All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Man Vs (2015)

Man Vs Budget would be apter
A Bear Grylls type is dumped in the Canadian wilderness to fend for himself (with support team within jogging distance ahem) but finds more than truffles during his "ordeal".
Reasonable build up shattered by the cheapo CGI.
To be brutally honest, Man Vs Food is scarier

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd April 2021, 05:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Hellraiser: Judgment (2018)

I might as well say it straight away. I really enjoyed this.

It had everything i want from a direct to dvd entry in a series which is now 34 years old. It had an easy to follow storyline about two detective brothers tracking a serial killer. It has some seriously fun gore. Cenobites in it a lot (Which can't be said for many of the films in the series), some cool new Cenobites as well as one or two from past movies and it also introduces new aspects of hell such as the Stygian Inquisition which work beautifully.

Although he's not Doug Bradley (His own choice not to be involved), Paul T Taylor is a pretty good Pinhead and new Cenobites such as the Auditor and the Cleaners are in my opinion great additions to the franchise.

With a running time of 80 minutes Hellraiser: Judgment is quit short and thankfully none of the time is wasted. It's to be commended for adding several new ideas to the series and not simply trying to get by on what has gone before.

Because there's so much Cenobite action and a storyline that zips along i think this is the best of the DTV sequels by far and is also a more coherent movie than the majority of Hellraiser films full stop.
Old 3rd April 2021, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Godzilla Vs Kong (2021)

Monkey fight lizard. Things break. Eric! Eleven! Ahem.
I'm going to watch it again just to make sure of what I saw

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Zombies Of Mora Tau. 1957.

In the East coast of Africa, Zombie-like sailors always protect their fortune from treasure hunters, will a new group try and succeed?

A good campy example of the 50s B movies era that was enjoyable to watch, good scenery for the atmospheric plot that does the film some justice, there is something remarkable from Alison Hayes being a zombie and nobody wants to believe it, the other actors do try to keep it entertaining and able to pass an hour or so, certainly worth another watch,.

Zombies_of_Mora_Tau_poster.jpg
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Zombies Of Mora Tau. 1957.

In the East coast of Africa, Zombie-like sailors always protect their fortune from treasure hunters, will a new group try and succeed?

A good campy example of the 50s B movies era that was enjoyable to watch, good scenery for the atmospheric plot that does the film some justice, there is something remarkable from Alison Hayes being a zombie and nobody wants to believe it, the other actors do try to keep it entertaining and able to pass an hour or so, certainly worth another watch,.
No wonder if she's a 50ft zombie.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
No wonder if she's a 50ft zombie.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 4th April 2021, 03:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Vampire's Ghost. 1945.

In a African port, a small bar is run by Webb Fallon who is a vampire, Webb is slowly becoming tired of his life, when murders are being committed he is blamed by the locals.

This was a different take on the vampire genre, there is no gothic house or atmospheric scenery, there is some sympathy for the character Webb until his dark side emerges halfway through the film. John Abbott takes the lead role as the vampire who writes a book on how to properly kill a vampire,that may be used to kill him. I won't say this is a classic film but certainly enjoyable and worth a watch even for Adele Mara's exotic dance number.

220px-The_Vampire%27s_Ghost_poster.jpg
Old 4th April 2021, 11:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Soul

Pixar Movie in which a Soul from a Jazz Musician tries to get back into the body instead of going to The Great Beyond. The Soul tries to mentor a new Soul that doesn't want to enter a body. I first thought that this was a sequel to Inside Out but to be honest for a Pixar Movie, I found this to be rather slow and boring (Apart from a couple of funny moments)
My wife and I loved Pixar's Soul. We found it to be funny and actually very moving. I'm not ashamed to say that my eyes were wet when it finished. It's the best standalone Pixar film in a very long time and takes you back to the quality times when they were on top of their game with projects like Up and WALL-E. It might possibly be, the very best Pixar movie to date and it honestly gets my highest recommendation.
Old 4th April 2021, 01:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Highly enjoyable monster movie that looks fantastic , forget the human characters especially Miss Brown's team as they are secondary and it's all about Kong and Godzilla blowing and smashing shit up. The last act is spectacular with Kong and Godzilla teaming up to take down megagodzilla. The young deaf girl was by far the most interesting and likable human character and her relationship with Kong was quite touching. The kill rate puts man of steel to shame with hong Kong being virtually destroyed!

Now watching.

Old 4th April 2021, 05:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gordon Bombay is a lawyer whom is given community service to coach a inner city pee wee ice hockey team, which he's not happy about as he has dislike of the game after a disastrous game when he was a child. Can be turn these bunch of losers into a winning team and turn himself into a better person in the processs. A enjoyable and underdog story with a likable cast.

Up later.

Like this? Share it using the links below!