All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2021, 07:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
A.W.O.L. 1990.

Lyon goes on the run from the French Legion after his brother is killed and participates in underground fighting for money to support his brother's family.

This is a solid decent movie about a real gladiator fights in which are no rules, no judges, no rewards, but real fights real actions only for the money. This is a real good martial arts action film finding Van Damme near the peak of his career. This is definitely one of his better films ( along with Bloodsport, Kickboxer and Death Warrant) and worthy of repeated viewings. The fight scenes are brilliantly choreographed, by Van Damme, Michel Qissi, and Frank Dux with added in decent acting.

Attachment 231265
Loved this film. I did not know that the Actor who played Tong Po was in this nor did i know that he was in Blood Sport either.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 12th February 2021, 08:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Loved this film. I did not know that the Actor who played Tong Po was in this nor did i know that he was in Blood Sport either.
Both Qissi brothers (Michel and Abdel) usually team up with Van Damme in his movies either in front of the camera or behind the scenes. Took me a while to recognize Tong Po as well.
Old 12th February 2021, 08:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Fist Fighter

A man travels to Bolivia to fight the man (Matthias Hues) who killed his best friend. Whilst there he is thrown in a Bolivian Prison. This is one of the lesser known films of this type during the late 80's-early 90's and while it's not the best movie of this particular genre, it delivers what is promised, it's worth a watch every now and again and that is what I want.

I Know What You Did Last Summer

A group of friends accidentally kill a man and after making a pact never to mention it again they reunite after a year but someone starts killing off people around them. I believe that this the 2nd film in the late 90's Teen Slasher genre (After Scream) and even though this is the 1st time seeing it after renting it out, i enjoyed it.

Racing Stripes

A Zebra believes it is a Race Horse and ends up competing in a big Horse Race. Decent Family fodder with Dustin Hoffman and Whoppi Goldberg providing the voices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ff.jpg (12.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ikwydls.jpg (12.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg rs.jpg (14.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 12th February 2021, 08:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cube. 1997.

Six strangers from different ways of life are placed in a maze and try to figure out how to get out.

Despite this being a low budget and probably back then unknown cast, this does deliver a very tense movie, put a rat in a maze and it will figure out which way is exit, put humans in a maze that is designed to hurt and can they figure it out?

There is ways to look at this, is it a test done on how people can work together and look at their characteristics and professions and can they work side by side. Is it a place to test out new methods of death traps? or is it one big Rubic's Cube that can change on it's own free will and confuse those that are inside it? Either way this was really good even up to the end.

Cube_poster.jpg
Old 12th February 2021, 08:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Regarding Cube, I'm pretty sure that in a unique role reversal, I believe that there is a Japanese re-make on the way.
Old 12th February 2021, 08:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Regarding Cube, I'm pretty sure that in a unique role reversal, I believe that there is a Japanese re-make on the way.
Yeah your right right Nicholas, that may be interesting to see as Japanese films do go the extra mile with their killings in films.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 12th February 2021, 10:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Here you go.

nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Old 12th February 2021, 10:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Collector. 2009.

Arkin, a ex con working as a handyman in a secluded house, decides to go back when the owners are away to rob it in order to pay of his ex wife's debt, unaware that someone else has targeted the house and rigged it with a series of deadly traps.

When I first saw this on a blind buy I thought it would be another slasher film , to my surprise this is like a Saw movie in a house that was decently done, even the bear traps had me and still cringing at it. Josh Stewart man's up as the lead actor as ex con turned hero type who comes out with more than just scratches and bruises.

This one does goes back to basic horror using props and no CGI effects needed, Marcus Dunstan who co-wrote this with Patrick Melton seemed to take a leaf from creating the Saw IV and V films and created something new and gave the audience a bloody good horror film with tense and gore sequences.

the-collector-movie-poster-2009-1020498072.jpg
Old 12th February 2021, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Here you go.

Oh heck yeah
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 12th February 2021, 11:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Scarlet Diva (2000)

Asia Argento directs and stars in this shot on digital expose of a couple of weeks in the life of Asia Argento.

Asia plays actress Anna Battista who after picking up an award in Hollywood, gets f*cked in her trailer, returns to Paris finds her best friend hogtied naked, buys drugs, takes drugs, gets f*cked, goes to a gig, gets f*cked by the singer, buys more drugs, goes to LA, gets sexually harassed in a hotel room by a movie exec for a blow job (Hmm, i wonder), reunites with rock star who tells her to f*ck off...

This is practically gorilla film making. It's rough, it's hard to watch at times but it's quite captivating all the same in it's exploration of a damaged individual seeking a way out. Scarlet Diva isn't something that everyone will like due to it's matter of factness regarding sex, drugs, more sex and more drugs but last night was my third viewing and i think it gets better every time.

Daria Nicolodi plays Anna's mother by the way.

Like this? Share it using the links below!