i should been more specific

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 8th August 2010, 02:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Perhaps, as the two people who commented on the film they thought he watched both passed their opinions on two completely different movies! Still, we now know what I think of Steve McQueen's Hunger and what bizarre_eye thinks of Tony Scott and The Hunger!
Old 8th August 2010, 02:58 PM
Active Cultist

Well, I decided to watch ISOYG with the commentary track playing as I've seen the film before. Some very interesting opinions and pieces of information from Mr. Zarchi

Mordum, on the other hand. Got 30 minutes in and had to turn the bastard off. I'm a gore fan and a film has never gotten the better of me until today. Actually, I think it was the shaky camera that really did it, had my head spinning!
Old 8th August 2010, 03:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Batman Begins last night. I find it amazing that I connect with Batman and want him to kick ass in this film, but in the Dark Knight I want the Joker to win and can't stand Batman until the last scene of the fim.
Old 8th August 2010, 05:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Perhaps, as the two people who commented on the film they thought he watched both passed their opinions on two completely different movies! Still, we now know what I think of Steve McQueen's Hunger and what bizarre_eye thinks of Tony Scott and The Hunger!
i thought it was really good

Watched Splice last night.

thought it was pretty good, altho it lacked action IMO.
Ending was good as it had more going on.
The 2nd sex scene was pretty shocking, I was like
And then a bit later she forgot all about it and forgave him.
The end rape was pretty shockin too. I dont mean shocking as in disturbing.
Looking forward to a sequel as thats what the end hinted at.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 8th August 2010, 10:55 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

"Evil Come Evil Go", a great slice of Southern Gothic religious murder crossed with West Coast sexploitation. In amongst all the flesh, blood and near hardcore action there is a rather fine satire on American fundamentalist Christianity.

"The Hand of Pleasure" bleeding awful sexploiter that contains loads of tourist information footage about London and a couple of cute looking women who have been turned into "love robots" to, er, suck information from spies. For some reason the two purr and meow a lot! Also contains a fairly funny joke about midgets.

The third film on this Something Weird disc, "Terror at Orgy Castle" defeated me last night, however having made a personal vow to see every film ever made with women dressed only in cloaks and big thatching, I will return to it at a later date - once Mrs MTDS is out or in bed and stops calling me a pervert.
Old 9th August 2010, 02:24 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The Triple Feature of Disappointment!

Nr. 1 - The Taking of Pelham 123 (Remake)
Only one thing to say: Stop moving the friggin camera, this isn't cool, it's just godawfully annoying! The script was fine, the two lead actors really good but Tony Scotts directions - especially the editing and camera work - are downright terrible and ruin almost every single scene in this film.

Nr. 2 - Smokin Aces 2
You might wanna bitchslap me for this one, but I found the first one to be pretty boring and uninteresting. So after I heard the second should be just a mindnumbing actionfest, I had to get it, of course. And you know what, the story's pretty nice ... well, it's crammed into the last 10 minutes of the movie, the rest is lame jokes and unintersting characters, mixed with little not-very-well-done action - long story short: A bore with surprisingly good last 10 minutes.

Nr. 3 - Ong Bak 2
Call me an idiot, but if I watch a film with a "2" at the end, I expect it to have at least something to do with the first ... anything! Especially, if Jaa also produced and co-directed this thing. Well, what do you want to see Jaa doing - right, the same you want to see Jackie Chan doing, and that's kicking some mjr butt. Well, "Ong Bak 2" hat much, but action's not really a part of it. There's talking, testing, some dancing, more talking, more nothing and once in the middle and in the (awesome) finale, there's what you've been waiting for for 70 friggin minutes: asswhoopin! And yeah, Jaa does that pretty well and those fight scenes are really impressive - but the rest of the movie is just plain boring. And, oh yeah, why the hell is that one called "Ong Bak 2"? Should have been called "Revenge of the Warrior 2", at least it has more to do with this one than with OB. Well, the connection's still pretty damn loose, but hey, there are elephants.

Now I think I gotta watch me some NCIS to calm my nerves... Seriously, pick 3 movies for a night you really have looked forward to and all of them suck, that's gotta be some kind of record.
Old 9th August 2010, 06:55 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Jaws. Was on telly yesterday and no matter how many times I've seen this I can't seem to turn it off. At this stage myself and the missus are quoting something in every scene!

Gran Torino. Brilliant Clint movie. Great seeing him in front of the camera again

Friday the 13th 6. The scene where Jason is resurrected is one of my faves of the series.
Old 9th August 2010, 11:23 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Kelly bought me The Crazies remake on Blu-ray yesterday so watched it last night. I saw it in the cinema and thought it was great, seeing it for the second time I still thought it was great. Well directed, acted and a healthy amount of scares thrown in. In my opinion it's the best 'remake/reimagining' of a horror classic along with Dawn of the Dead.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!