all the bits in the middle are great too. This one is a return to form after part V which I found disappointing. Definitely one of my favourites from the series.

Great end credit’s song too...

http://youtu.be/K-XAjEyrqOs

IMG_8274.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28th January 2021, 11:52 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
“Friday the 13th part VI : Jason Lives”

Solid slasher movie! The beginning and the end are brilliant, and all the bits in the middle are great too. This one is a return to form after part V which I found disappointing. Definitely one of my favourites from the series.

Great end credit’s song too...

http://youtu.be/K-XAjEyrqOs

Attachment 230920

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its my favourite of the lot.
Old 28th January 2021, 11:54 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Jackass The Movie

With stunts that could not be shown on TV, The Jacksass Gang appear in their 1st feature length theatrical release. Some really funny stunts which involve Johnny Knoxville Boxing Butterbean in a Department Store as well as blowing a Air Horn when Golfers are about to Tee Off. Also the looks on their faces when they realize what they have let themselves in for are priceless e.g. Johnny Knoxville reacting to the Riot Control Gun demonstration before he was about to be used on him and Ryan Dunn's face at the Women Kick Boxer, he was about to face was priceless.

I definitely like the stunts but not the gross out ones. Watching this gave me memories of watching the show in the 2000's, this is definitely the best of the 3 films. These guys were the pioneers of this particular genre.

Number 2, I didn't like because it featured too many gross out scenes but 3 was good.

Thank You For Smoking

Intelligent film in which Aaron Eckheart is the lobbyist for Tobacco Companies. His sarcastic wit shines through in a film that doesn't insult the viewer. This film has great performances all round especially from Eckheart and William H. Macy as the Politician who wants to put warning signs on Cigarettes.
Never a fan of anything with shit or puking in jackass never saw the need for it all the other stuff was great.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 28th January 2021, 11:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Guardians of the Galaxy. It was alright, I couldn't really get into it this time.
Old 29th January 2021, 02:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Thats the one D just watched the trailer and its in it cheers.

Ah, the memory's not completely gone then ... phew
Nordicdusk likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th January 2021, 02:57 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post

Ah, the memory's not completely gone then ... phew
Better memory than me i only saw the film a few months back
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 29th January 2021, 11:58 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

THX 1138
Where one of the characters state...... ‘We’re all in this together....’

Seventies sci fi season this week.......the classic WESTWORLD tonight.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th January 2021, 03:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Thank You For Smoking

Intelligent film in which Aaron Eckheart is the lobbyist for Tobacco Companies. His sarcastic wit shines through in a film that doesn't insult the viewer. This film has great performances all round especially from Eckheart and William H. Macy as the Politician who wants to put warning signs on Cigarettes.
A film I've sadly only seen once. From memory, I thought it was smart and funny. It also contains one of my favourite lines: "The great state of Vermont will not apologise for its cheese!"

Old 29th January 2021, 09:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A highly enjoyable , well acted and stylish cops and robbers film. Only downside it maybe could of done with a little less of there domestic lives. 9/10

The latest Batman animated feature, Bruce is approached by a pupil of his old martial arts master, a item has been stolen and he needs Bruce's help to retrieve it, they team up with the other pupils to stop a evil cult that wants too release a snake god on the world. Had a very 70s spy/ bond feel too it, but at times you thought what was the point of batman as he was second fiddle at times and seems to be the weakest of the group. 6.8/10

Now watching

Last edited by trebor8273; 29th January 2021 at 10:37 PM.
Old 29th January 2021, 09:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Black Room. 1982.

Larry is looking for some excitement outside his marriage rents a room in a mansion from a brother and sister who kill the females that come and harvest their blood.

This was a different take on the vampire genre movies, there is a creepy house, voyeuristic tendencies, naked men and woman, and no fangs just blood transfusion ways of having the blood of the females administered in to the body. Despite the low budget all the main leads do give out good strong performances pretty well, there isn't much of suspense or tension but good dark atmosphere. Sorry guys although Linnea Quigley is in this, her kit stays on...but she does wear some nice short shorts.

mqdefault.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!