Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2021, 07:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dead Snow 2: Red Vs Dead. 2014.

Sole survivor Martin is given a new arm, and goes against Herzog once again who is creating a new army. Martin teamed with zombie enthusiasts bring their own army to the fight.

Why did I wait so long to see the sequel, the first was good, fast fast paced and very bloody and gory, this one went the extra mile and even more laughable moments. The film starts where the second one ended with Martin doing a voice over and complaining about his new arm and learns to live with it. Tommy Wirkola returns to the director's chair and gave us a decent sequel that will be re-watched plenty of times.

sddefault.jpg
Old 11th February 2021, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death Race 2000. 1975.

In a dystopian future America, a annual race is held that requires the drivers to gain top points by killing innocent pedestrians.

This is one of these science-fiction action movies that's well outdated yet still enjoyable to watch, David Carradine fresh from the T.V. show Kung Fu plays the hero Frankenstein, while Sly Stallone plays somewhat villain Machine Gun Joe who seems to complain about everyone and everything to the point it is like someone just kill him and get it over and done with.

The script for this film is a series of well delivered cliches strung together with cleverly choreographed racing action sequences, this film appears, at first rally hardcore then turns into comedic celebration of violence, but it's really a very campy comment on the use of violence in sport and entertainment.

91c4a81d84b8799d56ead40785afafe2.jpg
Old 12th February 2021, 12:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A.W.O.L. 1990.

Lyon goes on the run from the French Legion after his brother is killed and participates in underground fighting for money to support his brother's family.

This is a solid decent movie about a real gladiator fights in which are no rules, no judges, no rewards, but real fights real actions only for the money. This is a real good martial arts action film finding Van Damme near the peak of his career. This is definitely one of his better films ( along with Bloodsport, Kickboxer and Death Warrant) and worthy of repeated viewings. The fight scenes are brilliantly choreographed, by Van Damme, Michel Qissi, and Frank Dux with added in decent acting.

513Kx-c0kdL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Old 12th February 2021, 03:06 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched the new Nicolas Cage film, Willy's Wonderland, earlier today. The word that comes to mind is Bonkers! Cage doesn't utter a single word in the film either.

IMG_8244.jpg
Old 12th February 2021, 03:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Watched the new Nicolas Cage film, Willy's Wonderland, earlier today. The word that comes to mind is Bonkers! Cage doesn't utter a single word in the film either

Attachment 231273
Is that a bad thing?
Old 12th February 2021, 03:46 PM
Active Cultist

Great movie, nice kills & the catholic background gives a nice creepy vibe. That mask will haunt me for a couple of days. lol
Old 12th February 2021, 03:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Is that a bad thing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C3C31EBB-46A0-4723-981D-F8BF4411DC11.jpeg (28.6 KB, 5 views)
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 12th February 2021, 05:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Is that a bad thing?

Not at all
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 12th February 2021, 08:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Uncle Buck (1989)

An enjoyable comedy from the John Hughes production line that allows the greatly missed John Candy to shine as the titular uncle asked to look after his brother's kids for a week.

Some of the humour falls flat and some of it seems out of place - 'Do you know any dildo jokes?'- but on the whole this still stands up thirty years later.

Might this have been Macaulay Culkin's springboard to the role of Home Alone's Kevin McCallister? Both Miles in this and Kevin share similar traits.
You're right, according to the Channel 5 Documentary on Home Alone over Christmas stated that this got Macaulay Culkin the role.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 12th February 2021, 08:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Kong: Skull Island, 2017.

After the Vietnam War, group of people along with some U.S. soldiers explore a uncharted island and soon find King Kong and other monsters, along with a pilot who crashed there in 1944.

Second time seeing this and enjoyed it as much the first time seeing it, okay the acting from some does seem a bit wooden at times but you can't deny the effects that were made even for Kong himself looks decent. Some of the plot seems daft and a little bit funny that doesn't go over the top but there are some familiar faces in this.

John Goodman and Corey Corey Hawkins play the company guys who want finance for their expedition and hire Tom Hiddleston as a guide, Samuel L. Jackson plays the colonel who leads a team in to the island and finds the truth about it and wages a war man against beast and John C. Reilly as the 19944 pilot who survived the island. Entertaining.

Attachment 231229
This was a plesent surprise.
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!