Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179046Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2021, 11:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th March 2021, 12:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Couldn't resist that one
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 24th March 2021, 05:59 PM
Active Cultist

We are always talking about our amount of movies on the pile to watch, I think I bought this Hammer Boxset like 6 years ago

So I'm going trough all the movies, slowly, because sometimes you can catch a movie like "She" or "Slave Girls" and you regret your decision of opening the boxset

Unfortunately Scars of Dracula it's not great either.. it's a little boring, Mr. Lee seems to be there for the paycheck - there is not really a true nemesis for Dracula, the only good thing is the gore & violence.
Old 24th March 2021, 06:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post

We are always talking about our amount of movies on the pile to watch, I think I bought this Hammer Boxset like 6 years ago

So I'm going trough all the movies, slowly, because sometimes you can catch a movie like "She" or "Slave Girls" and you regret your decision of opening the boxset

Unfortunately Scars of Dracula it's not great either.. it's a little boring, Mr. Lee seems to be there for the paycheck - there is not really a true nemesis for Dracula, the only good thing is the gore & violence.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Demoncrat, Graveyard and iank like this.
Old 24th March 2021, 06:09 PM
Active Cultist

I'm guessing you like the movie.

Or maybe you love slave girls?

Old 24th March 2021, 06:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
I'm guessing you like the movie.

Or maybe you love slave girls?

I like both Slave Girls and Scars. I admit Scars is flawed but i still love it.

She's a bit dull though. Can't wait to see what you make of Vengeance of She.
Demoncrat, Graveyard and MrBarlow like this.
Old 24th March 2021, 07:15 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
She's a bit dull though. Can't wait to see what you make of Vengeance of She.

TBH with you, I ignored that one - I will pretend the dvd was missing
Old 24th March 2021, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Starting with the birth of the Jeff Goldblums son whom is adopted by the boss of a scientific research company in the hope he will mutate like his father and help them make the teleportation device's work. Growing at a accelerated rate he falls in love but soon begins to mutate like his farther and seeks revenge on the company as well as a cure. Not as good as the original but still enjoyable with some great practical gore effects. 7.5/10

An enjoyable anthology tale which not up there with the likes of amicas it's better than most modern tales. A nearly unrecognizable Clancy Brown is a mortician who tells three tales which are linked by returning characters in each , too a young woman. 7/10

Now watching.

Old 24th March 2021, 09:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Frankenhooker. 1990.

After his fiancee is killed in a accident, a medical student drop out tries to re-build her by using bodies of prostitutes.

A very homage horror comedy B movie from the maker of Basket Case and Brain Damage about a medical student who flunks his class and tries to be like Victor Frankenstein who looks for the perfect girl parts and end us using ladies of the nights for his deceased fiancee who only asks "wanna date, looking for some action, need some company". I forgot how daft this film is yet still made me laugh, even Angela just about spat out her coffee with laughter, looks like she has a new comedy movie.

frankenhooker.jpg
Old 24th March 2021, 11:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Sentinel. 1977.

A young model moves into a new building where a blind priest lives on the top floor, she soon realises she is living in a building with a gateway to hell and she has been chosen to be the next person to protect the building.

I last saw this film about two years ago and watching it again still gives me a bit of the chills, even though it does seem a bit campy these days, with Michael Winner at the directing chair you can't argue that he made a fascinating film with a good star cast. The picture quality and sound is a lot better and sharper than the dvd version that was released so thankfully I didn't need the volume up loud and subtitles up. This kind of goes to a new tenant with some weird neighbours, a haunted flat but goes more to a dark atmospheric building with a secret. Certainly recommended.

640x640-238x238+16+0_9660160.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!