Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

nekromantik 9th August 2010 12:10 PM

Saw My Son My Son What Have Ye Done.

It said David Lynch presents in the title screen but apparntly he has nothing to do with the movie apart form being connected to the production company. Its a lil hommage to Lynch movies about the slow spiral into madness of one man.

Now I am not sure how I feel about it, its not a bad movie at all but I gotta admit it was kinda slow in the middle and bored me with all the flashbacks. Once it got going again at the end then it caught my attention again.

DeadAlive 9th August 2010 02:16 PM

Mercenaries From Hong Kong
This is not as action packed as I was hoping for, but a solid cast help a great deal. Mindless but enjoyable fun directed by hack film maker Wong Jing. I believe this was one of the first Shaw Brothers films to have a modern day setting.

Sex And Drugs And Rock & Roll
Biography of Ian Dury who despite being stricken with polio at a young age became one of the founders of the punk-rock scene in Britain in the 1970s. A little arty at times with some embellishments purely for dramatic effect, the central performance from Andy Serkis is outstanding. It helps that the songs are great too.

pedromonkey 9th August 2010 04:26 PM

District 9
awesome incredibly original sci-fi flick.

Cabin Fever 2
not a bad sequel, had some obvious studio interference but still enjoyable.

re.form 9th August 2010 07:34 PM

The Ghost Writer.

Sargento 10th August 2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 96432)
The Ghost Writer.

I have Ghost Writer and Tekken to watch over the next couple of days.

re.form 10th August 2010 06:49 PM

I've got Tekken to watch as well! I've no doubt it has the same political dramatics that the Ghost Writer has!
;)

Gigantor 11th August 2010 01:55 PM

Tentacles
orca
cruel jaws

pedromonkey 11th August 2010 04:13 PM

watched Drew Barrymore's directorial debut, WHIP IT! last night and it was pretty good....

mbv 11th August 2010 06:24 PM

Tenebrae One of the best Argento movies. Greatest ever arm chopping in history.
Starship Troopers Finally got around to watching this. Apart from the incredible cheese and crap acting this is great fun.
Two Evil Eyes Hadn't watched this in years and was much better than I remembered.

Sargento 11th August 2010 08:10 PM

Just watched

Tekken

Yet again another video game to movie borefest! Just didn't feel like a Tekken game at all. Some of the characters were there yeah, but they could have been anyone. I was waiting for the bloke with the leopards head to show up, but didn't! What a cop out! But the guy from Bros was there!!

Poor story, uninspired action ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz