Like Tree179040Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2021, 10:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Enforcer (1976)

Clint Eastwood returns in his third outing as Detective Inspector Harry Callahan, this time teamed up with rookie former pen pushing Detective Moore - a genuinely spirited performance by Tyne Daly - as they attempt to stop a criminal gang who have stolen a cache of rocket launchers.

Whilst not the best of the series, i've always preferred the original Dirty Harry and follow up Magnum Force, this is still a cracking film with some sparkling dialogue and plenty of action. Eastwood and Daly work well together throughout with a nicely written yet provocative script and it's Callahan's ability to put down his so called superiors that produces the laughs in a film that perfectly balances humour and action in what is a gritty 70's crime movie.

It should also be noted that Callahan's famed .44 Magnum shatters windows when watched in HD.

"... your mouthwash ain't makin' it!"
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th April 2021, 10:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
"... your mouthwash ain't makin' it!"
Haha! I laughed out loud at that one.

This too.

Harry Callahan : Hypothetical situation, huh? All right, I'm standing on the street corner, and Mrs. Grey there comes up and propositions me. She says if I come home with her, for $5 she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony...

Mrs. Grey : If this is your idea of humor, Inspector...

Lt. Dobbs : All right, what are you trying to do here, Callahan?

Harry Callahan : I'm just trying to find out if anybody in this room knows what the hell law is being broken, besides cruelty to animals.
Old 16th April 2021, 11:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Autopsy of Jane Doe. 2016.

Father and son coroners try to find the answers of a body that has been brought in to them, the more they dwell into the autopsy the more the body reveals some dark secrets.

This is the second time I have watched this and it's a lot better with the second viewing, from the start it seems like a enigma to suspenseful then down to the creepy moments. Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch have a lot of chemistry on screen as the father and son duo who feel they have a mystery on their hands and soon unravels something darker, classic Friday night horror with the lights outs and sound up.

MV5BMjA2MTEzMzkzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjM2MTM5MDI@._V1_.jpg
Old 17th April 2021, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Exorcist III: Cries and Shadows. 1975.

Young Peter thinks he sees a naked lady by a waterfall and snaps a photo. the lady has gone from the picture, he goes back to the spot and finds a amulet, soon after he begins to feel possessed.

Another Italian Exorcist knock off with real shitty dubbing, low budget make up, nudity and sex, is this why we love some of the eurotrash movies that come our way? Even though it's very cheesy yet I still find it enjoyable to watch after seeing it back in the 90s and re watched either last year or the year before, old age creeping up on me.

exorcist3.jpg
Old 17th April 2021, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Terror At London Bridge. 1985.

England 1888, Jack the ripper was killed and brick falls into the Thames, in 1985, the bridge now shipped to Arizona and the last brick inserted, soon murders begin to happen and a detective believes the spirit of Jack the ripper has arrived.

This was another movie that went through many title changes, only thing that stayed the same was David Hasslehoff's hair design and acting abilities to star in a T.V. horror movie. It's quite a laugh seeing people trying to pull off the English accent, by Joel they nearly nailed it. I use to watch this when I was young and looking at it today...what was I thinking, except Adrienne Barbeau still made worth a watch.

terroratlondonbridge.jpg
Old 17th April 2021, 09:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fukushima 50. 2020.

11th March 2011, a earthquake devastated the area of Japan and tsunami hit the Fukushima Daiichi power plant, plant workers stayed behind to avoid a catastrophe bigger than Chernobyl.

This wasn't a documentary but a movie put together piece by piece of the workers and what their bosses called a suicide squad to stay and stop anything big from happening and as always the politicians try and change their decisions without knowing what they are up against. Ken Watanabe and Koichi Sato play their parts brilliantly as plant operator and chief engineer who seemed to have the same idea how to stop the plant from exploding and shows how the workers always respect the decisions that are being made. Worth a watch.

fukushima-50.jpg
Old 17th April 2021, 10:43 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 232616
RASPUTIN THE MAD MONK (1966)
THE REPTILE (1966)

Another original Hammer Films double bill.
What can you say? Another great night of viewing. I had not seen Rasputin in a while. Love the scene where Rasputin walks toward the window, opens it and stares out to Sonya. Really creepy!
I love Rasputin Christopher Lee is so bloody good in it.
Old 18th April 2021, 11:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This was a lot better than the original film by this name, here a group of friends go back too the orphanage they grew up in along with their family's , we soon learn something evil is going on and it's connected to something that happened when they where kids. Quite unnerving and gory,with beheadings ,creepy crawlies bursting out of peoples bodies and people cutting parts of their bodies off. Well worth a watch.

Slightly unhinged medical student comes to Miskatonic University to continue his experiments in bringing the dead back to life. A gory classic.

This was a enjoyable slow burning found footage , a investigator of paranormal events is sent by a Vatican to investigate a old church in England. Slow burning but effective.

A bunch of medical students end up on the menu for a group of Nazi zombies when they go on holiday in a cabin in the wilderness. A gory black comedy with nods and references to other horror films, the snowy setting adds too the atmosphere.

Now watching

Old 18th April 2021, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A gang of Chinese living in Japan try too take over the underworld of the city they live in a cop is on there trail and sets out too stop them. The film starts with a five minute montage of sex, drugs and violence and then becomes a typical violent yakuza film until the last five minutes when the cop and the gangs leader confront each other and then logic and reality fly out of the window with there final battle that defies all logic!

Now watching

Old 18th April 2021, 09:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Bad Day at Black Rock (1955)

When is a western not a western? The answer is when it's John Sturges' Bad Day at Black Rock. A film that although set in a small dirt water desert town straight out of 1879 brings elements of film noir to proceedings.

Starring Spencer Tracy as a WWII veteran searching for a man named Komoko. Just the man's name brings out the worst in the town's residents including Robert Ryan, Walter Brennan, Ernest Borgnine and Lee Marvin who all appear to have a secret to hide and will use intimidation and violence to protect it.

Although not an action packed affair the superbly devised script allows suspense to build from the off as Ryan and co goad Tracy into action so they can kill him claiming self defence to the paid off sheriff (Dean Jagger). There's a delightfully tense atmosphere throughout which culminates in a terrifically cool sequence in a bar as Borgnine picks a fight with Tracy under the watchful gaze of Ryan.

So for anyone looking for a classic film noir playing out under a baking desert sun then Bad Day at Black Rock is the movie for you.

Watched via the HMV Premium Collection Blu-ray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bad_Day_at_Black_Rock_(1955_poster).jpg (111.4 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!