Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th August 2010 12:22 PM

"Why isn't BE watching any films?"
"It's must be that time of month again." ;)

DeadAlive 5th August 2010 02:12 PM

Island Of Death
This film did nothing for me at all. I know this film was made deliberately to shock, but I found the whole thing to be a bore. :bored:

gag 5th August 2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 95709)
What did you think of it in general?

I've heard Breaking Point is a tough watch and it's something I can't ever see getting released here.

i was expecting more from it from the things i heard but i supppose u always do when u hear so much about a film, It wasnt bad but at same times wasnt exactly spectacular either, i hrd it what inspired quentin to do killl bill, apart from the hardcore xxx scenes there realy isnt much in the film that y i think it should sail easily if it was released over here.. havent seen breaking point i try and watch nxt wk im away from today up scotland with work till tue.....

gag 5th August 2010 02:25 PM

Can any 1 confirm this i heard that the eye scene ppl go on about (wasnt as bad as ppl make out lasted mere few secs ) was used on a realy dead body of some 1 who commited suicide surely that cant be true ??

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th August 2010 02:52 PM

I'm pretty much locked into a habit where I will watch at least two films at night, sometimes as many as four. Before embarking on a Psycho binge, I'm currently midway through The Work of Director Anton Corbjin who really is an extraordinary director with a terrific selection of music videos to his name. He's no Spike Jonze or Chris Cunningham but there are some terrific videos on this disc which I've rented boat will probably end up buying.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th August 2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 95741)
"Why isn't BE watching any films?"
"It's must be that time of month again." ;)

:pound:

It's so true though. :o :lol:

pedromonkey 5th August 2010 05:10 PM

watched LEGION last night, it was pretty good, everyone is saying how the last 20 minutes ruined the film, not for me although did they need to use the ending of Terminator for the ending of this... Paul Bettany was badass though..

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th August 2010 06:36 PM

I thought Legion was awful. It's by no means the worst film I've seen this year, but it doesn't even make the 'mediocre' pile.

I just watched Psycho on BD which is fantastic, a true horror masterpiece that looks and sounds better than it ever has. On with the commentary now...

Sargento 5th August 2010 07:14 PM

Just watched ..

... The Lovely Bones

A very moving film, terrifically directed by Jackson (did you spot him in the camera shop?). I had read good and bad reviews, but wanted to see it out of curiosity and TBH I really enjoyed it. Imagine Ghost ... but with a kiddy fiddler and none of the comedy, and you pretty much have the story. Beautiful looking imagery and music set an uncomfortable yet gripping film.

re.form 6th August 2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 95675)
i thought the wave was brilliant.

Yeah I liked it. Simplified a hugely controversial subject really well.

Recently watched:

Operation: Endgame (avoid this at all costs)

Mad Max. It's been years since I last watched it. Enjoyed.