LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2021, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Surprising how many directors debut films are outstanding,
Tarantino, reservoir dogs

Hugh Hudson Chariots of fire

George A. Romero Night of the living dead

Well Joe penna Arctic comes as no exception, it’s simple, gripping, and effective about one mans fight for survival in the wilderness in the Arctic after crashing his own light aircraft, when he thought he was about to get rescued by a chopper that crash lands because of the weather and leaves one survivor a female, the Rest of the film is about trying to survive and save the female as well while she badly hurt and dying, everything about this film is beautifully shot, the acting, the cinematography, the music score, scenery etc, highly recommend.
Old 3rd February 2021, 11:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blade. 1998.

Half human half vampire Blade is on a crusade to rid the world of vampires while searching for one vampire Deacon Frost who's goal is to become the ultimate vampire.

Decent comic book turned feature length film with Wesley Snipes when he was in his prime of action movies from Passenger 57 and Demolition Man, here he is teamed with Whistler played by Kris Kristofferson, who are hunting down Stephen Dorf who wants to full fill a vampire prophecy and becoming a god..there is always one bad guy who wants to be a god. The martial arts and stunts are decently done as well the visual effects and cinematography, what makes things blend to this film well is the background soundtrack, Stephen Norrington done well with the script by David S. Goyer.

Blade_movie.jpg
Old 4th February 2021, 01:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blade II. 2002.

Blade forms a alliance with a group of vampires who have been training to take him down to hunt a new strain of vampires who feed on humans and vampires.

Guillermo Del Toro does the directing here with a creative mind that only he does best and gives us a new form of vampires, this one is darker and better with the lights off to enjoy it more, Kris Kristofferson returns and even a bigger badass and Norman Rebus as helper Skud. This one doesn't really have any character building except Nomak played by Luke Goss who makes a convincing vampire and his father Damaskinos played by Thomas Kretschmann.

The fight scenes are choreographed well in this film which are done by Donnie Yin who has a small role in here and we all love Ron Perlman in this who seems to have a bad attitude towards Blade, the soundtrack is better in than than the previous film. I'm going to avoid the third film as I watched it twice and never really enjoyed it.

p29238_p_v10_af.jpg
Old 4th February 2021, 12:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

There is a fantastic 1hr interview between Kim Newman and Roger Corman on the new The Masque of the Red Death release. It was filmed on stage at the BFI in 2013 and focuses mainly on his gothic cycle but also touches on his well known films between A Bucket of Blood in 1959 and The Terror in 1968.

It's definitely a worth a watch if you've bought the new disc.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th February 2021, 01:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
There is a fantastic 1hr interview between Kim Newman and Roger Corman on the new The Masque of the Red Death release. It was filmed on stage at the BFI in 2013 and focuses mainly on his gothic cycle but also touches on his well known films between A Bucket of Blood in 1959 and The Terror in 1968.

It's definitely a worth a watch if you've bought the new disc.
Even though i preordered the set i was thinking of saving the whole thing until this Christmas Eve.

Less than 11 months away.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 4th February 2021, 01:16 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Even though i preordered the set i was thinking of saving the whole thing until this Christmas Eve.

Less than 11 months away.
It'll be worth the wait it looks amazing and vibrant. I couldn't wait that long though, I had it playing within 3 hours of it arriving I was excited
Demoncrat and Nordicdusk like this.

Old 4th February 2021, 01:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It'll be worth the wait it looks amazing and vibrant. I couldn't wait that long though, I had it playing within 3 hours of it arriving I was excited
It's not like i haven't seen the film loads of times.

I actually only bought it for the extras if i'm honest.

I mean. Is a shitty February when plague stalks the land really the right time to watch this movie?
Old 4th February 2021, 01:47 PM
Cult Veteran

Any time of the year is fine to watch Hazel Court sear an inverted crucifix into her breast and pronouncing herself Satan's handmaiden!

Old 4th February 2021, 02:21 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I mean. Is a shitty February when plague stalks the land really the right time to watch this movie?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 056 - Perfect Night.jpg (88.9 KB, 3 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th February 2021, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Superman II. The Richard Donnor Cut.

The Last son of Krypton sacrifices his birthright to be human and start a relationship unaware three Kryptonian criminals are heading to earth to rule.

Filmed with Superman before being fired and 75% filmed, Richard Donnor should have never been replaced, as we see more of Marlon Brando as Jor-El, and stock footage of Superman turning the world back round. The editing and sound it's not the best as it does seem jumpy and the sound goes lower but we do see The White House getting wrecked by General Zod and his two minions. This version did eventually grow on me and have come to enjoy it a lot especially with Lois trying to prove Clark is Superman.

Attachment 231057
I’ve never seen this version , is there a big difference ? is it same film just trimmed down, or bits that are completely different ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!