Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th October 2008 07:38 PM

La Tezra Madre is great mindless fun Hal....
THE EXTERMINATOR is a classic......If you're lying,I'll be back......:cool:

cloud 8th October 2008 09:25 PM

You should have gone for the R1 version of MoT for an extra couple of quid, it has extras. Us miserable Mancs want the complete package ;).

Halloween_22 8th October 2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 15410)
Chud 2,i aint seen in years,mainly because as a sequel to the brilliant original,it sucked bigtime,and was about as funny as a dose of herpes.
Again,let me know what you think of it.If you aint got the original,you could do a lot worse than pick up the anchor bay r1,which has a different ending from the old medusa vhs(the ending to this,featuring a young john goodman is roughly two thirds in to the ab release. Strange.)

Exterminator is class. Ghosts of edendale is sov,which detracts a whole lot from the feel of the film.

Apart from that,enjoy your flicks hal.:D;)

Cheers mate ;) Not in the mood for MOT tonight so I'm thinking of giving CHUD 2 a bash. I'll let you know what I reckon tomorrow. Think I might have to pick up that AB CHUD on R1 you mentioned aswell as I currently only own the Medusa VHS (still haven't got round to upgrading a good chunk of my videos yet :blush:). Too busy buying other stuff, I'm sure I'll get round to it one of these days.

Halloween_22 8th October 2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 15411)
La Tezra Madre is great mindless fun Hal....
THE EXTERMINATOR is a classic......If you're lying,I'll be back......:cool:

Cool. Been looking forward to seeing Exterminator for ages, was so gutted when my video of it arrived and didn't work. Got Exterminator 2 on video aswell but I've been holding out on watching it until I got another copy of the first one.

I love the follow up tagline aswell.... He knew you were lying :p

vincenzo 8th October 2008 10:40 PM

The Exterminator was another film that had many a BBFC problem. Cut for cinema, then cut further (and MUCH heavier) for video, partly restored for the Synergy DVD in 2000 (similar cuts as the cinema version but restoring the stabbing of Steve James), and then finally passed uncut for the Optimum DVD.

The cinema/video of Exterminator 2 was also heavily cut. Alas it hasn't been re-released here since but it wouldn't pose any censor problems now.

TALL DUDE 9th October 2008 04:45 PM

The beheading scene was pretty nasty,as its done in slo mo. Yeuch!

After my scourge on the falkirk branch of poundland,i popped into hmv,and ended up spending more money i aint got.Bloody hell,its an addiction right enough.
Anyways got rottweiler for six quid,snoop doggs hood of horror for a fiver,the chair for six quid and the shameless release of flavia the heretic for seven quid. All the other shameless titles in the horror section were all 13 nicker.

Had a halloween horror section too,nightmare on elm street five for 2 quid.I was almost tempted,but then i remembered how shite the film was.:D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th October 2008 05:06 PM

Recieved THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA from Australia today-looking forward to it again.....:)

mark meakin 9th October 2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 15458)
Recieved THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA from Australia today-looking forward to it again.....:)

I'll be very interested to know what the quality is like mate compared to the OOP Anchor Bay disc I have.Is it fullscreen or in its correct aspect ratio ?.There is an Italian release available online from DVD.IT (dvd Italia) but I've no idea what it's like.I regard SROD as one of the best in the series despite many thinking the opposite especially genre critics.It was actually the first Chris Lee Dracula I ever saw one saturday night on a BBC 2 double bill.

mark meakin 9th October 2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 15456)
Anyways got rottweiler for six quid,snoop doggs hood of horror for a fiver,the chair for six quid and the shameless release of flavia the heretic for seven quid. :D

I'll probably pick up Flavia & Torso tomorrow in Derby.I saw Brian Yuzna's Rottweiler on Zone Horror & thought it was one of his worst films sadly:(.I like the look of Hood Of Horror as I'm a sucker for anthology films.I don't know if you've seen the OOP r1 disc of Tales From The Hood but that was pretty entertaining .

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th October 2008 05:18 PM

You're a lucky person having that dvd Mark-I've just opened it to find that it's identiclal to that bloody cheap fullscreen U.S. disc!:mad:
Check out www.ezydvd.com for the artwork shown Mark-I'm sure you'll agree,even in fullscreen that the beautiful artwork shown is irresistable.....:headbang: